Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Collector Edition
RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 04.08.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GOOD MORNING !!!
Posted on: 2021/4/8 13:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 04.08.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

It's another beautiful morning in South Florida. The morning temps have been ideal. The afternoons are warm to hot. It would be great if I could get up and hit the floor running but the I enjoy sleeping till I'm not. Then I'm a slow riser. Coffee, feed the pets, take a good, hardy few minutes to myself, computer check in, then shower, add Bengay, get dressed, spray on my Coppertone 30 Sport. Add wallet, keys, phone and glasses and I'm ready for what comes next. Up at 08:00. Ready at 10:00. Have a great day gurus, whatever your endeavours might be.
Posted on: 2021/4/8 13:10

GRIS Re: 04.08.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7584 Posts

SUNSHINE HAS RETURNED TO THE NATIONS; THE CHEROKEES ARE SMILING AGAIN. A BREEZY 50 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH, 73 THE PREDICTED HIGH.

ANOTHER PT SESSION FOR DARLING WIFE TODAY AND I'VE GOT TO GET MY STUFF PACKED UP FOR THE TULSA GUNSHOW.

INTERESTING BIRDSEED CONSUMPTION:
FEEDER AT FRONT OF THE HOUSE EMPTY IN HALF A DAY---FEEDER AT BACK HALF EMPTY AT END OF DAY.

THERE IS A RAPTOR HANGING AROUND IN THE WOODS IN BACK, EITHER A SHARPIE OR A MERLIN.

THERE USED TO BE A PAIR OF SHARP-SHINS THAT HUNG AROUND TILL BOTH KAMIKAZED ON THE WINDOWS IN THE SUNROOM. I'M SURPRISED IT TOOK SO LONG FOR THAT PREDATOR SLOT TO BE FILLED.
Posted on: 2021/4/8 13:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 04.08.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning - yes Gris we got hammered a couple of times last night More rain that I'd care to see at once. It's still standing in the yard, hail in some places, high wind damage in others. We're fine. Had one plan turned over, all is well - pool level is a bit higher after.
Slow day at work today I'm guessing, everything I was working on, I'm done with. We now have $3,600 worth of lumber and shinges in our shop as of 7am - of course with teh prices skyrocketing, that doesn't add up to much, really. The back patio roof will be torn off and redone right , then we move on to the flooring in the house. Cant fix that until we fix the issues from the ice damming causing the leak. Fun
Posted on: 2021/4/8 14:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 04.08.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Yesterday was beautiful weather. 80° and sunny. Today is rain and clouds. Temperature isn't too bad though.

We got new blinds for both of the kids' rooms. Of course the brackets are different so when I took them off I had to repaint the window frame in RR#2's room. Once that dries I can hang the new one.

The wife and kids went to Wisconsin yesterday to visit the Dells for an overnight trip. She sent a lot of pictures and it seems like they're having fun. They will be back this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/4/8 16:30

Matatk Re: 04.08.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

It's always interesting to look back on things like that. Good to see we still have the same core group. It was nice seeing a post from both Bill and Brad. I still miss having them around.
Posted on: 2021/4/8 16:30

TommyT-Bone Re: 04.08.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Picked up the 83 911 from the shop yesterday. Ignition lock assembly and ignition switch. New parts were over $1500. Went with (recycled) parts. $681 for them. The 911 provided a spirited ride home. Cost me $900 to get the old girl in running condition again. That was with my loyalty discount.
Posted on: 2021/4/8 16:31

vetteblondie Re: 04.08.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

welp - the discussion of lumber prices increasing is no joke the rest of ours was just delivered. one sheet of osb was $34. I have 28, plus shingles, boards etc to redo the patio cover roof. $3560.80. wtf
Posted on: 2021/4/8 18:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 04.08.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, was up earlier than usual, but had an appointment to have the radio in the Corvette fixed....XM antennae was chafed and grounding out causing it not to work. Had Rosie follow me over and we did our grocery shopping for the week.

After the nasty day yesterday, we have ourselves quite a turn around mid 70s and light breezes.

Letty, that's still cheaper than OSB prices around here...pushing $40/sheet. Looking at re-shingling the storage garage. Luckily it's 'only' 5 square. I think I can buy the materials needed for under $600. I already have a box of nails for my shingling gun and one roll of tar paper.

Yea, that look back was interesting. I miss Brad and Bill too.
Posted on: 2021/4/9 0:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 04.08.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Holy moly..... I remember that old post...with Bill cutting tile... I was bitching about taxes and I still am....changed accountants twice and they still can't get it right.... wtf...

My old Yorkie wandered off the deck today and all the gates were closed so we don't know how he got out.... been out looking for him.... he's blind in one eye and can't see out of the other....deaf also...... been hanging around for a long time with us.....hope he turns up. Call animal control tomorrow...... he never strays far....

finally a rain day and I can take a break.... been working some insane hours but this will slow it down. I have been running the liquid fertilizer plant making all kinda of different liquid fert mixes that are loaded into big tankers and delivered to farms. I sit in the blend shack with computers and light boards with switches to click on and off..... really it's damn cool...... yeah I know... i'm into weird stuff........... more later Guru's....
Posted on: 2021/4/9 1:49

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

CorvetteBob Re: 04.08.21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I’m glad folks are having a decent day. Or should I say HAD a decent day?
U-man, I sure hope you find your little buddy. I hate hearing of pets wandering off like that.
I also thought it was nice reading the old posts.
I remember Bill and a little bit from Brad.
Like most people, I don’t like losing acquaintances that way.
Have a good night all.
Btw, I’m being forced to go to the overnight shift starting Sunday. My entries will probably be late night for a while.
Posted on: 2021/4/9 4:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.