Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin.
Vacation was enjoyable. Visited with friends, fished on 4 of the days, enjoyed a great venison feast night, a grilled pizza night with other friends in Marathon, FL played Texas Hold Em one night. It was an enjoyable annual breakaway. On the not so good news side 3 of our friends were diagnosed with cancer related issues over the last year. One with leukemia, one with two brain tumors (one removed) and another with lung cancer for a guy that has never smoked. All are in their 60's and 70's. All are from Michigan. Sue is doing OK adjusting to the loss of her mom.
Took the boat out but like driving a car, it gives you a chance to identify problems. Bilge float switch quit working so I just did manual purges, hand held GPS digital screen is fading, hand held marine radio battery won't keep a charge, fixed marine radio needs a new antenna, need to replace the depth finder becasuse I rigged the transducer to work temporarily. It has a broken plastic mount. And the kicker, on the last day I spun the prop. That means I need a new hub in my propeller. "A boat is a hole in the water into which one pours money."
Sue's 911 ran great and we used it as a runabout. Plenty of work lies ahead at the house, the nursery, plus Sue added a few company honey do's. Never bored. Not me. Never bored.

Early post. My mind wouldn't let me sleep and I was up at 4:56.
Posted on: 2022/1/23 10:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  Evolution 1.jpg (44.88 KB)
852_61ed338c92e9d.jpg 526X523 px

jpg  evolution.jpg (15.17 KB)
852_61ed33bd867b9.jpg 600X335 px
Posted on: 2022/1/23 10:53

vetteblondie Re: SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning. Glad you had a nice vaca Tommy, sorry to hear about your friends issues though. Me and a gal pal was just talking about how smoking and things affect some but not others. Like a smoker can live a long life and no lung issues yet another who don't smoke can have what the smoker should've had. And yes, I'm sick of the coof too. Sick of seeing folks with it and very sick to death of it being in the news every five minutes and on my facebook feed and twitter and insta. I've managed to escape it I think. I do wonder. I did have a bacterial sinus infection and now its moved into my chest. feels like normal bronchitis, plus I've been stirring up dust the last few days deep cleaning here and at work. Doc calls it minor airway restrictive disease or seasonal/allergy induced asthma. Ive always had a horrific dust allery. 3 negative coof tests including pcr. I miss the says when you got a stuffy nose, went to get a decongestant and went on about your day.
Warming up here finally some supposed to be 35 today I think, the sun is out so that helps a ton. I'll get the breakfast started when Arron rolls outta the rack, and we may get out and hit the gym later on .
Posted on: 2022/1/23 15:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Welcome back, Tommy. I'd like to think I'm #5 in your picture but probably getting closer to #6...

Marcus, where are the pictures?

We got about 3" of snow overnight. I was just commenting Saturday morning about how all of the snow had melted. Not anymore. Kids went out and helped me do the driveway. We're supposed to get another 1-3" tomorrow. I hate snow but the plow guys could use the money. Tough for them this season.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/1/23 18:05

Ultraman Re: SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Pics will be posted when we get the truck back.... soon real soon....

just laying low today starting to get my game face on for the coming week....

have an enjoyable day Guru's
Posted on: 2022/1/23 18:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HOME AGAIN, SHOW WAS A WASH BUT DID GET A NICE 20 GA O/U FOR GRANDSON-IN-LAW. NOW I CAN REDEEM MY CHRISTMAS IOU :-)

I'LL TAKE THE TOMATO TO MUSKOGEE IN THE MORNING FOR MUFFLERS.
DW WILL FOLLOW ME OVER AND WE'LL HAVE BREAKFAST AT IHOP WHILE THEY DO THE MUFFLERS.

RIGHT NOW I'M READY FOR MY NAP.
Posted on: 2022/1/24 1:22

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: SUNDAY, sunday Chat 01.23.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys, slept in this morning, then went out to the shop to mess around. Just got out to the shop when my nephew (37 years old) called me. He and his mom were on their way to KC to go to the Chiefs game. Betty (mom and my older brothers' wife, said she was going to sell the house she and my brother bought back in 1980, just too much for her to try and take care of since my brothers passing. She is going to build a new house and asked me if I was interested in doing the cabinets. So we talked about that for a bit, then she asked me how my sister (old than me by 7 years) was doing in the hospital... "She's in the hospital?" Yes, didn't you know that? "No, I had no idea" .... CoVid. So decided to send her a text, not know if she could/would answer. She calls me profusely apologizing for not letting me know. Anyway she's doing pretty good and hopes to be released later this week. She promised to keep us informed daily.

Mid afternoon here was glorious.... sunny, warm and light breezes. so I decided to go down the street to the guy who had both feet amputated before Christmas and I installed the ramp for him, to re-level the platform and finish off the handrail where I had to cut it out so he could get on the porch from the platform in his motorized wheelchair. The platform had settled down (I was pretty sure it was going to) and needed to to be re-leveled with the porch. That took about an hour.

Taking care of the neighbors dogs the next couple days while they went down to New Mexico for a funeral. So went down and sat with the dogs while they ate this evening and then put them into the garage overnight...I'll go down and let them out in the morning.

Posted on: 2022/1/24 2:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.