Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS FRIDAY 22 OCT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

WOW! THIS MONTH IS SLIPPING AWAY FAST---
Posted on: 2021/10/22 12:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: FRIDAY 22 OCT
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...Chilly here, 27 (7:45) when we got up, but warms up quickly, 40 now (9:30). Was looking at the weather and noticed Relative Humidity is 11%....I have a feeling, that is the reason of the temp swings so fast. The other thing is, it doesn't feel that cold.

Last evening, we went to the hot springs to soak in the mineral waters. Met some really nice people, most locals who frequent the springs regularly. Moving from pool to pool, wet, was not uncomfortable at all. And when we got ready to leave, we showered and changed into our street clothes, but I had forgotten my jacket in the pickup, Walked to the pickup, thinking it was rather warm. But the pickup thermometer said it was 34....no way I would have believed that, except my phone and a temp readout on a bank sign confirmed the temp.

Not a lot planned for today.
Posted on: 2021/10/22 15:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: FRIDAY 22 OCT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

HOT SPRINGS/TUBS WARM YOU UP VERY NICELY, TEE.

MADE IT TO THE DOC AT 0900. THE VAMPIRE DID HER WORK WELL, FOUND A VEIN FIRST TRY. HAVE A NEW N-P, VERY NICE AND BETTER THAN LOOKING THAN THE ONE THAT RETIRED. SHE WAS A SWEETHEART, BUT A BUTTERBALL :-)

SO I'LL HAVE A LATE BREAKFAST AND GO WASH THE MUD FROM UNDER THE TOMATO. IT'S 65 NOW, 75 LATER THEY SAY, A BRIGHT, SUNSHINY DAY.

THE CHEROKEES ARE GRINNING.
Posted on: 2021/10/22 16:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Friends of ours have a place about 40 miles south of here in NM. They happen to be there this week, so, on Wednesday we drove down to see them. We've been there a couple of times, but they had done a lot of work since our last trip there. We took the Side By Side and the 4 wheeler and toured their property. Then had an early supper ready and another couple, who we've met before, came out to visit and eat with us
Shortly after eating, we headed back to Pagosa Springs, as the wildlife is prevalent on the road between here and there...especially during this time of the year, as soon as it starts to get towards sunset.

This morning we got a message from them saying that they had had to call the fire dept. as the electrical panel started smoking and nearly started a fire. Lucky they were there to realize there was a problem and call. Could have burned the place down. Apparently a wasp nest shorted out the leads and started the problem. I've offered to come down and help in any way....just waiting to find out if we are going.
Posted on: 2021/10/22 17:18

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY 22 OCT
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

A rare day when I'm feeling a little beat. It's been like that for about the past week actually. Sometime allergies will do that to me. I took a multi vitamin. Maybe I'll try that too, for a few days at least.
Posted on: 2021/10/22 19:47

Ultraman Re: FRIDAY 22 OCT
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

I'm feeling tired also Tommy.....but I usually do on Friday evening.... I need to get back in shape....

Had a shooting at a grain elevator in Superior Neb today... guy got fired this morning and came back with a gun and shot 3 people of which 2 died the other was wounded..... then an employee who had a shotgun in his office killed the shooter..... I'm sorry this is the good life State.... we don't do those things here..... guess that is over..... the rule of law has left us..... arm yourselves fellow citizens its the wild west all over again....

not much on the agenda this weekend....going to rain they say so have some indoor painting to do then naps....mucho naps...

enjoy your evening....
Posted on: 2021/10/23 0:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, didn't have to go down as they were having a difficult time finding a new panel, so, nothing we could really do.

Rosie and I went for a 6 1/2 mile bike ride...almost an hours worth. Toured the north side of the lake looking at the nice "cabins" (read that as REALLY nice homes that people use, mostly, sparingly, during nice months).

Then we went down and played Mini-golf and shuffleboard and out to eat at one of our favorite places, an authentic Mexican food place.

While we were playing mini golf Rosie texted our friends to see if they had had any luck finding a new panel, and she said they had, and were in Durango picking it up right then. Durango is about 2 hours from their place and we are about halfway in between. So we invited them to stop on their way through to eat supper with us. So they said "Yes, they would do that" so, Rosie and I got things together and heated up the leftover chili we had the other night. We sent them on their way back...hope they don't figuratively or literally run into any wildlife on the way home.
Posted on: 2021/10/23 0:54

Resized Image

Matatk Re: FRIDAY 22 OCT
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Late post here.

TB, sounds like you've been enjoying yourself. Sorry to hear about your friends' electrical troubles but glad it wasn't worse. And even better is that it wasn't plumbing.

Gris, any shows this weekend?

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2021/10/23 3:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.