Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
230 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 2 DECEMBER 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2021/12/2 13:52

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 2 DECEMBER 2021
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

A SUNNY 40 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH, HEADED FOR 75 THEY SAY.
MAY BE A LITTLE BREEZY LATER. NICE WAY TO START DECEMBER.

STILL GOT 1ST OF THE MONTH THINGS TO DO, PLUS REPAIR OF CHAIN LINK GATE THE WONDERDOG TORE APART. THAT'S WHY HE GOT HIS NAME.

GOING TO DALLAS TOMORROW. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT :-|
Posted on: 2021/12/2 14:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 2 DECEMBER 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I've been loving this Florida weather the past few days. Lovely. Simply lovely. Vacation is closing in fast. A week from tomorrow we leave. Lots of home and pet prep needs to be done plus packing of course. We'll be off the grid pretty much on this cruise. Panama Canal plus stops in Limon, Costa Rica and Costa Maya, Mexico. Adios amigos.
Posted on: 2021/12/2 15:19

vetteblondie Re: 2 DECEMBER 2021
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Good morning, spring on tap today in Arkansas with a sunny sky and high of 72. It's already nice out. I wanted to take off today as I could get all the Christmas stuff done and have a little break in the sun out back to calm my mind. Matt, I emailed that lady 3 times yesterday and left two messages, on on the work phone and one on her cell. She finally responded on some of it. I have re emailed her with her corrections yesterday but nothing again. I figure I'll end up sitting here all day for nothing. I'm at 128 layers on her design and having to adjust and move crap is highly discouraged, which is why I wanted to know just how many kids we will be having on there and if we have them all. If not it's a HUGE PITA for me to rework. NO problem so long as she understands it's $65 an hour at this point. I've tried to be as nice as I can , and would rather not drag her husband into it if i can, but this is HIS new 2121 truck and he's jumping up and down after it. He simply doesn't undersand how all this works. He's one of those who thinks you can just drop something off unannounced and it be ready tomorrow without realizing we have other stuff already in progress that has to be done first and one like his , once design is approved takes several days to install. People watch too much CSI and body shop shows that make it look faster than it really is.
Tis the season for "entitled-minded" clients. Had a couple on the phone got snotty yesterday with me over business tint, that I have zero to do with, and he called to ask for the wrong person too. He doesn't understand that no one was available on a short week right before Thanksgiving when we're already short handed and finishing installs already on the books and scheduled. He thinks we need to drop $25,000 worth of work to do his $300 job. It dont' work like that
Ok, rant over, back to the Christmas festivities...
Posted on: 2021/12/2 15:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 2 DECEMBER 2021
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Sue deals with plenty of potential clients like that. She tells them stuff like ("This is the price. If you can't afford it then I'm not your girl.") I hear her say all the time "I don't know if I want to work for this person. They're a real pain in the ass." I often tell her that if they're a real pain in the ass add 10% to the job for putting up with them. lol
Posted on: 2021/12/2 16:25

teebee Re: 2 DECEMBER 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys, last couple of days has been crazy. Nice days here allows me to do a lot of stuff out and I've been taking advantage of that.
Posted on: 2021/12/3 4:16

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: 2 DECEMBER 2021
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Finished up this chest today. All from repurposed Mahogany lumber salvaged from a house remodel several years ago. the man is gibing it to his wife for their 60th wedding anniversary.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2021/12/3 4:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.