Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 44
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 8 8 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING
Posted on: 2021/10/8 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 8 8 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, 71, BREEZY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, GOING TO HIT 90 THEY SAY.

GOT SOME ERRANDS TO RUN, RAWHIDE CHEWS FOR THE DOG, SEED FOR THE BIRDS, AND BRATWURST FOR ME :-) ALSO NEED TO CHECK ON SHOCK STATUS FOR THE TRUCK.

WILL ALSO NEED TO GET A KUNG FLU BOOSTER WORKED THERE SOMEWHERE.
Posted on: 2021/10/8 13:34

Matatk Re: 8 8 21
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

No rain now but that could always change.

Kids are at school, wife is at work....just me and the dog bach'ing it for the day. Time for a workout soon.

TB, hope your cabinets come in.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2021/10/8 16:06

TommyT-Bone Re: 8 8 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Howdy!

Hot and humid. Sweating as usual. Just got back from babysitting the nursery for a couple of hours. Now back to my yardwork at home. I do what I can do.
Posted on: 2021/10/8 18:23

teebee Re: 8 8 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, Yup, cabinets came in.....not good, but they are here. FedEx driver tells me there are three pallets, so when he opens up the trailer (I'm the last delivery of the day, so my stuff is all that is on) I see two pallets as I expect and one NOT. They package the parts up in special boxes, well one pallet just had cabinet pieces shrink wrapped to the pallet. I told the driver that wasn't 'normal'. And once I got them all unloaded, I could tell they (FedEX) had, apparently, dropped the pallet and the pieces were strung all over, and they ditched the box and just shrink wrapped the pieces to the , now trashed, pallet. Rosie and I went through all the pieces separating the damaged pieces out. I don't even know if all the pieces are there. I've contacted the company and they will replace anything missing or damaged...one reason why I deal with them.

Last week, I had been asked if I do any pro=bono work. They were concerned about a lady, who about two years ago was involved in a really bad car accident and nearly died, but has worked her way back, but still has walking problems. She is the owner of our local flower shop (while she was in the hospital, friends kept the shop open for her so she would go bankrupt. Anyway the concerned citizens were woried about a ramp she uses to enter the backdoor (where she goes in and out), so I went by to look at it and speak to her. She, very humbly, said it worked ok, but in reality, it was quite feable. Her concern was "How much will this cost me?" "Rita, I will do this for nothing for you." She was quite taken. Then said "If you are doing that, maybe we can do something about the entry too...I'll pay you to do that one. I have lots of older people who, I'm afraid, might trip and fall." So we discussed what needed to be done there and she says "No hurry, whenever you get to it." I told her I had some nice treated lumber taken from another project that was laying around and I'd use that. So last evening I built the two ramps and about 8:30 last night I took them down and installed them so they would be done when she got there this morning. I needed to go back this morning as it was too dark for me to anchor the one. So I planned to get there and get it done before Rita got there...that didn't happen and when I got there she was extremely grateful for the work and even more surprised with the speed of which I got it done. I still need to order a post for a handrail on the front ramp so I can put the handrail up. All I am going to charge her foris the post I have to order as all the other pieces were left over from other jobs. She doesn't know that yet. she's a sweet gal, I don't mmind doing it for her. Rosie says I'm really building my reputation around town doing these Pro=bono jobs for older people.

Been working all morning on three cabinets, need to get back out there and finish them up (as much as I can).

Posted on: 2021/10/8 19:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 8 8 21
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Happy Friday everyone!
T, that was an awfully nice thing you did for the lady. Funny how good you feel after doing that stuff, isn’t it?
I’m not blessed with construction skills, so I try to find those spur of the moment chances to help others. It’s truly a good feeling.
We’ve got the daughter coming home with her BF for the week. Currently waiting on them to arrive so we can head out for margaritas.
Lastly, our veterinarian is getting rich this week as Ralphie the wonder dog (aka wreck it Ralph) has developed pancreatiti$. We’re fairly worried about him too. Funny how when they’re not barking and driving us nuts we get so worried about them.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Posted on: 2021/10/8 21:20

teebee Re: 8 8 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

How's the knee doing Bob? A lady I went to school with and then we both ended up teaching together here, for more than 30 years and we retired the same year, has needed both knees done...heck, longer than I needed mine (had mine done 8 years ago now), finally got her first one done last week. she's getting along pretty good with it. She's having the second one done in November.
Posted on: 2021/10/8 21:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 8 8 21
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

You're a good man Mr. Tee..... well done..... Bob we just got our old Yorkie over a kidney infection.... dog was pissing everywhere..... had to keep him in the mud room and put floor diapers down.... which he was nice enough to use... drank about a gallon of water a day..... all better now with the help of the drugs the Vet gave him.....

Going to the Husker game tomorrow.... the excitement is back the crops are yielding well the weather is good and the Huskers looked great last week..... the Husker Nation is giddy with anticipation... I am taking my Bride to the game and to an excellent tailgate..... life is good in the Good Life State...... get out and get it done Guru's
Posted on: 2021/10/9 0:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 8 8 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WELL, GOT EVERYTHING DONE EXCEPT THE BIRDSEED, AND NOW KUNG FLU RE-PROOFED.

TEE, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE UP ON RETIREMENT AND GO BACK TO WORK SO YOU CAN GET SOME REST :-)

YOU ARE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS FO' SHO'!
Posted on: 2021/10/9 1:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.