Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
210 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SBC
This stands for Small Block Chevrolet. The engine debuted in 1955 and remained largely unchanged until 1986. The initials are still used today to d...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY 5 OCT 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7635 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2021/10/5 12:47

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TUESDAY 5 OCT 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7635 Posts

47 DEGREES FEEL COLD THIS MORNING, SEMI-SUNNY, 81 THE PREDICTED HIGH. THE CHEROKEES ARE OK WITH THAT.

DID NOT GET THE CARS ROTATED YESTERDAY, MY USUAL GAS STATION WAS INOP SO I COULD NOT FILL UP THE TOMATO. I TRY TO PUT THEM AWAY WITH A FULL TANK.

#3 GRANDSON SHOWED UP YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, IS ASLEEP ON THE COUCH NOW. I'LL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE HELP AND SWITCH TOPS ON HARVEY :-)
Posted on: 2021/10/5 12:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY 5 OCT 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

G'mornin.
Up at the crack of dawn for a deivery uptown. Back by 09:30. Gonna wash the box truck and cut the grass at the nursery. Then we'll see. Maybe cut the grass at home. I sure hope the grass don't grow in Heaven or they have angels to cut it. Full day today but everyday is a full day. Just depends what you do with it.
Posted on: 2021/10/5 13:56

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY 5 OCT 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4645 Posts

Good mornin - just trying to get to work today was work. Hoping I can have a do-nothing kinda day here, I need to rest. Dodging mowing trucks, trying to stop and slid on the grass where the idiot blew it out into the road, poke-ass people in front of me that wouldn't go and I needed to get gas. Stopped at the local, pumps out but they didn't put out the normal signal of bag on handle. Nope. Just a teenyweeny sign on the pump by the card slot. Other pump was taken over by dingbat using it for parking spot only. Next stop in next town, card reader wouldn't work, had to go in. Now I"m late for work and get here, no parking spot, they parked customer stuff over in the employee area. Waiting on someone to come yell at me for parking in customer spots up front.
I'd rather be home mowing (needed) or plumbing or whatever other horrible chores awaits. Vette club meeting tonight so will be home late but at least I won't have to cook.
Posted on: 2021/10/5 14:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: TUESDAY 5 OCT 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Hey guys, another busy day here. Picked up another complete kitchen cabinet job. An hour meeting with the general contractor (former student) then another hour with the owner to answer questions about the design I did and to give suggestions on a couple other issues they are facing.. I think we got some good solutions. Then back home to create some backsplash for the countertops I installed yesterday.

All this time I'm awaiting two delivery truck with materials for other projects. Yesterday FedEx Freight calls me to verify I would be around to receive the one delivery and that I had a way to unload, and what was the latest time for delivery. I assured them I would be around awaiting their call (an hour before delivery) and that I had a fork to unload. So the other delivery, my lumber supplier, the driver said I would be the last drop of the day. So I wait around hoping the calls don't come at the same time.

So I finish the backsplash and take it over to install and find I somehow mixed the measurements and have the finished ends on two pieces reversed, and mismeasured another piece, so it's too short and I get to remake that one. So 4 o'clock (my latest time agreed to by us yesterday) rolls around and I still haven't heard from FedEx, so I call them and get a run around saying they had already delivered everything to our town...."So, my delivery is sitting somewhere here in town and the driver NEVER called me?" No, the crate never got on the truck today and maybe, it will be delivered tomorrow.......BS.

So, I continue redoing the backsplash pieces and at 5 my pther delivery is here. I get it all unloaded and I say to the driver, "Where's my trim that I ordered?" So he climbes all over looking for it, "It doesn't appear to be on here. I'd like to say it surprises me...but it doesn't. Sorry." I was needing that trim to finish upanother job, was expecting it two weeks ago, but was assured by my salesman, it would be on the truck today. A call to him in the morning to chew some ass is in order.

Sorry to write a book here....just venting.
Posted on: 2021/10/6 2:16

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY 5 OCT 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Sorry to write a book here....just venting.

That's what we're here for.
Posted on: 2021/10/6 4:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.