Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH700R4 / 4L60
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 10.VI.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2021/6/10 12:48

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 10.VI.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

74 AND HAZY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, ANOTHER OUTDOOR SAUNA ON TAP. THE WEIRD SPRING IS OVER, NOW FOR THE STEAMING SUMMER.

PT FOR DARLING WIFE TODAY, OTHER WISE THE AGENDA IS OPEN.

BEEN READING ABOUT "OPERATION DOWNFALL", THE PLANNED INVASION OF JAPAN. THANK GOD FOR THE A-BOMB! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN UNPRECEDENTED BLOODBATH ON BOTH SIDES.

KEEP IN MIND:
CANADIAN PIPELINES ARE EVIL
RUSSIAN PIPELINES ARE GOOD

RIOTS IN PORTLAND ARE PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATIONS
RIOTS IN WASHINGTON D.C. ARE INSURRECTIONS
RIOTS IN TULSA 100 YEARS AGO ARE MASSACRES

Posted on: 2021/6/10 13:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 10.VI.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... no big rush to get around today, as I finished my part of the lawn shed, which is almost everything. Not doing the painting ( doors and door trim), everything else I purchased was prefinished or PVC, (the trim). It was HOT the last two days here, heat indices in the low 100s. Did what I could on the ground and in as much shade as possible. But finally had to climb onto the roof to shingle it.

Did part of the roof Tuesday night. Was SO dead tired that night, I ate a little supper (very little appetite) took a shower and was in bed before 9pm. Yesterday, I couldn’t put it off any longer, and went up on the roof at 2:30. Rosie would bring 3 shingles at a time to hand me ( she had no business doing it at all, but it saved me from having to climb up and down the ladder a hundred times). SIL can’t/won’t climb a ladder, he just freezes on the second wrung.....pisses me off, but he still wouldn’t help with that part.

About the sixth row up on the east side, the nail gun jammed, so back down to the ground (in the shade) to try and fix it. Back up to the roof and plug it in and I still got nothing, got pissed and threw the damn thing off the roof. Luckily, #3 was on her way home from work and stopped by and picked another one up. When she got home, she crawled up on the roof with me and helped me finish off shingling.....SIL did bring shingles over then and hand them up to us.

Today the plan is to gather my tools up, pack them up in the pickup and get a massage. Last night, we went to bed about 10:30, at around 11:30 I had a cramps in my legs so bad I couldn’t move, it hurt so bad and continued for 15 minutes, until Rosie went down stairs and brought up some dill pickle juice for me to drink .... almost immediate relief. I’m hoping a good deep massage will help.

Nice floor mats Matt. Sorry about not being around much, but I’m beginning to better understand what Tommy deals with day in and day out working in the heat and humidity.
Posted on: 2021/6/10 13:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 10.VI.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Ahhh... roof... I'm still waiting on Arrons' brother to be "available" so we can do ours. It's not like he has a job, he doesn't. It HAS to get done so we can start the floor. I can't get the rest of my insurance money on the floor until we can show work beginning. It's a month behind now. One excuse after another and if I mention hiring mexicans, he gets angry. Well get up there and fkn get it done then! I get tired of waiting on crap to get done around the house. I'd do it if I could.
Slow day here at the office and hoping it stays that way. I'm sleepy and tired, need to go to gym but will skip it today and plan for tomorrow. It's steamy hot out and projected temps in the 100s this weekend. Good for pool weather but not doing a roof, one more reason I wanted it done sooner so nobody would have a freakin' heat stroke. I figure Ill be on the ground cutting boards and carrying up shingles. They can carry up a square at a time I'd do good to pick up a bundle.
Posted on: 2021/6/10 15:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

A couple pictures of the project.

Yup, that's me sitting on tip of the wall... My daughter on the ladder and SIL standing on the ground.......

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2021/6/10 22:00

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 10.VI.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Hot here as well. 89 today, 92 tomorrow.

You're a better man than me, TB. I don't do roofs.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2021/6/11 2:09

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I swore I would never do them again, Matt, but I’ve done three since then....

Was out this morning loading tools for a couple hours, because the temps were “only” in the 80s....the stupidity ... er, humidity must have been close to 100% because my clothes were soaked by 10am.
Posted on: 2021/6/11 3:12

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 10.VI.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Tom, did you retest the nail gun after you threw it off the roof? Might have fixed the jam. Did a few belated chores at the nursery today. Have to go pick up some 1/2 inch valves for the irrigatiion system. Ya, that's plumbing but there is generally room to move unles it's an underground break (which I despise). Jack of all trades and a master of baiting.
Posted on: 2021/6/11 3:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.