Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT5
Engine used in the ZR1, 1990-1995, manual only....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 6 MAY 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2021/5/6 12:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 6 MAY 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLEAR AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, THE LAST PRETTY DAY FOR A WHILE, SO THE WEATHER WIZARDS SAY.

GOT TWO OF THE TOYCARS SERVICED YESTERDAY, PLUS RUNNING ALL DARLING WIFE'S ERRANDS. I'LL SURE BE GLAD WHEN SHE CAN DRIVE AGAIN.

SO TODAY I'LL GET THE BUMBLEBEE SERVICED AND COMPLETE THE AUTO ROTATION SO HARVEY CAN SIT IN THE GARAGE ALL WEEK WHILE IT RAINS :-(

EVERY TIME I DRIVE HARVEY I'M REMINDED OF WHY I FELL IN LOVE WITH C4'S, MUCH MORE OF A SPORTS CAR FEEL.

ANY WORD ON JOHN? HOPE HE IS RECOVERING WELL.
Posted on: 2021/5/6 12:44

teebee Re: 6 MAY 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... Nothing but meetings yesterday afternoon/evening. I volunteered to serve as Grand knight another year...usually it's just a 2 year term, but last year wasn't a real year with all the C19 sh!t. This year wasn't a lot different, so....

It's a pretty day for the start. Looking for highs in the low to mid 70s today.

Have a great day folks.
Posted on: 2021/5/6 15:16

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 6 MAY 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The last physical altercation I was in I smashed a guy in the fist with my lips. I let the guy who bought a car from me use my tag to drive it home. He didn't return the tag. I saw the car on the road at a stop light and with a screwdriver in hand I popped off the tag. The girl driving was stunned. I came across the guy at a bar and told him what I thought of him. His fist was his reply. They threw me out of the bar but let me back in after awhile. That kind of pissed off the the guy who popped me and he soon left. Another time I confronted a guy that ripped me off. He held a knife to my throat so I figured I'd better back down. Lastly, I helped a couple find a place to live with a landlord that I knew. The couple stopped paying rent after a few months. So for the elderly landlady, I stopped by to inquire about the non payment. I was met at the door with a shotgun. Turns out this couple were a Bonnie and Clyde type. They stole their friends car, robbed businesses in Homestead and Key West and then went on the run. That was all many moons ago. The last couple of decades have been for the most part less eventful.

I thought I would never make it to twenty. Was surprised when I made it to thirty. At forty I thought I have a chance to make it to fifty. At fifty I said there's an opportunity to make it to sixty. The sixties to date have been smooth sailing. Seventy is the next benchmark. We'll see how it goes. I have felt for years now the way you get to old age is one day at a time. They all add up.
Posted on: 2021/5/6 17:56

vetteblondie Re: 6 MAY 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I prefer peace also - either "peace" or I'll get a "piece" of your behind. Too old to put up with the bs.
Last one I was in was in a bar in a redneck town near here. I was married to a cop, we were out for the evening, this ghetto thug chick comes up to me yelling i'm in her seat at the bar just as i'd sat down. NO one around me for several seats. I had enough of her mouth and replied with my own. Turns out her mom was barkeep. She broke my glasses, I pulled out all her weave and drug her outside. I got pepper sprayed, my old man, the cop sprayed back so who knows who got hit with what. He was friends with sheriff who was up for re election. We were invited to his party very soon after and told him of the event, when we saw that the weaveless homie was our waitress that night as I'd refused to let her wait on me. Sherriff asked why so I told him. She got fired and I guess her mom did too at the bar. Eff em.
Feeling a little better today although throat feels like it's been razor bladed. Doc gave me anti biotic just for giggles and said all bloodwork and such came back just fine. Hayfever I guess or allergy something or another. ust what I need when I'm bout to be on vaca - feeling miserable.
Winding down at the office today, so far this week I've put in a fleet consisting of box truck, pickup, three maximas, and two nissan vans, then a dodge 3500 quad with utility bed, a trailer, another trailer, a transit connect (2), a boat, and seems there's one or two I forgot. Been a busy week to day the least. Boss should still be behind when I get back.
Ya'll have a good day
Posted on: 2021/5/6 18:12

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 6 MAY 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WELL, MY WELL PLANNED, SEQUENCED DAY WAS SHOT IN THE ASS BY DW'S PT APPOINTMENT WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. HALF HOUR TO TAHLEQUAH, HOUR PT, HALF HOUR HOME. EXPLETIVE DELETED!

GOT ALMOST EVERYTHING DONE ANYWAY, BUT IT WAS A SCRAMBLE RATHER THAN THE ORDERLY PROGRESSION I HAD IN MIND.

DARLING WIFE IS PLANNING A BIG MOTHER'S DAY GET TOGETHER TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE JAP RESTAURANT IN MUSKOGEE, CAST OF THOUSANDS, JAPANESE KNIFE FLIPPING, COOKING AT THE TABLE, AND SUCH. I CAN HARDLY WAIT :-|

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I thought I would never make it to twenty.

PREMONITIONS:
I HAD A BAD FEELING ABOUT MY SECOND TOUR IN 'NAM, THOUGHT MY NUMBER WAS COMING UP. NOTHING EVEN CLOSE. SO MUCH FOR PREMONITIONS :-)
Posted on: 2021/5/6 21:09

TommyT-Bone Re: 6 MAY 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
WELL, MY WELL PLANNED, SEQUENCED DAY WAS SHOT IN THE ASS BY DW'S PT APPOINTMENT WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. HALF HOUR TO TAHLEQUAH, HOUR PT, HALF HOUR HOME. EXPLETIVE DELETED!

GOT ALMOST EVERYTHING DONE ANYWAY, BUT IT WAS A SCRAMBLE RATHER THAN THE ORDERLY PROGRESSION I HAD IN MIND.

This sounds oddly familiar.
Posted on: 2021/5/7 2:56

Ultraman Re: 6 MAY 21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Hola ... yeah what about big john.....back surgery was it not? Hope he is recovering well..... first couple of days are touch and go....then you start to feel better.... I know I did...

No fights today at work..... coffee shop talk is rampant though I hear.... catch you all on the flip flop...
Posted on: 2021/5/7 2:56

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.