Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

WELL, I'M JUST SO GLAD TO BE HERE---
Posted on: 2021/1/10 13:30

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7620 Posts

CLOUDY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 29 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH.

UPDATE: HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS DAY AT BIG DAUGHTER'S, EVERYBODY WAS PLEASED WITH THEIR GIFTS. THE GRANDSONS GOT ME A BOTTLE OF WELLERS ANTIQUE 107, GOOD STUFF, BUT MY FAVORITE WAS THE T-SHIRT #3'S MEXICANA SWEETHEART MADE ME:
DIAGNOSED WITH OCD
OBSESSIVE CORVETTE DISORDER
THAT GIRL DOESN'T MISS A TRICK :-)

THE NEW YEAR WAS GREETED WITH SNORES AM GRISHEIM; THE OLD FOLKS WENT TO SLEEP.

WE GOT OUR KUNG FLU SHOTS FRIDAY. I WAS AMAZED AT HOW WELL ORGANIZED IT WAS. IN AND OUT IN ABOUT 45 MINUTES---

YESTERDAY #3 GRANDSON CAME OVER AND WE RE-UPHOLSTERED THE DOGHOUSE WITH STRAW, MOVED A BIGGER DOG BOX IN TO THE HOUSE IN CASE OF REALLY COLD WEATHER, AND CHANGED THE OIL AND FILTER IN THE ARGO (L-O-N-G OVERDUE). THAT LAST WAS A REAL PIA, AS I HAD THE WRONG FILTER :-0

THERE WAS AN ADDED BENEFIT: I ALWAYS GET FED BETTER WHEN GRANDKIDS ARE HERE---
Posted on: 2021/1/10 13:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4638 Posts

Good morning - dreary and cold again here, have deer chili made from yesterday that most likely will be today's lunch. kielbasa and cabbage for the crokpot for tonight. spent 3 hours at the nursing home yesterday putting her room back together, set up her cell phone, now her tv works by Alexa voice command and she can call me hands free and a couple others. Will work on additional enhancements later. Did get the name from her on the snotty nurse so will deal with that Monday - that one needs a different line of work.
We had a great Crimmus as we weren't home. Best Chrimmus ever - no cooking, cleaning and no family drama etc. Just us and the ocean and peace and quiet. We think we'll do this again next year. Maybe take some friends along. Hope the holidays were good to the rest of you and hope that everyone who has been under the weather is back on the mend
Posted on: 2021/1/10 15:40

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Hi guys. I thought we were goners. Thanks for the site restoration. I'm spending 3 weeks in the Keys with Sue. The boat is repaired, running and sitting in the water at the dock. Needs a few smaller repairs but nothing that would prevent us from using it.Every year at this time I think of Bill H and Brad. Miss them both. If the site disappears I suggest we communicate through the Facebook page Andy created years ago for those that have Facebook. All is well with us. We were exposed to covid by our nephew but neither one of us has showed any symptoms. Best wishes in the New Year.
Posted on: 2021/1/10 16:06

bogus Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Welcome back!!!

Sorry about the downtime... GoDaddy moved us to a new server (and it sure is faster!). But they updated the underlying software, which caused the forum software to break.

I called tech support and they reverted the software (a programming language called PHP), and we are back!

I am going update the current software shortly.
Posted on: 2021/1/10 17:25

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

TommyT-Bone Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Andy,how have you and Tamiza been? Hope all is well. Knee?Job? Generally? Do you still have Tamiza's C4?
Posted on: 2021/1/10 18:04

teebee Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, HELLO folks! A lot has happened since Christmas day. Where do I begin? Christmas was a great time. Sad that we couldn't all be together, but, #2 and her brood were all here. Christmas morning we headed to see Rosies' dad and her sister and hubby came in and we had lunch together. In the afternoon, most of their family stopped by, as it was a nice day, and we sat outside while they all visited, Grands and greats. Then on the 29th we headed to KC to see the rest of the of our gang. #2 GS came with us.

The 30th SIL (#1) called to say, if I wanted to help, he and his dad were adding power brakes to the 66 Mustang he bought for #1. It didn't have PS or PB when they bought it, but they added power steering this fall. So I went over to give them a hand...not necessarily what I would call fun, but it was nice to spend time with SIL and his dad. Did a front disk brake conversion while we were at it. The booster mounting is a royal PITA, BTW.

We purchased a treadmill while we were there for Rosie. While we were in quarantine she had to use the NordicTrack that we have had for years....she's never really liked it. She loves the new treadmill.

New years eve I wasn't feeling so hot and didn't get to participate in the fun and games #3 planned out. Started feeling better about noon on the 1st.

Since September, I've been, kind of, looking for a "new" Caddy for us. #2 GS will be going to K-State next year, nd his car is really reliable enough to take, so we decided if we were going to 'help' him with a different car, we would do a "new" car for us and he can have our 'old' one. At leat we know what he will have. Anyway, I have been looking, thinking it will take a while to find something I can live with. I found one on CarGurus that was almost perfect...contacted them, the biggest issue was it was in Indianapolis, 12+ hours away. I'm being very particular...2014-2017 CTS cashmere interior, less than 30k miles, with all the appropriate options. The day after Christmas I ran my search again and a 2014 showed up in Oklahoma "282" miles away. with 13k on the clock...Long story short, as of Tuesday, we are the new owners of a nearly new 2014 Cadillac CTS. Not a perfect car, but a great starting point. Once home I spent about 10 hours perfecting the paint so I can put ceramic coating on it, once my kit gets here.

I've finished up several projects in the shop and have several that I need to start. I must admit, I checked here every day since the site went down hoping it was back up. Good to be back.
Posted on: 2021/1/10 22:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 10 JAN 21 THE RETURN OF THE GURU
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Congrats on the new car TB!
Posted on: 2021/1/11 4:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.