Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
214 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 11 OCTOBER 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

IN FOURTEEN HUNDRED NINETY TWO COLUMBUS SAILED THE OCEAN BLUE.
Posted on: 2021/10/11 12:52

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 11 OCTOBER 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

A FEW YEARS BACK THE EXACT COPY OF LA NINIA CAME UP THE ARKANSAS TO THREE FORKS. BUILT IN BRAZIL WITH SAME TECHNIQUES AS THE ORIGINAL, SHE MADE A MAJOR IMPRESSION ON ME. SHE WAS TINY! MY PICKUP TRUCK WOULD NOT HAVE FIT ON HER DECK. IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE CROSSING THE ATLANTIC IN SUCH A CRAFT. SAILORS IN THOSE DAYS REALLY HAD BALLS.

SHE LATER RETURNED WITH A REPLICA OF LA PINTA, A LITTLE LARGER, NOT AS AUTHENTIC, BUT STILL SMALL. IT WAS DISAPPOINTING NOT TO BE ALLOWED BELOW ON LA NINIA, I WANTED TO SEE THE CARPENTRY.

CLOUDY AND 60 DEGREES THIS MORNING, STORMS LAST NIGHT DIDN'T AMOUNT TO MUCH HERE. THERE WAS CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE IN COWETA, UP BY TULSA AND TORNADOES REPORTED IN CENTRAL OK.
IT'S SUPPOSED TO CLEAR OFF TODAY AND RAIN RETURN TUESDAY NIGHT.

AND IN CLOUD-CUCKOO LAND:
THE OMNISCIENT DR FOOCHY, DARLING OF THE MEDIA, HAS APPROVED HALLOWEEN. ISN’T THAT JUST WONDERFUL?
Posted on: 2021/10/11 13:00
Edited by GRIS on 2021/10/11 13:20:40

teebee Re: 11 OCTOBER 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...So tired I went to bed at 9:30, just got up at 7:45...I feel very refreshed. It's chilly here, 45 now, but supposed to rebound into the low 70s.

Several jobs to do today, so better get to them.
Posted on: 2021/10/11 13:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 11 OCTOBER 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Celebrating the founding of Indians in North America. How did the Indians get here. Did Marco Polo bring them to the left coast and drop them off? The Indians must have interacted with the Native American tribes.

HOT & HUMID. I'm melting.
Posted on: 2021/10/11 15:35

vetteblondie Re: 11 OCTOBER 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Good morining - what's left of it. Weather is gloomy here, rain due in about an hour. Tee yes that cold front is headed for us. By the weekend we're due to have around 48-50 for lows in the middle of a 90 degree day then that's it. Fall is here they say. Time for me to get my plants in. I like to leave them out long as I can as it gets crowded in the house. I can't stand that. I need to live where Tommy does so I won't have to worry about bringing in stuff. I need to get it done before our trip anyway. Wanted to wait but need it over with.
Already been at my doc this morning. Went to her years ago to get hormone issues corrected and now that I'm officially old we're re-evaluating everything. Might be a change of HRT and change of supplements. I'm already working on the diet and exercise part but can't beat science to fill those gaps.
On a different tone, if you've never seen the dash tore out of your car lookie here: My temp actuator things, mode thingies and recirculation something or anothers were out. My recirc filter was crammed in the hole keeping that door open instead of put back in there right thanks to some oil change moron, then once he tore into it, some other door thingie was broke. That has to be ordered. I'm out of wheels for the week it appears.

Attach file:

jpg  244392225_10226264242376280_1173469747458510458_n.jpg (69.45 KB)
619_61646b034d389.jpg 960X540 px
Posted on: 2021/10/11 16:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 11 OCTOBER 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Saw those pics on FB, Letty ....made me cringe.

Got several things done today...Turned out to be much warmer than expected 78 for the high.
Posted on: 2021/10/11 23:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 11 OCTOBER 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Celebrating the founding of Indians in North America. How did the Indians get here. Did Marco Polo bring them to the left coast and drop them off? The Indians must have interacted with the Native American tribes.

CONFUSION BECAUSE OL' CRIS C. DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL HE WAS. THEN CAME "AMERICAN INDIANS" TO PREVENT CONFUSION. THE ACADEMICS SHORTENED THIS TO "AMERINDIAN" WHEN IT SEEMED TOO UNDERSTANDABLE. THEN CAME "NATIVE AMERICAN", WHICH IN ENGLISH MEANS BORN IN AMERICA. THIS WAS POLITICALLY CORRECTED TO "INDIGENOUS PERSONS". ( IN SPORTS THE CLEVELAND INDIGENIES"? )

MY FAVORITE ANSWER TO ALL THIS WAS GIVEN BY OLD MAN RED ELK TO A SEMI-SMARMY MEMBER OF THE LAWTON PURPLE HEART CHAPTER WHO ASKED IF HE WANTED TO BE CALLED INDIAN OR NATIVE AMERICAN

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL ME COMANCHE."

HE WAS A CODE TALKER IN WW II.
Posted on: 2021/10/12 0:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.