Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY THE 11TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2021/5/11 12:54

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND COLDISH IN THEN NATIONS ONCE AGAIN, 80% CHANCE OF RAIN SAY THE WEATHER WIZARDS. THE CHEROKEES LONG FOR SUNSHINE.

THE SUPREME COURT, IN ONE OF THEIR MORE IDIOTIC DECISIONS, HAS DECLARED OKLAHOMA LAW DOES NOT APPLY TO INDIANS IN RESERVATIONS THAT HAVE NOT EXISTED FOR A HUNDRED YEARS. A TOTAL RETROACTIVE FEDERAL TAKEOVER. WHAT A CLUSTERFK! A BOON FOR CRIMINALS AND BONANZA FOR LAWYERS.

CONTRARY TO EXPECTATIONS, IT DIDN'T RAIN YESTERDAY AND I GOT EVERYTHING DONE :-0

GOT AN AIRBAG RECALL NOTICE ON THE PICKUP, I'LL GO BY TODAY AND SEE WHAT THAT AMOUNTS TO.

HEY MATT, YOU GOT THESE?

Attach file:

jpg  ASD.jpg (23.06 KB)
12496_609a83ad56608.jpg 405X387 px
Posted on: 2021/5/11 13:12

j3studio Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

I returned home yesterday after a total of almost exactly three weeks in the hospital and in rehab. I'm walking unassisted, but rather slowly.

Because of the kind of surgery it was, I must follow the three BLT strictures; no Bendling of the back, Lifting more than five pounds, or Twisting of the back. This turns out to be quite limiting—but we adapt, both with tools and with changed motion.

A note that the update I sent shortly after surgery was me (not Ivelis)—but me in a fog of painkillers. At this point, I'm managing the pain with Tylenol, so I'm likely more reliable and coherent.

Posted on: 2021/5/11 13:51

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery, John. Sounds like quite a medical ordeal. Hope the sacrifice is rewarded down the road with a great reduction in pain and a gradual increase in mobility.

Sue's mom accused Sue of kidnapping her brother so the entire crew moved last night up to Sue's mom's house. They will be comfortable there as there is a pool for them to lounger around if they so choose. Sue's uncle is in his 90's and Sue's aunt and mom are in their late 80's. Sue's mom has been struggling but without the massive surgery last year she would have been gone. She is not real happy with having lost her moblity and her memory is slipping. Sue is pretty much a hard ass and keeps on her mom to get up and walk. Try walking down the street with the rolling walker. All I know is as I get older and start to slow I'm in for a world of "Get up off your ass.". Honey can I have a bowl of soup? Sure, get up and make it. Tommy, the weeds are getting out of control.
Posted on: 2021/5/11 14:17

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery, John. Sounds like quite a medical ordeal. Hope the sacrifice is rewarded down the road with a great reduction in pain and a gradual increase in mobility.

Thank you, Tom—ordeal is a good word.

The pain is already reduced so much compared to immediately before the operation that I can't even use the same scale (the worse pain levels now would be small fractions). I and my instructers have every confidence that the mobility will continue to increase. If anything, I'm slightly ahead of schedule. But, I don't want to do anything stupid.

Posted on: 2021/5/11 14:39

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My elementary school class started a facebook page. Here is my class in 63/64. lol 3rd grade.

Attach file:

jpg  1963-64.jpg (89.58 KB)
852_609a9797cd150.jpg 716X540 px
Posted on: 2021/5/11 14:41

GRIS Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Good morning, all.

I returned home yesterday after a total of almost exactly three weeks in the hospital and in rehab. I'm walking unassisted, but rather slowly.

Because of the kind of surgery it was, I must follow the three BLT strictures; no Bendling of the back, Lifting more than five pounds, or Twisting of the back. This turns out to be quite limiting—but we adapt, both with tools and with changed motion.

A note that the update I sent shortly after surgery was me (not Ivelis)—but me in a fog of painkillers. At this point, I'm managing the pain with Tylenol, so I'm likely more reliable and coherent.

GLAD YOU'RE BACK WITH US!
SLOW AND STEADY DOES IT JOHN, NO GYMNASTICS OR GETTING IN/OUT OF C4'S :-)
Posted on: 2021/5/11 17:38

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

GLAD YOU'RE BACK WITH US! SLOW AND STEADY DOES IT JOHN, NO GYMNASTICS OR GETTING IN/OUT OF C4'S :-)

Posted on: 2021/5/11 18:42

CorvetteBob Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Glad to know you’re on the mend John. The BLT system is a good one. I’d forgotten about it, but once I read your post it kind of came back to me.
I had my back surgery in ‘96. So far, so good.

Hard to believe our windshields are getting mornings frost in the middle of May. And oddly enough, I’m pretty sure the morning frost is actually feeding the grass. .
I hope you all have a great day!
Posted on: 2021/5/11 21:53

teebee Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, was Letty and I the only ones who were getting errors from the server? We couldn't get on for days. But I see there was activity all those days. I don't know.....

Been busy here. Cabinet materials finally came in today. And I was able to pick up a few odds and ends jobs to fill the time before they did.

John, glad to hear you are making good progress, don't push too hard. Bob, it's been pretty chilly here too. Tommy, cute picture.

Well, it's late and I need to shower yet.
Posted on: 2021/5/12 2:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: TUESDAY THE 11TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Ok, went back and read the days I missed. Still not sure why I couldn't get on until I got the link from Andy from the facebook page.....
Posted on: 2021/5/12 2:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.