Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
203 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Stingray
1969 through 1976 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Sting Ray, 1963 - 1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 05+21+21 Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Can you add that without a calculator? Of course you can you old goat.
Posted on: 2021/5/21 11:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 05+21+21 Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Is progress really progress? So much has changed since the 60's but is life better? The microwave became a great food warmer. Communication (if you want to call it that) has broken so many barriers that it has now become a barrier to communuication. "Put down the damned phone." Sex is so wide open that the only thing you can't f@(% legally are minors and creatures. Machines became throw away items. What were once repaired are now disposed of and repurchased as a cheaper alternative. One item I will not complain about is air conditioning. Never had it till I was in my twenties. Once I got taste my thirst for A/C became an annual ritual. There is no way I would live in South Florida without air conditioning. Alternatively, in winter when the temperatures dip, I like a warm cozy house with a warm cozy bed. Refrigerators and freezers have improved and are necessary. I don't need them to do my grocery shopping though. Alexa .... Go to sleep. Ahh .... The older I get the more I seem to sound like Andy Rooney.

Attach file:

jpg  Andy Rooney.jpg (174.90 KB)
852_60a79e69e2651.jpg 1920X1080 px
Posted on: 2021/5/21 11:48

TommyT-Bone Re: 05+21+21 Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Lost a friend of mine this week. Raymond. He beat prostate cancer several years ago with a radioactive seed implanted into his prostate. Aparrently he was hit while riding in his Jeep, was ejected, and died as result of his injuries. Ray was in his early 70's. A fun loving, humorous story teller that liked to laugh. Certainly a bright spot when we shared a visit. One by one the old timers are gone. I'll miss him.
Posted on: 2021/5/21 12:54

GRIS Re: 05+21+21 Chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7629 Posts

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT RAYMOND, TOMMY.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE MOVING TO THE NEO-LUDDITE OPINION :-)

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, NOT RAINING AT THE MOMENT BUT IT HAS BEEN RECENTLY. THE WEBS BETWEEN MY TOES ARE STARTING TO MILDEW.

I'LL HEAD UP TO TULSA LATER TO SET UP FOR THE GUNSHOW. IT'S A SMALL SHOW AND ALL I HAVE IS HI-DOLLAR STUFF SO IT WILL LIKELY BE A BUYING OPPORTUNITY ONLY.

Posted on: 2021/5/21 13:22

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 05+21+21 Chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

So very sorry to hear about your friend Tommy. Prayers for his family , you, and the rest of his friends. It’s not just old timers as I’ve had friends pass also. I guess I’m at the place I need to chec the obits before anything else to start the day.
Yes the county truly has gone to sh*t. Saw where Chicago mayor pulled a racist stunt and refused to speak to white reporters. Every news anchor in the nation, including black agencies are dragging her. This mess by politicians has got to stawp already.
Speaking of the fondness for air - my car is without. I’m also fond of air. It blows hot on one side, therefore I was gifted with this temp valve actuator. I’m told I’ll be treated to a one-on-one lesson this weekend on installation, which includes tearing out some of the dash can’t wait. I have no desire to learn that. I live with an ASE Master Tech. That’s his job. I clean his house, feed and water him and wash his dirty greasy britches - that’s my job.

Attach file:

jpeg  727FE76A-E952-4E9E-9E2C-774045645786.jpeg (249.46 KB)
619_60a7c45da4830.jpeg 1080X1920 px
Posted on: 2021/5/21 14:32

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 05+21+21 Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

hey guys, I broke down yesterday and bought my season membership to the golf course, figuring GS #3 and I will play at least once a week this summer. Well, today was the day for this week. Had a good time, but it shot the morning.

We (GS #3) and I spent most of the afternoon doing some small jobs in the shop. Then we went over to their house and I helped Rosie and #2 paint the dining room. I did all the cutting in at the ceiling and taped off all the trim around the doors and base so they could paint around those things.

Sorry about your friend Tommy. Letty, that's a nice way for you to spend some quality time with your man. Gris, I hope you come across some good deals at the show.
Posted on: 2021/5/22 1:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.