Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Stingray
1969 through 1976 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Sting Ray, 1963 - 1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

We are expecting some snow later today. Not sure the exact amount but it's a 90% chance.

I did get the car washed because I couldn't stand the salt anymore. Also I wanted to get the undercarriage cleaned off. That was a primary goal.

Diet is going well. Decided to shave a few more calories off my daily intake to ramp it up a little. I'm not the sprightly young man I once was so it's a little harder these days.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/2/21 6:37

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT'S A CLOUDY 42 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH AND THE NWS IS MELTING, JUST NOT FAST ENOUGH TO SUIT ME. 47 IS THE PREDICTED HIGH WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN.

MATT, THE WAY I GOT MY WEIGHT UNDER CONTROL WAS TO EAT TWO MEALS A DAY W/ NO SNACKS: A GOOD HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST AND ONLY ONE PLATEFUL AT SUPPER. NO SNACKING IS THE HARDEST PART. ONCE I QUIT OUTGROWING MY CLOTHES I'VE BECOME LESS STRICT ABOUT IT. YOU HAVE TO EAT A LOT TO GET FAT. CALORIC INTAKE SEEMS TO BE THE KEY, NOT WHAT YOU EAT, BUT HOW MUCH.
WORKS FOR ME :-)

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, THE WONDER DOG IS SLEEPING OUTSIDE AGAIN AND OF THE FOUR TOO-EARLY BLUE BIRDS TWO ARE VERIFIED KIA, ONE BY CAT & ONE BY COLD.

DARLING WIFE IS PLANNING HER BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH A CAST OF THOUSANDS---IT'S HEAD BELOW THE PARAPET TIME AGAIN.
Posted on: 2021/2/21 13:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Morning gang!

Whew... been a busy week... and it ain't letting up... lots going on. Work... planning on doing another refi - rates are so damned low!!

Went to my first car show in a year yesterday. It was fun. I will post up some pics later on. I need to get them off my phone first.

I am a "member" of a lose association of car guys here in LA. We are called the Crazy 8's. It's not so much a club, as a group of friends who cruise together to events. In the last year, the defacto leader/founder had been doing Sunday morning cruises... well, thanks to Bastet's home bakery business, I couldn't go. We did deliveries at the same time. She has since closed the bakery and now my Sundays are free again!

Yesterday morning about a dozen cars cruised in together. The founder dude has a super clean 68 vette roadster, he led the cruise... in the line, we had a Pantera, 4 or 5 Corvettes, a 67 GTO, 64 Nova SS and 3 or 4 late model Mustangs. Trust me, this was NOT a quiet parade. A number of folks waved and two folks stopped and asked were we were heading! Not a bad little car show, eh?

It was fun to get out... at the event, I would give the crowd, that I observed, an A+ for COVID mitigation. Everyone was wearing a mask, save the singer in the band (he gets a pass). Everyone that I spoke to kept distance and everyone used elbow bumps. Collectively, it was impressive... and yes, it was PACKED. I think there was a lot of pent up desire to do something and a nice, sunny, breezy morning was the perfect solution.

I did leave early, I didn't intend to stay long, because my knee was getting tight and I didn't want to risk over exposure.

As for the show itself, very nice. Lots of super clean and super cool cars. I would guess well over 100 cars showed up. There are two lots, plus street side and a back lot. I don't know if the back lot was full, but everything else was! If interested, the location is called the Automobile Driving Museum, in El Segundo, CA. I used to docent there, but bought a house... Perhaps I should try again.
Posted on: 2021/2/21 15:53

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Gris, thanks for the tip. I've been heavy into fitness for 15 years including nutrition, strength training, bodybuilding, powerlifting, long distance running, etc. My only problem was eating too much. Easy to fix, eat less.

Andy, sounds like a nice time. Can't wait for some car shows this spring.
Posted on: 2021/2/21 16:10

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.... slept. In “til 9. Cloudy here this morning, 38 now but that’s about it, according to the weather gurus.

Nothing really on the agenda today. Got my haircut yesterday and went to church. #1 and family return this afternoon from a quick visit to GD#1 down in Arkansas (Fayetteville), we’ll run over to see them a little later.

Looking forward to a few car shows/cruises when the weather clears.
Posted on: 2021/2/21 17:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Gris, thanks for the tip. I've been heavy into fitness for 15 years including nutrition, strength training, bodybuilding, powerlifting, long distance running, etc. My only problem was eating too much. Easy to fix, eat less.

Pic of Matt

Attach file:

jpg  Matt M.jpg (25.18 KB)
852_6032b1877f143.jpg 306X450 px
Posted on: 2021/2/21 19:16

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

If my pants get to tight I lose weight till they fit. Good to hear from you Andy.
Posted on: 2021/2/21 19:18

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

....I have come up wid a diet that lets me eat what I want when I want..... I will let you know how it goes...

Went into Lincoln this morning in a mini blizzard and came home with blue sky's and dry roads.... just some errands to run and lunch at Chipotles....yum..... washed the truck early but it got messed up in the snow but still not as bad as it was..... they have put so much salt on the roads here that they are white when it dries off......

Nap time.....
Posted on: 2021/2/21 21:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Marcus, I feel your pain on the long term care issue. I'm allowed in as a "compassionate caregiver". Have made nice with the administrator as well so I can kinda keep tabs on things again. The money they charge for substandard care is horrific. Our place has some money, I've seen improvements and see way more staff than I used to.
We had some fun outside yesterday. I had my nursing home duty till 1, then came home, bundled up, grabbed the four wheeler and a giant river tube and went to the parkinglot at the ballfield just down from the house. It claims to hold 3 people, it's nearly 6' wide. Had fun there, then rode around, came home, then went to a friend's shop to sit by the wood stove , have a cold one and a bowl of chili. Good day all around. Andy's car show sounded like a real good day too. Most of them around here have been cancelled. The sun came out today and a bunch of this stuff melted off. Our street still isn't clear but it's way better. 45 was the high today, then 47 and sunny tomorrow. Looks like we're on an upswing and I can't wait till spring. Arron's gone down to the street corner to work he says lol. He took the snow shovel to clear off the corner to make it easier for us to get around . City hasn't done shit except to sell the only grader we had.

Attach file:

jpg  150876273_10224668943534806_4777334595646235982_n.jpg (90.15 KB)
619_6032df3620601.jpg 960X540 px
Posted on: 2021/2/21 22:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Andy, it sounds like you had a great time! I have a school chum that lives in NorCal id like to visit and hit some shows with. I can only imagine the cherry an/or wild and gorgeous rides I’d see out there.
I could stand to drop a few pounds myself, but I never remember my goals until I’ve finished the Snickers bar. Then it’s remorse and self loathing.
Have a great day and week everyone!
Posted on: 2021/2/21 22:38

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

...I'm raising a cold one right now to remorse and self loathing........ may you have no regrets.....
Posted on: 2021/2/22 0:55

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 02.21.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

MADE IT UP TO TULSA. #1 GRANDSON AND THE WARRIOR PRINCESS HAVE A NEW HOUSE AS WELL AS A NEW BABY. BOTH GOT THE GRANDPA SEAL OF APPROVAL. GREAT-GRANDSON SEEM TO BE A HAPPY BABY, EXCEPT WHEN HUNGRY. LOOKS A LOT LIKE WINSTON CHURCHILL :-)

Attach file:

jpg  TIT.jpg (22.25 KB)
12496_603312d5eaa88.jpg 465X403 px
Posted on: 2021/2/22 2:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.