Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 7 and 7 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'day.
Posted on: 2021/7/7 12:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 7 and 7 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

One of my favorite mixed drinks in my early drinking days was a 7 & 7. Seagrams 7 and 7 Up. I was primarily a beer drinker but whiskey was my go to of the hard liquors. I soon found out that whiskey mixed with Irish blood gave me perceived balls of steel. It was also the last alcoholic beverage I drank before I swore off the evil spirits. This year will mark 19 years sober when August 19th rolls around. I'm sure sobriety is the best gift I ever gave myself. I actually bought my 90 Corvette to give me something to do with my hands other than put a beverage in them. A distraction of sorts to keep my mind occupied on subject matter other than consumption. I still have the 90, I'm still sober and have more things to keep me occupied than I know what to do with. So to that I offer a toast.

Attach file:

gif  Virgin%20Mary%20Grilled%20Cheese%20Sandwich.gif (279.08 KB)
852_60e5a90ca7c98.gif 700X567 px
Posted on: 2021/7/7 13:16

GRIS Re: 7 and 7 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WAY TO GO, TOMMY!

GOT OVER TO TAHLEQUAH EARLY AND GOT MY EARS LOWERED, THEY NO LONGER TOUCH MY HAIR. FIRST ONE IN THE DOOR, THE WAY I LIKE IT; IT WAS A NICE TOP DOWN EXCURSION IN THE TOMATO. IT STARTS LIKE A CHAMP WITH THE NEW FUEL PUMP, AND EVEN SEEMS TO RUN BETTER; THAT MAY JUST BE MY IMAGINATION :-)

GOT THE WONDER DOG FED AND RUN. I'VE BEEN RUNNING HIM WITH THE SHOCK COLLAR ON AS HE'S TENDING TO CHASE CARS. I'LL LIGHT HIM UP IF I CAN CATCH HIM IN THE ACT. HE'S COLLAR WISE, HYPER-RESPONSIVE WHEN HE HAS IT ON---SMART DOG. SMARTEST, MOST RESPONSIVE DOG I'VE EVER OWNED. AND HE IS CALMING DOWN SOME AS HE MATURES; THAT HYPERACTIVITY IS HIS ONLY REALLY ANNOYING TRAIT. I'LL PROBABLY MISS MY 60 POUND PUPPY---

THE REST OF THE DAY WILL BE DNBFS; I DO MISS BILLH
Posted on: 2021/7/7 15:48

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 7 and 7 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Congrats Tommy on the 19 years! That's awesome
Had a customer show up from out of town at closing yesterday with a Slingshot thinking they were going to drop it off and come get in finished today. Have had one hell of a time explaining to her narcissistick, hateful foul mouthed pr*ck boyfriend that's now how it works. I tried to explain how it works, he got pissed off at me. No need to bring it over even for measuring if you don't like the quote, which I was still in the process of getting. Owner was out of town and unable to be on the phone for a while, family emergency. She calls me then and is already halfway here, I can't stay past closing I have no key and the other dude here has kids to go get he ain't hanging either. She shows up, holds everybody up but she was nice. he is still mouthing and being an ass. While she was driving she figured out that there was no need to bring this thing over here but I took measurements anyway. She can come get it so long as she leaves him at home. He is rude, interrups and is smart mouthed and has me plenty pissed off and I will not talk to him any more. It's her vehicle, I'll deal with her. She don't like her estimate but those things are a HUGE pain. They're very difficult to wrap, takes danged near a week plus this would be a full wrap with other graphic overlays, plus my time, his install time, print time and materials and what not. People are just clueless I guess.
Another guy is mad because he can see his crappy uneven paint work under his wrap. The wrap is opaque but you can see texture. You cannot hide underlying texture with vinyl. If you dont want to see that, sand it and repair properly before wrapping. He's all pissed off because it's not like paint. well no, its' vinyl and we aint a body shop. I hate people
Posted on: 2021/7/7 17:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 7 and 7 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, up at the crack of 8 this morning. GS and I went out to the golf course, as it was 64* and light breezes. Played 'til noon then we took the cabinet out and installed that and then home to install a window AC unit for a guy in his rental property. That was my day

Got some stuff to do in the next few days.

Letty, your business sure seems to attract those A-holes, hang in there. Tommy, that's quite an accomplishments keep it up.
Posted on: 2021/7/8 0:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.