Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Y’know, I think I’ll let someone else start things off today...🧐
Posted on: 2021/4/30 4:34

GRIS Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE SOGGY NATIONS THIS MORNING, A COLDISH 49 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH. THE CHEROKEES REJOICE IN THE SUNSHINE; 79 IS THE PREDICTED HIGH.

DARLING WIFE HAS ANOTHER PT SESSION THIS MORNING, AND THIS AFTERNOON I'LL GO TO TULSA AND SET UP FOR THE GUNSHOW THIS WEEKEND.

ALWAYS FORWARD---
Posted on: 2021/4/30 12:43

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteblondie Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Sun is out here to finally! It peeked out yesterday afternoon late, beautiful sunset and calm evening. Pretty today on the drive to work, and keeping fingers crossed for a slow day. This lady with the tiny job on this trailer is driving me nuts, 64 emails and counting. Pretty well used up her budget if you ask me just on my time with all that, nevermind vinyl, ink and labor.
Court has once again been moved back for the other lady on the airstream thing. She's calling owner now wanting to settle up. We'll see what turns out. He'd just as soon have the $40 a day for the time the thing has sat there. That's our counter suit anyway.
Hope ya'll have a good day
Posted on: 2021/4/30 14:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....City shut power off last night at 10pm to do some maintenance to the system, so not much else to do but go to bed. Haven't been to bed that early in a long time. Funny thing, I slept until 7:30, when #2 called and woke us up.

Big day here, rehearsal, and then dinner here. #3 and family coming in today, 2 of #1s kids coming as well. I've got some primping to do around here so "it looks nice" for the dinner.

I priced new tires for 007 yesterday. Michelin AS4 ZP and non RF Continental DWS06.....still torn between RF and non RF.....leaning toward the non. Still have lots of tread on the Firestones, but they are 11 years old. No weather-checking and look like new yet. One of the folks at the tire shop said they would go ahead and run them, but I'm leery about the age. I would hate to be on a trip and have one blow...at that point, I'm forced to buy whatever is available, possibly very limited choices. I guess that can happen with new tires too. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Keep driving the Firestones? Ditch the Firestones and go RFs? Ditch the Firestones and go non-RFs?

Posted on: 2021/4/30 14:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Warm and sunny here. Had some rain yesterday but should be clear today. Doing little chores around the house, need to get the grass cut.

TB, sorry but no way I'd run those tires. Tires on the C4 were stored inside, no cracking, good tread - replaced them at 8 years. That's about the max on tires. Same with the Trans Am when I picked it up. Tires looked great but were 10 years old. Replaced the next day. As far as run flat or not I guess that's personal preference. I've never had run flat tires. I've heard the ride is a little stiffer but no personal experience.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/4/30 15:00

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Go with your gut, tee. 11 y/o tires are like rolling the dice. Are you a gambler?

Sue had a couple of day workers walk off the job after half a day yesterday. Said it was too hot. Pay us. She gave them a half days pay and off they went. They were an hour and 15 minute drive north of Homestead. Who knows how they got home.

One of Sue's cousins who was due in for a visit next weekend died from apparent heart attack. He was in his mid 60's. Took the dog for a walk. Came home, sat in his chair and out he went. His wife called for him and got no response. Found him in his chair with no pulse. EMT revival efforts were to no avail. For some, one minute you're here, the next you're not.

I'm busy as always. Phone rings and I say WTF. Turns out to be a telemarketer that I don't answer the phone for anyway. Of course Sue has squeezed in 3 calls to me already this morning plus left me a note on the counter. It's hard to get to MY list.
Posted on: 2021/4/30 15:34

Matatk Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Sorry to hear about Sue's cousin. But to be fair that is the way to go. I've seen too many people suffer through pain and misery. When it's my time just flip the switch and let me go.
Posted on: 2021/4/30 19:00

vetteblondie Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Very sorry to hear of Sue's cousin also, prayers sent.
Been a slow day here, thankfully. Pending jobs are approved and sent for production, a boat coming Monday I have a jump on already so that will help.
On the tires, I'd edge toward replacements. They may look good now but may not hold up on a road trip and come apart. I wouldn't trust them. There's things you can do so they wont' go to waste. A vette clubber took his rear two, stacked, attached, fitted bottom with board with casters to bottom, painted black, installed a light, put an old vette steering wheel or something in bottom and set glass on top. Now we all want one. In another location I saw where they'd cut one tire crosswise, added a cleat to back painted black and half moon black wood on top with routered edge for two wall shelves. I just so happen to have three tires in my garage.
Posted on: 2021/4/30 21:47

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Well, you’ve all been busy since I hit the hay this morning.

Tommy, I agree with everyone else, that’s the way to go.
Flip the switch. I think we’ve all known of someone who suffered too long. I don’t wish it on anyone.

As for tires, I’d go with my gut as well. If I didn’t carry a spare in mine, I’d have gone run-flats. Just that little bit of extra distance might make a difference.

And Letty! Where do you find these customers? I could have gone to 1st shift, or stayed on a straight 3rd, but I requested and am working 8pm-4:30am just to stay away from some people. Iv concluded that I just get way too invested in my work and it causes my inability to play nice with others. This schedule absolutely sucks rocks, but work is nearly stress free right now. Besides, I’ve got some plans to help with the situation. We’ll see how it turns out.
Have a great weekend Gurus!
Posted on: 2021/5/1 3:10

teebee Re: FRIDAY!!! 4-30-21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I ended up ordering a set of Michelin AS 3+ ZP tires. Rosie was pushing for the RFs so that decision came into play as well. $1245 delivered to the house...then another $100 to have them mounted and balanced. The ride, I assume will suffer a little, but the peace of mind outweighs that slight difference. Rosie put it best when she said "It's a Corvette, not the Cadillac".
Posted on: 2021/5/1 3:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.