Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
165 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

It's chilly here but no snow. So the C5 is still being driven

A little fence dilemma going on right now. Neighbor next to us wanted to redo the old wooden fence. Great idea, it was time to replace with vinyl I agreed. Figured we'd split the cost of the side fence. No problem. But they went ahead and planned everything without me and decided to put up a 6 ft instead of matching the pre-existing 5 ft. Wife is not happy. This is still in the planning/contract phase but from talking to the fence company today that's what they decided. So I need to discuss that with the neighbors this week. Otherwise the wife said piss on them and they can pay for it themselves. I agree.

Gris, hope the wife is feeling better. But as opposed to a gall bladder issue she may be just be experiencing a pain in the ass. That's my untrained medical diagnosis, of course.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/11/17 6:45

CorvetteBob Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I don’t envy your dilemma there Mat. Mixing money and neighbors just doesn’t seem to work. At least, not that I’ve seen.

Gotta hit the hay. Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Posted on: 2020/11/17 6:53

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, WILL WARM UP TO 68 THEY SAY. THE CHEROKEES CAN LIVE WITH THAT.

DARLING WIFE'S SCAN WAS NEGATIVE, NOW THEY WANT TO DO SOMETHING INVOLVING RADIOACTIVE DYE. THE PAIN HAS LESSENED SHE SAYS. SHE IS BECOMING DISILLUSIONED WITH THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY; I HAVE BEEN FOR A WHILE NOW.

GOT A COUPLE OF ERRANDS TO RUN TODAY IN FT GIB AND MUSKOGEE.

BABY DAUGHTER SAYS THE OKC VAH IS TAKING VETS FROM RURAL HOSPITALS AS TRANSFERS SO THE RURAL HOSPITALS WILL HAVE OPENINGS FOR NON-VETS. SOUNDS LIKE "THEY" NEED TO GET ON THE STICK WITH VACCINE DISTRIBUTION.
Posted on: 2020/11/17 14:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Matt,
Good fences make great neighbors. Cover the top foot with green plastic vines. Looks great in all 4 seasons. Or paint it a different color. Trim it out. Or take a bunch of old metal tools and hang them in different directions on the top foot giving it a nice redneck effect. One last possible fix. Every 6 feet or so alternate a jackalope head with a fur bearing trout mount.

A solution. You pay for the top half of the fence then cut off a foot of your half.
Posted on: 2020/11/17 16:00

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I think Tommy has the fence issue figured out. I'd opt for that last option just to piss them off. But that's me.
Gris, prayers for your wife. Dealing with doctors and such will frustrate the best of us.
Has been really nice here the last few days, supposed to hit over 70 this coming weekend. Looking forward to that and being outside in the sun.
Sorry for my abscense, just kinda kept to my self a bit last few days and not felt real great. I don't have the virus, just some sinus and chest mess, sneezing what not, typical for me this time of year.
Cousin in nursing home has yet another UTI. Being treated, in the mean time she's confused, as is typical with her and those. Hoping better by Friday and I'll go visit again. They pretty much let me come and go as I please, which I'm grateful. However I don't feel it's fair to any of the others. None of it makes sense.
Hope everyone has a good rest of the day
Posted on: 2020/11/17 16:45

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

BIG DAUGHTER GOT THE PATHOLOGY REPORT BACK ON SWEETHEART. IT WAS LUNG CANCER. GOT A SYMPATHY CARD FROM THE VET CLINIC STAFF THE OTHER DAY. THEY THOUGHT SHE WAS NAMED CORRECTLY.
Posted on: 2020/11/17 19:01

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Hope that is nothing serious Gris.....I have gotten to the point that I can tell when the Docs are working the system and they are all working the system.... I have a pre op physical this Friday and a CT scan of my chest... 2 year follow up on the scar tissue they saw back then. making sure nothing is changing..... the back Doc will use the CT scan to make sure my lungs are clear before they administer the knock out drugs... I suggested just a leather strap but they said they have better ways of doing things now....

Sorry again about your pup Gris.....

Work is going well.....I'm enjoying myself.... I know hard to believe.....

here is some light reading....

https://buffalochronicle.com/2020/11/1 ... he-may-flip-on-joe-biden/
Posted on: 2020/11/18 1:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 11.17.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys, another busy day.

Fences....I don't like them. Neighbor on south put one up all on his own. People on the north no fence. Don't need anything on the east (back) my shop pretty much takes care of that side. Good luck with your dilemma

Gris, I hope things work themselves out with the wife. Nice that the staff at the vet clinic was so understanding.

Letty, still saying prayers for your cousin.

Posted on: 2020/11/18 1:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.