Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

vetteblondie, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Turds-day 11/12/2020
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Titled this for Letty.
Don’t have much yet, but as per yesterday’s posts, I was especially happy they stopped drafting because my lottery number was 6. Unlike both my older brothers, I hadn’t developed any allergies at that time, so I’m betting I’d have been slogging thru paddies by ‘74. My middle bro turned 18 in ‘67. When the lottery started, his number was 1. Mom told me that. He was 4f for allergies and stayed in school.
As I recall, that lottery was started because the poor guys that couldn’t go to college got a trip to Nam, while the “ rich” kids got college deferments.
And there were a lot less black guys in college than white guys. So they had to even things up and did so by removing the loophole of college deferment.

Well I guess I should call it a day. I’ll check back when the sun’s up.
Posted on: 2020/11/12 6:49

GRIS Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, GONNA BE PRETTY ALL DAY, HIGH OF 65. THE CHEROKEES APPROVE OF THIS FORECAST :-)

THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE DRAFT WAS THAT IT WAS NOT UNIVERSAL. THE MILITARY ADVANTAGE WAS GREAT AND THE WIDER SOCIAL BENEFITS GREATER, IF GENERALLY UNRECOGNIZED. AMONG OTHER THINGS, A CONSCRIPT ARMY IS AN UNLIKELY TOOL TO OPPRESS THE CITIZENRY.

THE ONLY TASK PENDING TODAY IS PROCUREMENT OF ANOTHER RAWHIDE BONE FOR TROUBLE. HE GOES THRU THEM AMAZINGLY FAST.

I'M STARTING TO ACCUMULATE CHRISTMAS GIFTS. THE GUNS I WANTED TO SELL AT WANENMACHER WILL PROBABLY GO TO GRAND KIDS AND THE JEWELRY SEARCH HAS BEEN INITIATED. THE BEST PART OF CHRISTMAS IS FINDING SOMETHING JUST RIGHT FOR THE RECIPIENT.

ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN, GURUS!

Attach file:

jpg  FOD.jpg (43.60 KB)
12496_5fad4c46801b5.jpg 640X325 px
Posted on: 2020/11/12 14:50

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.... Slept in while Rosie went to work. I think she, kind of, misses working. Me, I'm headed to the shop to work on a couple things.

Still just 28 now (9am), but sunny and headed toward the low 50s...don't think the shop door will be open today.

Have a great one.
Posted on: 2020/11/12 15:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Sun is out but not doing much to warm things up.....looks like the high today will be................36...... that is not high enough.....

New work is going well.... test plots came back on the new fertilizer type I came up with.... and we hit a homerun... so now have to figure out how best to market it and do further research.... the new job is going well but keep calling on farmers who are in quarantine or have the Vid..... its getting worse out here..... lot of folks who work for the same company I do are out with it..... hard to do business.... Don't worry....Biden has the answer....we should all wear masks... brilliant..... cutting edge stuff there.... geez...

keep moving towards the light Guru's...
Posted on: 2020/11/12 15:08

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Bob Turd Day Indeed! I"m at work in my dungeon and it's sunny outside, although much cooler. Still nice in the sun though.
I have friends that were caught up in the draft. They were poor and at that disadvantage. As much as they did hate the draft, my Vietnam freinds have mentioned that being drafted might be the needed "fix" for the attitudes of some of these younger people. "If they dealt with what we did, they'd learn a lot, be stronger minded and more appreciative of their freedoms and perhaps not be so divisive and against our county, God and all that's fair and right" is how one put it. I have to somewhat agree with that.
Hoping for a nursing home visit tomorrow. There's some issues I want to address there and things I want to check back on for myself. I whined about wanting to get her a UTI test for over a week and they finally did and of course she had one. Problem is the duration of it and the effects of that. My last visit I noticed her right leg larger than her left and belly swollen a lot for someone who hasn't been eating much. My two therories are fluid needing drained from her lympahtic system due to immobility the last couple days or the beginning of renal failure due to the severe UTI. I know something has to kill us all at some point, just don't want to see her suffer after she's already been through so much with the inhumane lockdowns and such, plus past events there.
They simply do not have the staff to do what needs to be done. I feel this is why they've let me in as her "compassionate caregiver" to alleviate them at least with her for a while. Im' scheduled for 30 minute visits but I'm often there 2.5 hours or so. When I"m there, she's up, talkative, eats good, drinks plenty and is alert. When I'm not I'm told she just lays there. She wouldn't if they'd work with her.
Let's get through this day shall we?
Posted on: 2020/11/12 15:59

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Winter has returned to the Philadelphia area—the temperature has been dropping for most of the day.

Gris, 50 pictures. More details:

https://j3studiopress.com/2020/11/09/50000-words/

Posted on: 2020/11/12 16:12

TommyT-Bone Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My electricity is out. Somewhere from the pole to my house. 121 on one side 94 on the other. Called the electrician and the power company. Electrician got there first and diagnosed it. Running my diesel Kubota generator. Not strong enough to support my 220 stuff. Only the 110. So , no A/C, no hot water, no stove, no dryer. Have lights, fans, refrigerators and freezers, aeriation for the pond, tv and now my computer. I hate when this happens. 28 days without power back with hurricane Andrew. A few days with Hurricane Irma. See how lucky I get. Florida has a ton of power issues thanks to Eta. It is hot and humid still. It could be worse. I could be without a generator.
Posted on: 2020/11/12 20:14

j3studio Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

My electricity is out. Somewhere from the pole to my house. 121 on one side 94 on the other. Called the electrician and the power company. Electrician got there first and diagnosed it. Running my diesel Kubota generator. Not strong enough to support my 220 stuff. Only the 110. So , no A/C, no hot water, no stove, no dryer. Have lights, fans, refrigerators and freezers, aeriation for the pond, tv and now my computer. I hate when this happens. 28 days without power back with hurricane Andrew. A few days with Hurricane Irma. See how lucky I get. Florida has a ton of power issues thanks to Eta. It is hot and humid still. It could be worse. I could be without a generator.

Best of luck for getting power back soon.

Posted on: 2020/11/12 20:20

teebee Re: Turds-day 11/12/2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

That stinks Tommy.

Made lots of progress in the shop today.
Posted on: 2020/11/13 0:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.