Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Thirst-day 7-8-21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Good morning everyone.
Just checking in. Of course I have my usual rant of hating my work schedule, it’s nearly impossible to get anything done. But in a couple weeks I’ll be on short term with my new knee. Getting a bit nervous about it.
A while back I contacted John about his ‘85 and decided it might not be the best move for myself with everything coming up and what’s going on. But I can’t get that car off my mind. And I haven’t even seen pictures of it!
I hope you’re doing well there John, and that you find a good home for it before I do something NOT in my best interest!

And Tommy, keep up the good choices! It’s a very positive accomplishment to lay off the juice for that long.

As for Gris, Letty, and all others, have a great day today Gurus.
Posted on: 2021/7/8 11:41

TommyT-Bone Re: Thirst-day 7-8-21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Had a delivery first thing in the morning. Left at 06:45 and home by 09:00 AM. I can handle that. Had a blast playing my favorite slot machines last night plus made $360 profit. Works out to making about $50 an hour. I enjoyed that too. The machines were on fire for me. Multiple bonus rounds. Three payoffs of about $180 each. Even or up is always good. Think I'll cut the grass if the showers don't hinder my efforts. Have a marvelous day. Car washes are also on the agenda for today or tomorrow.
Posted on: 2021/7/8 13:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Thirst-day 7-8-21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

MNorning Bob and the rest.... Bob, there is nothing to be nervous about, you're going to wonder WHY you waited so long to have it done. You're in Ohio right? Maybe you can have the same Dr that did mine do yours. My doc moved back to Ohio someplace to be near family a couple years back.He specialized in knees and did my replacement in less than an hour.

Cool this morning, but supposed to waem up into the mid to upper 90s, back into the low 100s tomorrow.

I have some things to do in the shop today and need to mow the lawn at the storage shed.
Posted on: 2021/7/8 13:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Thirst-day 7-8-21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

75 DEGREES AND 92% AT O830HR, 91 THE PREDICTED HIGH, A SWEATY DAY AHEAD.

FORTUNATELY, THERE'S NOTHING ON THE AGENDA BUT BLOWING OUT THE HIVAC FILTER AND A COUPLE OF ERRANDS TO RUN. I CAN GET THAT DONE EARLY, NO SWEAT :-)

ALLONS

Posted on: 2021/7/8 13:41

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Thirst-day 7-8-21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Mornin'
Bob I agree with Tee that theren's nothing to worry about. You will be glad you got it done and wondered why you were so worried about it. I feel ya on the work issues. Gonna try to knock this pontoon out today and have started on the two trucks but I do not have all logos I need so I can't really go any further. The pontoon will be a nesting file created to print and color correction to match a sample he brought me and proofing.
Tee, yes sometimes this business does attract bad people. I guess all businesses do. The lady with the slingshot was very nice, polite and cool to me. Her bf was the problem and I think he's got misplaced anger. He's mad at her for making him run her errands while she is at work. Guessing he is a stay at home bf and she cringed on his lounging and irritated him. He's taking it out on me and he was being rude to her also when they were here, I walked outside right up on it. She came back in later and apologized for him and said he's funding part of her project then he's outta here lol. People simply dont understand the process either and with society becoming "entitled" they think you'll put them ahead of the line of all the other customers simply because they exist. Nope. I do things in the order I get them, I try my best to accommodate everybodys "want it by" date but I'm one person. My installer is one person we do our best and that's all we can do.
Posted on: 2021/7/8 14:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Thirst-day 7-8-21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Sue has thrown out a few customers in the past and banned some of them. She tells them "I'm not selling to you." She deals with all kinds. Really, really nice people and people that should live on the dark side of the moon. People that call a thousand times about job details on a small job. Cheap people, late payers, check bouncers, people that take and hour and spend $18. Some customers she tells right up front when they tell her their landscape budget and what they want for it. Her response is "I'm not your girl." She's a pistol. lol Maybe more of a machine gun.
Posted on: 2021/7/8 17:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.