Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 29.VII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2021/7/29 13:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 29.VII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

81 AND 80% AT 0835, WE'RE HAVING AN OLD FASHION SUMMER.

OPEN AGENDA TODAY, NO DRIVING DARLING WIFE.

TEE, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA ABOUT THOSE TIRE PRESSURE THINGYS I SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT WHEN THE FIRST ONE WENT DEMOCRAT.
I INITIALLY TOOK IT TO THE DEALER WHO WANTED $200+ TO LOOK AT IT. WENT TO THE FT GIBSON TIRE SHOP AND GOT IT REPLACED FOR ABOUT $60; DON'T THINK THE YOUNG SERVICE WRITER AT GMC KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

NOT MUCH JULY LEFT---

Posted on: 2021/7/29 13:44

vetteblondie Re: 29.VII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning - hot as all get out already here. Heat index 110. I had some pedialyte and a sleeping pill last night so feeling some better today. Would like to go to gym tonight but still feel draggy and prob don't need to do much besides treadmill or something less intensive. Today is a day to be thankful to be in an air conditioned office for sure.
Gris not sure where you are but the GMC Service writers here aren't nothing to brag about. BF comes home nearly daily whining bout something they've messed up or who is pissed off as a result.
Tee tell me about this Beatles thing - we're looking for somewhere to go for a weekend and I've not been there in years and Arron hasn't been at all. I know it's expanded profusely since I've been and it's not far from us so might be on our to-do list.
Speaking of GM service - Arron had one come in the other day truck making a horrible racket - farm truck of course. He gets under there and there's a rock trapped by the exhaust so when he drives it, makes an awful noise like something's coming apart. He removes it, sends bill up for 1 hour labor. Guy hunts him down and is angry that it's over $100 for a stupid rock. Arron looked at him calmly but firmly he said and informed him that it took him time to get it pulled in, up on the rack, searching around, the removing it, then driving it to make sure that's the problem and nothing else, pull truck out and turn keys and ticket in. Hour's labor total. Guy is mad cause it was "just a rock". Arron told him "I don't care what it was, it took me time to do what needed done, I do not work for free and this dealership doesn't work for free. I will be more than happy to put it back where I found it and let you spend 3-4 hours looking for a "simple rock" that obviously eluded you in the first place and I can spend my time making actual money on this intake job I have sitting here". Guy snatched his ticket and walked off. He hates people he said lol.
Another keeps bringing his in with check engine light. He's filling it up wrong, dual tank, if you fill front one before rear one, the level sensor gets messed up. He's told the guy this 5 times already - so this last time he wanted everything on the system replaced - over $1000. Arron said he'll be back in a week cause he'll do the same thing. People are stupid. But if he has $1000 to blow fine, I'll work lol.
Same here, people call and check pricing on window tint and then are rude AF. Used to be people weren't like that, they were polite now with the entitlement mindsent people think everything should be free I guess. Same ones hollering they want paid for their work "livable wage".
Posted on: 2021/7/29 14:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 29.VII.21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Letty, people are stupid, and sometimes it costs money to be stupid. I wouldn't work for free and I wouldn't expect someone else to work for free.

I did manage to get the grass cut yesterday. That was good because we had another thunderstorm last night. So at least it's done.

Tool sales have been extremely slow for the entire month of July. I just picked up some stuff yesterday and I seem to be having much better luck with it already. So hopefully that's a sign things are picking up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Posted on: 2021/7/29 15:13

TommyT-Bone Re: 29.VII.21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

People. LOL. A customer sends a list on Tuesday night of plants she needs. The county biologist is on them to restore the habitat that was disturbed on their lot. A big no no in the Keys. Sue gathers the plants and starts writing it up. The customer tells Sue she wants the names, botanical names and price. Sue tells her it will take some time to add all the botanical names. Sue had a dentist appointment yesterday afternoon so she took a break from the list to go to her appointment. The customer calls at 03:30 and tells Sue on he answering machine "Forget about it, go to your dentsit appointment, enjoy your vacation or whatever you have to do." I'll have Martin (her landscaper) take care of it. Sue already rounded up the plants, was working on the list and had hours in already. Sue said to me, " That's OK . I needed the plants anyway. I' won't be selling her any of those plants." The funny thing is for some of those plants Sue is the only one around that has any in inventory. Florida native plants, some endangered. The people who called had a completion date for Wednesday. Starting today $2000 a day fine. Yup. People are funny. With vacation starting Monday I'm busier and busier by the day. Got a petsitter lined up. One we used in the past but haven't called in 8 years. Her husband is a firefighter and they work the business together. I'll have plenty of work for them. Sonny boy is MIA. Totally withdrawn. He knows where to find us if he needs us but I'm not hunting him down anymore. It's like he disowned us. Oh well. Life goes on.
Posted on: 2021/7/29 15:41

GRIS Re: 29.VII.21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Letty, people are stupid, and sometimes it costs money to be stupid.

BASIC STATISTICS: ONE HALF THE POPULATION IS BELOW AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE.
Posted on: 2021/7/29 17:04

vetteblondie Re: 29.VII.21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Stupid and very rude as of late.
Gris when I was in newspaper adveritsing we routinely went to seminars to learn new strategies and such. Some of those firms paid good money for research into buyers, sellers, what works, what doens't etc. At one I recall being told in ad design/wording to appeal to a 6th grade audience. I asked why. I was shown information that indicated the average consumer has that level of smarts. Shocked me. Then I do recall many people that email me still don't know "there" vs "their" yet have college degrees.
Tint manager over here said he got a call earlier a lady wanted a price for something and he gave her a quote and she was smart mouthed with him then hung up on him simply because she thinks it all should be free I guess.
Posted on: 2021/7/29 17:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 29.VII.21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

I'm pretty sure I am on the right side of the stupid line......... I think..... hmmmm... how do you know?

It is hot and smoky out there.... I get home from work and just grab a beer and put on my summer outfit.... and hit the big chair...... need to do stuff in the shop but don't have the air on until the weekend..... gets to pricey otherwise......

in fact that is where I am headed now...... keep on keeping on Guru's
Posted on: 2021/7/29 23:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 29.VII.21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, our last day in Branson today. Hot and humid… Heat indices in the 108 to 110 range. Just stayed in until we headed out to the show “Jesus”. Quite the theatrical event. Live animals, large, elaborate staging and props. If you do go, I recommend heading out earlier than you think you need to. We were “9 minutes” away according to Apple Maps, we left 35 minutes before show time and, that 9 minutes got us to the turnoff, but took us another 15 minutes to get into the parking lot as there were so many people going. We still made it our seats before the show started. I’d highly recommend it, though, if you are going to Branson.

Letty, I’m assuming you are referring to the show “Liverpool Legends”, I haven’t seen it but is just down the street from where we are staying. If it is on par with the other shows we’ve seen here, it will be a good one.

Tomorrow we will head north and west to KC to see the kids there and then on home on Sunday.

Gee, I hope I’m on the correct side of the stupid line…sometimes I wonder. Gris, I bought the sensors off fleabay and took them down to my local tire shop to have them install and program them, $30 for the sensors, $60 to break tires down, install new sensors and program them.
Posted on: 2021/7/30 3:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.