Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
255 user(s) are online (215 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Gris, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Having gone through it a few times that's a very tough thing to deal with.

I was reading about property taxes and feeling jealous. Mine are around $7,000/yr on a middle class home. That doesn't include garbage like some folks. Our combined water and garbage bill is around $150 a month. And I don't even live in one of the more "upscale" places. The taxes are even higher there. Illinois is one of the worst places for taxes overall. And we're about to see even worse taxes nationally over the next four years. Can't wait.

That's it for now.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/11/10 6:15

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, THE CHEROKEES ARE WAITING FOR THE RAIN.

THE WANENMACHER GUN SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELED. TULSA SEEMS TO BE A KUNG FLU HOTBED AT PRESENT. I'LL HAVE TO UNPACK AND PUT AWAY ALL THE STUFF I WAS GETTING READY TO GO. I WAS HAVING SOME ANXIETY ABOUT GOING.

#2 GRANDDAUGHTER KUNG FLU NEGATIVE. DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WILL BE DOING FOR THANKSGIVING; THAT'S ALL UP TO THE WOMEN.

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS RE SWEETHEART.
Posted on: 2020/11/10 13:59
Edited by GRIS on 2020/11/10 14:19:43

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Damn ice storm is hitting here.... pavement was warm enough to melt still but have about an half inch on my work truck... warming it up now.... you know how fast Diesels warm up..... not very fast....

Wow glad Biden got that covid vaccine ready for us..... really? Has there ever been a weaker man to stand as the president of this great country..... I'm sorry I'm getting ahead of myself... the fraud investigation continues.... and I hope the folks who were involved get some prison time.....which would be a lot of them...of course Nebraska is squeaky clean....all the gals counting the votes voted for Trump......

We pay about $4K in taxes per year on our acreage... my west boundary is the city limit line...... across the fence they pay double.... don't be moving dat line I tell them.... when we moved in in 1990 we paid $600 bucks.... course we did make a few improvements to the place since then.....

have a squeaky clean day Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/11/10 15:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....pretty chilly here this morning, 28 for the low. No wind...yet, and sunny! Mid 50s, for a high, is predicted.

I need to go remove a basement door that was removed so a new furnace could be taken down, then re-installed chitty. The HVAC company is paying to have it done right.

Guess I better get going.
Posted on: 2020/11/10 15:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Good afternoon y 'all.

Gris so very sorry to hear about your furbaby. They become family members and it hurts the heart to lose them.
Tommy - glad to hear you weathered the storm pretty well and all are safe.
Beautiful day here yet again, we're on a summer streak. Wish It'd stay. Spent the day yesterday at the physical therapist, then got my nails sharpened, then off to the house for quick late lunch and was at the nursing home in her room with her until about 5:30. Just weird. All is well and we're shut out, all isn't well and door swung wide open. I was told, however that I'm kinda the aministrator's experimental case. How things work with me might be what determines her allowing others in. I'm classified as "compassionate caregiver". When I'm there she's up and talking and feeding herself. When I"m not, she's just lying there. Not enough staff to go around and not many that she likes enough to do tricks for. Lady in bed next to her isn't social, doesn't speak and they sat her food tray in for supper and it just sat there. Upset me. I'm not allowed to help her or I would have. Whole mess is shitty.
Anyway - speaking of such, the politics are crappy too. A new social media site or two has opened up, and of course, upon entering you find 79 Million other conservatives mad trying to get in the door at once and it shut the site down. I did get in and it's nothing but politics so I showed myself right out.
seems I recall too much of the crying and whining done by liberalst and leftists from the previous election. You can't talk sense into a borned idiot. 2/3 of my family is proof of that.
Have a good day everyone
Posted on: 2020/11/10 20:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Gris, again, sorry for the pooch.

Mat, thanks again for the tech help. And otherwise I’m happy things are good or improving for the week for all of you.
And Letty(hope I got it right) I know what you mean about family. My daughter’s a teacher and I’m pretty sure she voted along with Ohio Education Association’s (OEA) endorsement of Bumblin’ Joe. I can’t be mad. She’s my sunshine.
Have a Great one all!
Posted on: 2020/11/10 22:08

CorvetteBob Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I just caught the line at the bottom of the page about becoming a “Guru Garage Site.”
What’s that mean?
Posted on: 2020/11/10 22:12

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 11.10.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

No clue....never noticed it before.... appears Andy has some other site in the works.
Posted on: 2020/11/11 0:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.