Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
246 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS ANOTHER MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

HI Y'ALL
Posted on: 2021/9/27 13:21

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: ANOTHER MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY, 70/68, 90 DEGREES THE PREDICTED HIGH.

AUTO ROTATION DAY, THE TOMATO UP, AND OF COURSE THERE'S RAIN IN THE FORECAST FOR MOST OF THE WEEK :-(

WAITING ON SHOCKS FOR THE TRUCK.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS!
Posted on: 2021/9/27 13:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: ANOTHER MONDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Had a nice gathering of the clan for my nephew's wedding in Bradenton, Florida. Rarely do we get most of the family together except for weddings and funerals. It was really nice to see all our neices, nepews and great neices and nephews as well as my two surviving sisters and brother in law. As usual there was plenty of behind the scene activity. One of my neices recently closed on the sale of a former private elematary school building. It will be the new location of her child daycare facility. Very nice large space with multiple classrooms in a central location. I was impressed. Got home last evening. Today I will pick up the pieces of our sweet shattered dream. (Our home) A homeowner's work is never finished.

Posted on: 2021/9/27 13:43

vetteblondie Re: ANOTHER MONDAY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Good afternoon - been an absolutely beautiful weekend here. We e just loaded around most of it - usual nursing home Friday visit, stayed out here to myself after. Flea markets and two restaurants , motorcycle rides and pool time took up the weekend. We needed it. Gym today then I’m outside for one more afternoon to myself.
Good way to start spoiling the grand, Marcus. Nice! Cool catalog Matt!
Very sorry for your loss, Tee, prayers
Posted on: 2021/9/27 19:40

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: ANOTHER MONDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well evening folks. Home from the funeral. Saw some extended family we hadn't seen in a while.

We took 007 as the weather was warm and dry. It also afforded me a chance to try out the new steering wheel. I did a review

http://www.corvetteforum.guru/modules ... 8&forum=53&post_id=290243

After we got home, I unloaded, filled with fuel, washed and put 007 on the lift.
Posted on: 2021/9/27 22:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: ANOTHER MONDAY
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi everyone.
After a few years of his retirement, my dad said he didn’t know how he had time for a job. Now, after having been off over two months, I’m beginning to understand that comment. I’m really not looking forward to going back to work.
Tee, I’m sorry for the loss of the family member. As I’ve said in past comments, I’m at a loss at these times because I don’t like to say the same things as so many of those who attend funerals.
Just reading up on the last week, things got a bit serious. I know I’ve told you all about my funeral wishes, but what I’ve told my wife is go to the undertaker and ask him to see the cheapest casket they can get. Then see if she can just use the box it came in. I don’t go for cremation myself, but cheap burial is definitely on the table.
By the way, Costco sell caskets at a significant savings over the homes. A guy. I worked with had to buy a couple in a year. He swore he saved 2/3rds each time.
That’s enough of that.
My daily “go to work, save gas” ride crapped out last week so I took a quick offer from a local dealer and dumped it. Today I picked up a ‘12 Malibu that’s facing a fairly tough future as the sacrifice I’m offering in order to save my truck and the wife’s Impala.
I’ve just noticed I’m going a bit long, so I’ll quit now.
Have a great week Gurus!
Posted on: 2021/9/28 0:41

Matatk Re: ANOTHER MONDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

This morning was actually a good time for me. My cousin Mark called me Sunday night and asked me if I wanted to go look at a car with him Monday morning. The car was about an hour away and he wanted my help checking it out and possibly driving his car home if he bought it. So he picked me up around 8:30 and we hit the road. We met the guy at 10:00 a.m. in the Lowe's parking lot. The car was a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 with a V8 and a 5-speed. Mostly stock with a couple of minor modifications. The guy had presented the car as a 9 out of 10 interior and exterior. Unfortunately when we got there he was a little generous with his ratings. The body had some rust on it which really upset my cousin. It also had a lot of stone chips that have been touched up and some minor scratches. The car supposedly had 99,600 miles on it. So then a little further inspection showed that it had a pretty massive oil leak - not sure if it was the pan or an oil pressure sender. Then when I scanned it I found a code for the ABS module as well as the oil pressure sender and a communications code. The worst part was when I scanned the car the dash cluster had been replaced at some point and the car actually had 159,900 miles on it. I showed the guy and he was floored. I think his heart was in his shoes. The guy wasn't trying to take advantage of us it's just that when he bought the car 2.5 years ago he never had it inspected and the guy knew nothing about cars. So I was really nice about it and I went over all the problems with him but basically told him the car that he wanted 13 grand for was worth eight. That's a little hard to swallow but the guy was very apologetic. My cousin was pretty happy with me that I brought my scanner. And he was a professional BMW mechanic for 8 years so he's not unfamiliar with fixing cars. After that we drove the hour and 15 minutes home and had lunch on the way. That was my reward for saving him from a lemon.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2021/9/28 3:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.