Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT5
Engine used in the ZR1, 1990-1995, manual only....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 29.VI.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

FAST AWAY THE JUNE MONTH PASSES---
Posted on: 2021/6/29 13:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 29.VI.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND 74 ON THE FRONT PORCH, 86% HUMIDITY. THERE'S AN EVEN CHANCE IT WILL RAIN, THEY SAY.

NOTHING PRESSING, THERE IS SOME TRIMMING I COULD DO OUT ON THE ROAD WHERE THE BUSHES IMPINGE ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY. I DO NEED TO CHECK THE PROPANE LEVEL.

DARLING WIFE GOING TO THE MOUTH MECHANIC TODAY TO FINISH UP SOME LONG DELAYED CROWN WORK PUT OFF DUE TO THE KUNG FLU SCARE AND BACK PROBLEM.

GLAD WE MISSED OUT ON ALL THE HEAVY RAIN.
Posted on: 2021/6/29 13:29

teebee Re: 29.VI.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys...Cool this morning, 66 and headed to the upper 70s/low 80s.

A little work in the shop today...and probably a trip to the golf course.
Posted on: 2021/6/29 13:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 29.VI.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Morning everyone - hot hot hot here today already when I came in to the office. Weather says "another day of hot and humid" makes me want to just stay in bed. at least the air is working here - small things to be grateful for.
Not much on the agenda today, supposed to have two trucks in if he shows and the radio station lady coming to see me this afternoon about some stuff she needs.
Roof work still going on, he's having to do it mostly alone and it was a big job. He's beyond tired. I feel guility for sitting down under there at home but I can't do anything but get in his way up there. His brother helps off and on but not enough to do any good. He was supposed to be there at 7 Sunday and arrived at noon, got stoned and left at 2 - very little help and it pisses me smooth off.
I feel a vaca coming after this so he can rest.
yall have a good day
Posted on: 2021/6/29 14:53

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 29.VI.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Letty, they have these people that will come to your house and repair your roof. Also have others that do electical work and plumbing as well.

Just got back from a delivery to the middle Keys. The street was right across from the weigh station so I didn't hit the scales. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me with a camera shot of me passing the entrance. The Keys were looking particularly inviting this morning with all the docked boats tied up behind the homes. If I had a spare couple of mill one of those homes would be ours.
Posted on: 2021/6/29 15:12

TommyT-Bone Re: 29.VI.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Got the alternator back in. The more difficult bolt went in pretty easy and the easier bolt was little harder. Had to remove the top radiator hose to get the alignment I needed to secure the second bolt. Outside of that wasn't too bad. Battery is on the charger now to give it a full charge before I crank it over. The 928 issue with the prong that broke off in the socket was just in excersise in patience and persistance. I drilled slightly above and below the prong then worked it back and forth with a pair of needle nose pliers. I saw that it started moving a little so I applied pressure and moved it back and forth till it finally came free. The prong was rusted. Not sure how that came about. The car is 42 years old. Don't believe that was an original relay. Next, charge up that battery, put a little dielectric grease on the new prongs, try to clean up inside the socket a little to get a good connection, insert, and then hope for the best. Playing Mr. Mechanic today.
Posted on: 2021/6/29 19:23

vetteblondie Re: 29.VI.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

You can come play Mr. Mechanical to my car - there's some thingies in the dash that have to do with my air vents, I think he said there's four and three need changed. And I still need a new door speaker.
I tried that "lets hire the roof done" bit and he wasn't having it. Solid nope. "I won't pay for what I can do myself" out of the mouth of the same person that often tells me "you get to a point where you have to consider the price for labor for someone else doing the job vs. the pain in the assness of you doing it yourself and choose help now and then." I reminded him of that - 1800sf of hardwood floor that has to be scraped up, glue scraped up, baseboards and trim removed and reapplied and new flooring put down - we'll see if he changes his mind or not.
Posted on: 2021/6/29 19:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 29.VI.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

A DAY WITH NO RAIN, WHOO WHOO!

DW'S CROWN ALL GLUED ON, BUSHES CUT, PROPANE NOT QUITE TO REORDER POINT, SUPPER AT THE PIZZA BUFFET---

ALL IS WELL AM GRISHEIM :-)
Posted on: 2021/6/30 0:14

teebee Re: 29.VI.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Well, the temps were right where they say they were going to be, but the humids were much higher and made it feel much warmer than the air temp.

GS and I finished up the cabinets, then went down to the storage shed and mowed the weeds there, then came home and ate lunch then loaded the cabinets up and headed out to install them. Finished that up and came home with a few more little jobs to do for the people, so worked on those until 5:30 or so.

Tomorrow we'll try to finish those up, mow the next door neighbors yard (he's 84 and out of town having back surgery, so we are taking care of the lawn for him).

We obviously didn't get to the golf course today, so we will hit the links tomorrow.

Thursday morning, we are headed to KC for the weekend. #3 GS will be coming with us.

Letty, Aron needs to think harder about that thought. He thinks just like me (the exception being Plumbing, I hate f@*king plumbing... Have I ever mentioned that?) ...I think more and more all the time about the hiring of some of those jobs.
Posted on: 2021/6/30 1:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 29.VI.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

I need to see the mouth mechanic myself for a check up and cleaning.

As far as your car, Letty, sounds like you need to date a mechanic or something like that to fix those blend door actuators.

As far as the roof I can't help you but I know a guy named TB who loves plumbing

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2021/6/30 1:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.