Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  St Louis
St Louis, MO, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant from 1954-1981.

Since 1981, Corvettes have been assembled in Bowling Green, KY.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Well after reading of the construction horrors in yesterday’s posts, I don’t feel quite as bad. In our platt, the builder was sued by the original owners for cutting too many corners. 15 years ago we did a big remodel and it was a nightmare.
We had a project manager that left the state without any notification to his employer, friends, etc.
after a couple weeks I called to find out why we hadn’t seen any workers, they started giving excuses, but had to eventually admit what they knew about the guy that left.
The next thing was tradesmen showing up not knowing what they were there t9 do. I missed a great amount of work because of them and their irresponsible actions.
To this day, i still believe the only reason they work in home improvement is because they’re not responsible enough to work in a car wash.

Well, that’s my ranting for the day. I hope you all have a great day.
Posted on: 2021/2/23 8:22

teebee Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Mornng guys...up early, as one our Lenten things is going to church in the morning. So we are off pretty soon.

It's a chilly start, 24 now, but headed toward the low 70s with some light winds.

Lumber truck coming this afternoon and ball games late this afternoon/evening. so kind of busy this afternoon.
Posted on: 2021/2/23 13:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Off to work shortly. Shower, then hit the road!

Got lots of small fires to put out...

It was 80 yesterday, today, back to 70 or so... we might get rain next week, but no promises.

Back to breakfast!!
Posted on: 2021/2/23 14:02

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

GRIS Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 35 ON THE FRONT PORCH, SUPPOSED TO WARM UP NICELY. YESTERDAY WAS VERY PLEASANT.

GOT SOMETHING FOR DARLING WIFE YESTERDAY BUT FORGOT ABOUT
#1 GRANDDAUGHTER---THE MEMORY IS THE SECOND THING TO GO---
I'LL GO BACK TODAY AND LOOK AGAIN. DW GOING TO THE DENTIST TODAY, FINALLY CATCHING UP ON STUFF PUT OFF DUE TO KUNG FLU.

OUR HOUSE WAS BUILT IN THE 50'S AND THE ORIGINAL PART PRETTY SOUND. SUBSEQUENT ADD-ONS ARE NOT SO WELL DONE. THE BIG PROBLEM IS NOT SO MUCH CONSTRUCTION AS LOCATION: ON AN UNSTABLE HILLSIDE OF CLAY AND ROCKS. WE HAVE DOORS WITH DIFFERENT SEASONABLE OPERATION, AND SHEETROCK SEAMS THAT OPEN. ANNOYING.

ENJOY TUESDAY, AMIGOS!
Posted on: 2021/2/23 14:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Morning - cool when I got out today but up to 60 due for later. Would give bout anything to be home. Matter of fact might just ask the afternoon off and come back friday morning. That way I could go to the gym then go home and sit in the sun. Did that yesterday for a while during cleaning breaks.
We officially nicknamed our house money pit about a year after we moved in. all sorts of stuff began to reveal themselves. Stuff that all passed inspection, however sneakily concealed. All the crown trim needs fixed, two joins in the bedroom need tore plumb out and redone, as they weren't done right to start with and keep separating. The back patio cover was not properly installed to start with and I noticed water running down the back of the house one day and a spot in center dripping on my table out there. In the house in the same location I noticed issued with the flooring so water was traveling along the slab from walls. After this huge snow and it melting all at once, here's more water and now the flooring in hallway that backs up to it is totally ruined. Looks horrible. What pisses me off is I told Arron back then there was an issue and he blew me off. Now look. Yes, I blame him. This could've been fixed already. He's too worried about other people's shit to take care of his own. Had a leak in pool house I mentioned over a year ago, he finally thought it was urgent when the side of my cabinet out there got ruined and now that needs replaced and fixed also and no way in the world I could ever match the finish. Need a new kitchen sink, mine busted, concrete work out around pool needs addressed and refinished, garage needs a makeover, new flooring and paint, etc. and his shop looks like a hoarder's house and he wonders why he sees a mouse now and then. It all has me in a depressy mood enough that I want my name off it and go move back into my quaint little apartment. Or just off on a island that's not part of the United States.
Posted on: 2021/2/23 15:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hi!
Posted on: 2021/2/23 16:51

Matatk Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

45* here today and sunny. No complaints there, but I wouldn't pass up 70*.

We are pretty lucky with our house for the most part. Found a few little things here and there over the years but it's structurally sound.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/2/23 20:30

Ultraman Re: 2-23-2021 It’s a Tuesday
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

out early and in late....... come on spring....want to get the toys out and about..... night night....
Posted on: 2021/2/24 4:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.