Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
192 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TPI
Tuned Port Injection. A method of fuel injection, used on the early C4 Corvette L98 motor, (1985-1991). ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 15.VII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING, GURUS---
Posted on: 2021/7/15 13:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteblondie Re: 15.VII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good mornin'
Up early enough to sit outside for a quiet moment with coffee before work. Been a busy morning, waiting on a customer for a color match panel to come in and pick his swatch so I can print. Learning some of printer today. He's not wanted any of us to touch it before. But if we can print things it saves him the trouble when he's already busy. I'm not comfy messing with equipment that costs that much however.
Hope everyone has a good day
Posted on: 2021/7/15 15:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 15.VII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOT OUT, RAN THE DOG, AND DID SOME OUTDOOR STUFF EARLY, STILL CAME IN WRINGING WET. NOT SO HOT BUT 75% HUMIDITY AND NO WIND. THE MISERY INDEX IS IN THE HIGH RANGE.

DARLING WIFE IS HAVING A RELAPSE. NOT SURE WHY, BUT I CAN GUESS.

ANYWAY, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE PRESSING TODAY; I WILL MEDITATE UPON AIR CONDITIONING :-)
Posted on: 2021/7/15 15:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 15.VII.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello everybody.

Getting parts for broken stuff, cooking chicken for the dogs, laundry and assorted task list today. Trying to find out if sonny-boy is going to watch the pets. He's been in deep isolation. May be off the deep end. Have to get a back up if I don't talk to him today. I've written off helping him much since you can't help someone that doesn't want any help. It's not from a lack of trying. Sad.
Posted on: 2021/7/15 15:15

j3studio Re: 15.VII.21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Been a busy morning, waiting on a customer for a color match panel to come in and pick his swatch so I can print. Learning some of printer today. He's not wanted any of us to touch it before. But if we can print things it saves him the trouble when he's already busy. I'm not comfy messing with equipment that costs that much however.

Aaah … color correction. What kind of printer is it?

Posted on: 2021/7/15 16:37

vetteblondie Re: 15.VII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

He has a big Mutoh.
body shop guy brought me a swatch from a bus. Book bus, local unit, however it was purchased three hours from here and wrapped in that city. Body dude called them and they said they "couldn't" help him with color mix. (you can tell it was printed). There's a bazillion different colors to choose. I do not have a spectrometer for mess like that and wouldn't much matter. I can send CXMXYXKX to printer and depending on his printer profiles and which is used it still will not be an exact match. I can also scan the piece - it comes out more purple. I got close as I could - if they holler at him then he plans to tell them their original company should've worked with him to provide what he needed. They could've printed and shipped him the panel (12 foot patch) or they could've asked for the bus back to do it themselves or they could've emailed me the mix they actually used or that portion of the graphic. Frustrates me on these kinds of things.
Posted on: 2021/7/15 18:08

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: 15.VII.21
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

He has a big Mutoh. body shop guy brought me a swatch from a bus. Book bus, local unit, however it was purchased three hours from here and wrapped in that city. Body dude called them and they said they "couldn't" help him with color mix. (you can tell it was printed). There's a bazillion different colors to choose. I do not have a spectrometer for mess like that and wouldn't much matter. I can send CXMXYXKX to printer and depending on his printer profiles and which is used it still will not be an exact match. I can also scan the piece - it comes out more purple. I got close as I could - if they holler at him then he plans to tell them their original company should've worked with him to provide what he needed. They could've printed and shipped him the panel (12 foot patch) or they could've asked for the bus back to do it themselves or they could've emailed me the mix they actually used or that portion of the graphic. Frustrates me on these kinds of things.

Those Mutohs are impressive. Agreed on the frustrations of color matches without the right source material and printer profiles.

Posted on: 2021/7/16 0:39

teebee Re: 15.VII.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, busy day here.

Letty, good luck with the learning curve on the printer and matching the colors. Gris, not so good a deal for DW. Tommy, so sorry, I know you try, but, like you said, can't help them, if they won't accept it.

Finished up a couple things today and picked up a couple small jobs. My grandson is just getting better and better at working on his own and picking up on things I've shown or taught him to do. I left him to do some things on his own today and he very meticulously, performed the tasks without much interaction from me.
Posted on: 2021/7/16 3:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 15.VII.21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi everyone.
Letty, it sure seems like you’re being just caught in the middle on this. I really don’t envy you, or anyone at those times.

Well we finally got some closure on last weekend’s plumbing work. He fixed one problem and created another. Then I had to call and get him back two more times, and it’s now leaking from the drain. So yesterday I got one of their review emails and ripped them a fresh one. I got my money back.
So there’s partial closure, but now it’s a drain leak, not pressurized.
I still need to get it fixed, but it’s not an emergency.

Just found out I’ve got to work through the weekend. Yippee. I shouldn’t gripe about it. There are far worse things that can happen.
Have a good evening Gurus.
Posted on: 2021/7/16 3:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.