Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
183 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS 25 JANUARY 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

GOOD MORNING, Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2021/1/25 14:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

HEAT WAVE! 52 ON THE FRONT PORCH; ALSO TWO INCHES IN THE RAIN GAUGE AFTER A RATHER NOISY NIGHT. THEY SAY IT WILL CLEAR OFF SOON. THE CHEROKEES ARE IN FAVOR OF THAT.

THE OWLS ARE STILL NEST-BUILDING IN THE BARN, BUT THEY ARE GETTING MORE STUFF ON THE FLOOR THAN ON HIGH. DO I HAVE AMATEUR OWLS???

HOPE TO GET THE BUMBLEBEE BACK TODAY, HAVE BEEN SHIPPING PROBLEMS WITH THE PARTS. ALSO HAVE A BOOK ORDER DUE IN.

I'VE BEEN RE-READING WILLIAM MANCHESTER'S BIOGRAPHY OF CHURCHILL, SAD HE DID NOT LIVE TO COMPLETE IT.

WE SEEM TO BE RUNNING OUT OF JANUARY. WHAT A SHAME :-)
I AM QUITE READY FOR SPRING. WE COULD SKIP RIGHT INTO MAY WITH NO COMPLAINT FROM ME.
Posted on: 2021/1/25 14:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Trying to make future plans. Can't get a Covid shot appointment due to the low dose availability. Dentist appointments today and tomorrow. I'll have many coming up. Sue is having all her teeth yanked out Friday. She is getting upper and lower full implants. Not too bad. Only set us back just under 50k. I understand in Mexico or Colombia it's cheaper. Sue's cousin paid close to 76k for his. Sue is getting teeth made from cubic zirconia. That should be great for cutting fishing line with her teeth. I'm getting 2 extractions, a root canal, deep cleaning, a couple of crowns, and some fillings. Only $3300. Over 10k if I didn't have dental insurance. That pales in comparison to 50k but I'm keeping most of the teeth I have left. I'll be able to eat steak.

Jury duty first week of Feb. (sigh)
Posted on: 2021/1/25 16:25

vetteblondie Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I need to get one pulled. Would love to get implant if I could afford them . Last quote for other stuff I wanted done was $12k, hell that's a car! Geez. She'll definitely have some choppers to be proud of!
Warm-ish out today supposed to get up to about 70. Rained and blew around all night, kept me awake and then back up again at 6, I feel like crap not near enough sleep. I hate to nap, feels like I'm missing the day. Need to go to the gym and grocery store but might not leave the couch. Hope everyone has a happy Monday
Posted on: 2021/1/25 16:35

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

...big snow here.... work called off as well as school... more to come this afternoon....

Got down to see Ma for her 98th yesterday...she was surprised to see me and I had a nice cake for all the inmates and flowers and her favorite fast food, Arby's for her lunch.... we got to sit and talk and have lunch, she is despondent over the election and hates to see the country headed the way it is now going. She being part of the greatest generation and all they went through to preserve the Union I can feel her pain.... I hate to see it also...... I tried to cheer her up..... she has had a long life well lived. Masters Degree in education and taught deaf kids how to function in a hearing world, her and Dad served on the Mission field in Brazil back in the 50's and has always been active in her church.... of course her most sterling achievement was having me for a son...... ok maybe not the most...but top 5 I'm sure......... She was born in Nebraska but raised in Montana..... they grow them tough out there..... she is in good health and clear mind and I better start thinking about how we are going to celebrate her 100th....... maybe I can get Trump to swing by for that..... she does not suffer Democrats well...... Calls the Demoncrats......

time for my mid day nap...... already got the call in for the big snow blower that my buddy has....going to be a few feet of snow to remove.... have a finest day.....
Posted on: 2021/1/25 17:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Mid-thirties here. We are expecting six to eight inches of snow this afternoon. Great.

The wife also needs some dental work. I think a crown or something of that nature. Maybe two. All I know is the dental insurance doesn't cover all of it and it will be about $1,200 out of pocket. Not much you can do when you need medical care. Pony up.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/1/25 20:03

CorvetteBob Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Geez! The cost of dental work is crazy! I’ve got about $1500 in my implant, and I thought I was getting robbed!
I will say it’s cool to watch them being made. Mine was made right in front of me.

Otherwise, news from the Palatial double-wide was more plumbing this past weekend. I think we all feel about the same about it.
Had to re-seal the master throne to the floor. Can you feel the excitement?!
Next up was the place not heating properly. We have a boiler system, and it was running, but no heat.
It only cost about half an implant to get it fixed.
The adventure continues Gurus!
Posted on: 2021/1/25 22:03

teebee Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...Woke up to snow on the ground. Beings Rosie is gimped up I went out to scoop the snow from the drive. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow with more snow.

I went up to the courthouse and paid the taxes and tags for the new Caddy, as we received the title Saturday and I got the inspection done yesterday.

Then out to the shop to work on the vanity for my nephew. Built the doors and drawers. This afternoon I went out to look at another job. A remodel of a remodel I did (as it turns out) 17 years ago. I was actually thinking it was like 10-12. It's a move some cabinets here, build a new one for there...not too bad a job to do. Comes up in a couple months.

Rosie has bad teeth and our medicare Insurance for that doesn't cover much...yet....another 3 months before it covers much of anything... then I guess we'll see.

Posted on: 2021/1/26 1:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good evening gang.
Just checking in.
Thursday I had a deer not yield the right of way last week in the corvette. No one hurt. Looks like mostly cosmetic damage. No suspension damage that I could tell. Air bags did not deploy. Nothing hurt but my pride. Needless to say I was late for work. This week we are now waiting on the insurance company.

My lovely wife pointed out that it was a year ago this week that I totaled the Acadia.

Not much else happening here.
Tom hope Rosie is doing well.
It seems since you retired your more busy than when you were teaching.

As far as winter goes here I am not complaining. Been mild with mostly rain and very little snow. If it stays like this it will be fine with me.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AulmoskOfazhwC1QSG2KBF3TxVl-?e=BLLtkV
Posted on: 2021/1/26 2:07

captmike13@yahoo.com

teebee Re: 25 JANUARY 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Oh, man, I hope there's not too much damage, Mike.
Posted on: 2021/1/26 2:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.