Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
184 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 07.09.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Got the steering rack in the trans am finished up aside from some minor adjustments. I need to set up a string and do the at home measuring method to get the toe set a little better. Shouldn't be too bad.

In response to the chat the other day.... alcohol can be great or terrible depending on how you look at it. I enjoy a few pops like anyone else. I'm not into it like my younger days where it was a race to the bottom. Like anything it's ok in moderation. I respect anyone that can be sober because it's a huge commitment. One for the best, of course.

Go attack the day, Gurus. Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/7/9 6:08

j3studio Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

It rained most of the night, so things have cooled down a bit—nice for July.

An interesting evening awaits later today: a fellow who was once a co-op worker in my organization at the University is bringing his fiance down from Maine to meet me and a few others. I hope I'll be worthy of the build-up.

Posted on: 2021/7/9 13:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, 77 DEGREES AND 86% AT 0812, PREDICTED HIGH 91, THE MENU TODAY FEATURES BOILED CHEROKEE.

GOT TO GO GET SOME FRUIT FLY TRAPS, THE HOUSE IS INFESTED. ALSO NEED MOWER GAS AND RAWHIDE CHEWS FOR THE WONDER DOG.

DW HAS PT THIS MORNING, SURE AM GLAD SHE'S DRIVING AGAIN.

JOHN, ARE YOU STILL MAKING PROGRESS WITH THE BACK?
Posted on: 2021/7/9 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Matt, I can be around drinkers and don't even mind as long as they're not sloppy drunk. The reaoson I don't drink is because I love to drink. Sometimes a little (or lot) too much. I don't take any shit from antbody when I'm drinking. That can be a problem around the wife.

Replaced a spindle on the Ariens zero turn lawn mower. It worked a little better but not 100%. It's a head scratcher. I will definitely find it when the failing part breaks. That's 100 bucks I didn't need to spend. The reason that the spindle wasn't turning is because it has a brake for safety when the blades are disengaged . I thought it was a bearing issue. That's what I get for thinking.
Posted on: 2021/7/9 16:40

j3studio Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

JOHN, ARE YOU STILL MAKING PROGRESS WITH THE BACK?

I am, Gris—thanks for asking. The wound has completely healed, leaving an impressive scar but nothing else. Pain flits between a one and a two out of ten but never completely goes away—certainly manageable.

Since I'm off almost all of my movement restrictions, we're pushing forward. I told the physical therapy folks I want to start running again, so we're working on that.

Over the next few weeks, I'll get a more definite read. I have a spinal cord evaluation this coming Wednesday and a post-op visit with my neurosurgeon the following week. They're also going to x-ray me to make sure the spine is aligned correctly.

Posted on: 2021/7/9 20:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

John, seems you have been through quite an ordeal. I hope the rewards are many as you strive to gain more mobility. Good fortune my friend.
Posted on: 2021/7/9 20:20

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I have been allowing myself a beer a day and most days do not have time. After mowing or a long day at work a cold beer tastes good. Refrained from any alcohol for 20 or more years but since I hit the late 60's and early 70's I have loosened up a bit..... I always loved beer... ice cold white foam on top of a tall frosty glass....what is not to love.... my problem was I loved it to much in my decadent rebel youth..... so when the kids came along I just put it away..... but they moved out..... so back the truck up and get all that in the beer fridge Joe...naw hell it'll fit.....crank that sumbich to damn near freezing.... there ya go..... gimmie one of dem....
Posted on: 2021/7/9 20:42

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, up early and off to see mt sister in a town a little more than an hour away. She had a few things she wanted me to do for her, and we haven'tgotten together for a couple months, so, it was a nice day trip.

Pretty nice when we left, low 70s, but the temps warmed up quiye a bit on the way home it reached up to 105.

John you have been though quite a bit, good to hear you are making progress back to a more 'normal' way of life. I'm sure you'll live up to the hype...

Alcohol... I had my first beer (or any other alcohol) when I was 20. All through high school the guys always knew I could get them home if they overindulged. Roday, I will partake in a beer or two or maybe a Margarita in the evening. Never too much though.
Posted on: 2021/7/9 21:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I knew it was time to quit when I looked at the beer isle and knew there wasn't enough beer in the display cases to satisfy me. A beer truck would not be enough because I would have drank it dry. It was then that I saw my drinking days had to come to an end. I would never be satisfied. Whiskey and beer would be great if I was immortal. I never said "I quit drinking.". That would be too permanent. I figure if I can make it to 70 that would be a benchmark worthy of tipping a glass or two or three. My doctor used to say I had a cast iron liver. Everything I threw at it and my liver function was normal. Sue was always amazed when my physical results came back and everything was fine. I never cheat. Never sneak one in. I know the demons that lie on the other side. Besides, I know a woman who would pack up and leave if I got stupid. She knows about my 70 plan. She does not approve. Those I might have to sneak if I'm still here to do it.
Posted on: 2021/7/9 22:22

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Found this pic of GRIS and his pup on google.

Attach file:

jpg  GRIS grass.jpg (97.30 KB)
852_60e8d2a2e9eaf.jpg 800X761 px
Posted on: 2021/7/9 22:50

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 07.09.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

LOOKS FAMILIAR, BUT THAT'S NOT MY DOG---
Posted on: 2021/7/10 0:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.