Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 22 FEB 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2021/2/22 13:43

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 22 FEB 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLEAR, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, FRONT PORCH TEMP 27. PREDICTED HIGH OF 59, THE CHEROKEES CAN LIVE WITH THAT.

IT'S MELTED AND DRIED ENOUGH TO SWITCH CARS TODAY AND I NEED TO LOOK FOR A BD GIFT FOR DARLING WIFE.

#1 SIL AND THE GRANDDAUGHTERS 3 & 4 CAME BY WHILE WE WERE AT TULSA YESTERDAY. THE PIPES FROZE IN THEIR HOUSE, BUT THAWED OK. A CUSTOM BUILT HOUSE WITH SOME CUT RATE CONSTRUCTION THAT HAS BEEN REVELED OVER TIME. THE GIRLS ARE JR HI AGE, THAT MOST OBNOXIOUS STAGE OF FEMALE DEVELOPMENT. THEY WERE FASCINATED WITH THEIR NEPHEW.

LIFE IS GOOD.
Posted on: 2021/2/22 14:00

j3studio Re: 22 FEB 21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

It's snowing right now in the Philadelphia area, but we're not supposed to get that much and it is supposed to warm up. We'll see.

Gris, we see some of the same things with our house as with your relative's. It was semi-custom (though it doesn't look it) and I always say it was built by gypsy felons. We have the original plans, and they ignored them in major ways. Still, we've managed to make it a home—after over 20 years, it's highy optimized for our lives.

Lots to do today—tomorrow my dentist tries to fix my horrible english teeth, which will likely render me non-functional.

Posted on: 2021/2/22 15:28

vetteblondie Re: 22 FEB 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning. Bright and sunny here, warm spot in front of my window I like to sit with my coffee. Will be a very drippy day with all the snow melting. I should be able to get down the street in my car tomorrow. Have it on the battery tender now. went to be with the notion of getting all sorts of shit done today and have managed not to get anything done. woke up about 3 hours too early so all I wanna do is sleep. whole house needs deep cleaned, plants need trimmed, garage needs cleaned out, pool house needs cleaned out, dog needs a bath, just too much and my mind says eff it and I go sit back down. Need to visit the grocery store also but dont see that happening either.
I can relate on the lackluster home construction. Ours was built crappy which is still revealing itself, and then the interior remodel left some things to be desired. It looks nice at a distance but 5 years and we're still fixing crap. Huge regrets here but what's done is done, deal with it and move to the next issue. Part of my problem is he is too busy, works too many side jobs and then shit here dont get done. Stuff I can't do. If I try to hire it done he gets upset "I can do that myself" then never does it. I on the other hand, want it all done at once and us be finished. Period.
Men vs women
Posted on: 2021/2/22 16:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 22 FEB 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
If I try to hire it done he gets upset "I can do that myself" then never does it. I on the other hand, want it all done at once and us be finished.

"I SAID I'D DO IT; YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING ME EVERY SIX MONTHS"

"GYPSY FELONS" GREAT TAG!

WE LOOKED AT A HOUSE ON LAKE EUFALA YEARS AGO. THE LOCATION WAS GREAT, ON A PENINSULA WITH CORPS OF ENGINEER LAND ON THREE SIDES. GOOD FLOOR PLAN. LOOKED OK FROM THE OUTSIDE. INSIDE MATERIALS WERE OF GOOD QUALITY. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE THING INSIDE LEVEL OR PLUMB! REMINDED ME OF A CARNIVAL FUN HOUSE.
THE CARPENTERS HAD TO BE DRUNK. THE WHOLE INTERIOR WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE GUTTED AND REBUILT.

OR NOT: IF YOU STAYED DRUNK YOURSELF, EVERY WAKING HOUR, YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE :-)
Posted on: 2021/2/22 18:45

vetteblondie Re: 22 FEB 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Gris my apartment was like that. It was a very old house and the man that renovated did such a good job it took me a few years to notice things. He made it square. One side of the trim on my bedroom door was real skinny at the bottom, next to an original built in shelf. Just happened to notice it one day then looked around. He used his tricks to hide the unsquareness.
Posted on: 2021/2/22 22:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 22 FEB 21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

We did end up getting a little bit of snow on Sunday night which turned into slush and frozen roads.

Luckily today it was sunny and in the upper 30s. It was actually quite enjoyable and nature did a good job of cleaning up after itself.

Tommy, thanks for reminding me about our trip. Unfortunately you forgot to post the picture of yourself on the beach so I did that below.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  Tommy on the beach.jpg (14.72 KB)
994_60343d73e5e85.jpg 248X350 px
Posted on: 2021/2/22 23:25

j3studio Re: 22 FEB 21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Gris my apartment was like that. It was a very old house and the man that renovated did such a good job it took me a few years to notice things. He made it square. One side of the trim on my bedroom door was real skinny at the bottom, next to an original built in shelf. Just happened to notice it one day then looked around. He used his tricks to hide the unsquareness.

I've seen that a few times in some of the oldest houses in our area. Some of the work is old enough that I believe it was done in the 1800s. There's always been a market for skilled renovators.

Posted on: 2021/2/22 23:48

Ultraman Re: 22 FEB 21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

.....yeah well...have you seen the movie The Money Pit? that was originally about us and our old worn out farm house we thought we got such a hot deal on..... only took 30 years and untold thousands of dollars to fix it.... Teeb has done his share of making it nice for us with his custom cabinetry.... I find its a never ending cycle as we are not replacing things that were new 30 years ago....... I have had to ban HGTV channel in the house because it gives us ideas....

other than that its been a great home to us and ours.... no frozen pipes.....

moving towards the big chair now....... I think some Gentleman Jack may sooth the stresses of the day.....
Posted on: 2021/2/23 1:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 22 FEB 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My home and interior are classic 70's and 80's with many antiques dating back to the earlier 20th century. We love it that way. Who wants to have anything to do with anything after 1999. Cept maybe for some of the electronic gadgetry. (and my recliners).

Matt, I was thinking of using that pic but I thought it too recognizable. lol
Posted on: 2021/2/23 3:08

TommyT-Bone Re: 22 FEB 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Just so you know, 10 years ago this summer I moved into this house. 12 years ago from December 31st 2020 I retired from the P.O. Time waits for no one. Hope I can make it through another 10 or 12.
Posted on: 2021/2/23 3:16

teebee Re: 22 FEB 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey folks, home from KC. It was pretty nice when we left, low 30s and the temps just kept climbing as we headed west and south. Was 67 when we got home. I washed the crap off the pickup it was so nice.

I must admit, I'm pleased with my house and the builder...even after 35 years. Of course I know exactly what is in this place....every nail, board, screw, wire and piece of material in it. I never worry about freezing pipes. when I built the house (as the last carpentry house built by the school, I was the teacher) people told me I was 'overbuilding it". Yup, I think I did...just as I planned. I have more insulation in my walls than most people have in their ceilings...and enough insulation in the ceiling to be safe in the northern climates of the USA. Not saying that there weren't some corners cut as we built....due to the construction loan, but we never cut those corners on the STRUCTURE, only on the finishes, which over the years we have changed most of them out to the way we wanted to do in the first place.
Posted on: 2021/2/23 3:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.