Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
183 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 19 July
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2022/7/19 13:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 19 July
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Been AWOL the last couple of days. Busy Sunday with K of C meeting in the 'city'. Yesterday just got busy in the shop.

Still hot, working on the 9th day in a row of 100+ and the forecast is for 100+ for, at least, 7 more days. Could reach 110 today.

More inside work today...good thing
Posted on: 2022/7/19 13:24

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 19 July
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

BEHIND THE POWER CURVE THIS MORNING, DOG IS WONDERING WHERE I AM---

87/54% AT 0913 HRS, 105 PROMISED, I WON'T COMPLAIN IF THEY RENEGE ON THAT :-)

MAY MAKE A RUN TO TAHLEQUAH BEFORE IT GETS TOO HOT. SITUATION NORMAL HERE, THE USUAL COMPLAINTS FROM THE OLD FOLKS BUT WE'RE CONTINUING THE MARCH.

THE SEVEN YEARS WAR IS OVER, BRITS TOOK QUEBEC, HAVANA, MARTINIQUE, MANILA, FREDERIC THE GREAT WAS SAVED BY THE DEATH OF THE RUSSIAN EMPRESS. THEN GEORGE II DIED AND G-III SCREWED THE POOCH AND THEY LOST THE PEACE AND THE 13 COLONIES. THOUGHT I'D NEVER FINISH THAT BOOK, LIKE MOST CURRENT HISTORIES A MASS OF UNDIGESTIBLE AND UNNECESSARY DETAIL.

ENJOY YOUR DAY THE BEST YOU CAN.
Posted on: 2022/7/19 14:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 19 July
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday to me ........... No big deal. I celebrate life throughout the year.
Posted on: 2022/7/19 14:38

Matatk Re: 19 July
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Happy birthday Tommy. I didn't hear your name on the Phlash Phelps 100th bday shout outs though.

House ac continues to be a pia. Condenser was running the other day with no signal. So I turned it off, contactor switch was moving freely and had correct power. Swapped the start run capacitor and seemed to be ok. Did the same thing a few hours later. Checked the contactor again this morning and it was sticking after tstat was turned off. So I've got a new one coming tonight and I'll get that swapped in the morning. A lot of headache for an $8 part but that's how it goes. Better than a service call.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/7/19 17:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Had our pre cruise Covid test today. Whoo-hoo! Negative. Matt I would truly be amazed to see 100 . If you don't hear from me than you know all is not well. It's that or Andy didn't renew the site. Going for a quick 4 day cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas. Need a break.
Posted on: 2022/7/19 22:00

vetteblondie Re: 19 July
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Man I need a cruise or just something. Too much going on here lately. I swear I don't know where my weekends go. Worked on car some Saturday, Friday I went to gym, groceries and cleaned house some, vacuum took a dump, new power head ordered wont be here till Saturday. Matt to answer you, car will be done soon, mine gets worked on in between his otherjobs. He's a one man show and has a shop to run and wasnt really expecting all this, plus to save me some cash he's allowed us to do a lot of the work. I've worked at a bod shop before and Arron works for him some anyway so the brunt of sanding and dis/assembly we are doing. The last pieces, both bumper covers, mirrors and upper rear spoiler were painted yesterday so not long now. I still won't be drivng it as I need a windshield and stripes added and I'd like to at least get ceramic on there prior. we'r elooking for me a new daily driver , waiting on truck financier to let us know they got the payoff check. Sunday we took off to go junking and came back pretty much empty handed. Place we chose was outfreakingrageous on prices. Pyrex primary set here is $100 all day long but they wanted $250 so nothing really came home with me. Won't be back either. Had some errands Monday and then I shut phone off and sat in pool yesterday afternoon. Today at work I've not even been able to go to the bathroom when I need to and owner says this is the absolute busiest he's been ever for grahics, plus he also has commercial and residential tint. The auto tint guys next door are running their hind ends off. And of course everybody wants it yesterday and have been beyond rude about it. We're a small shop we can only do what we can do.
Posted on: 2022/7/19 22:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 19 July
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, spent most of the day staining the china cabinet. 108 was the high...106 now.

Funeral tomorrow at church (young man committed suicide), I don't really know the family, but father needs someone to lead Rosary and do the reading, so I'll be doing that tomorrow morning.
Posted on: 2022/7/19 23:01

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 19 July
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

that's a sad deal Tee..... such a waste.... how does one council that with the family.... damn... been working away at the fertilizer factory... we put up a canvas shade so at least we can sit in the shade while the machinery works..... F'n hot out....

more later as it happens....

Posted on: 2022/7/20 2:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ya, it's Vulcan hot.
Posted on: 2022/7/20 2:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.