Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 25 JULY 2022
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

THE BRAVE NEW DISNEY:

Attach file:

jpg  DIZ.jpg (55.59 KB)
12496_62de914e1eb5d.jpg 489X480 px
Posted on: 2022/7/25 12:49

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 25 JULY 2022
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WE ARE FAST RUNNING OUT OF JULY, BUT IT'S STILL SUMMER HERE. 80/65% AT 0751 HRS GOING FOR 103. THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT RAIN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE.

AUTO ROTATION DAY, TOMATO UP, BUT TOO DAMN HOT TO PUT THE TOP DOWN :-(

NEW EXPERIENCE FOR ME TODAY: GOING TO GET MY TOENAILS CUT. BETWEEN MY BACK AND HANDS THIS HAS BECOME A PROBLEM FOR ME. I'M VAGUELY EMBARRASSED BY THE VERY IDEA. THE JOYS OF OLD AGE---
Posted on: 2022/7/25 12:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 25 JULY 2022
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... a bit of rain last night... 1/10:, not much, but we'll take every drop and we are now in a pattern where we have some chance every day this week.

More work in the shop. Started on Marcs' project stripping the old finish off. It's a BIG old cabinet and will take some time to do, along with repairs. We'll work on that along with some other things.

#3 and family will be here next Sunday, then on Tuesday, #3 and SIL, #2 and SIL will go our to Colorado for a concert, they come back on Wednesday, grab the girls and head on home that day. We will be ready to follow them in the pickup and pulling the trailer to go move #1 granddaughter to Illinois on Friday. And on top of all that, Great granddaughter is going to make her appearance sometime soon.

Busy next 2 weeks for us.
Posted on: 2022/7/25 13:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 25 JULY 2022
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

...heck Gris.... get the whole spa day work over.... manicures and pedicures...some mud packs....and a deep muscle massage while listening to soft music...... you deserve it....

Kinda rainy here and cooler but someone forgot the rain...got a sprinkle of rain but we need much more then that...

saw an article on what they think is the C9 EV platform for the all EV Corvette..... does anyone really want an all electric Vette? what about winding it out on the on ramp as you run it up to 110 or so? the glorious sounds of the engine working away....to me that is a big part of the whole deal... not silence no matter how many horsepower you are making.... maybe the next gen owners will not need the sounds.. or Chevy will pipe a recording in the cab.... I think this one would work for me...

Posted on: 2022/7/25 15:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 25 JULY 2022
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I saw the bustle about an EV Vette. I'm out. I think it's stupid. Are EVs in general a bad idea? Mixed. I mean they use tons and tons of stuff to make one battery and it'd damaging to the environment. Nevermind the car will only last about 5 years then battery is shot and it costs more than the car to replace it, IF you can even get one. And all child/slave labor they use to get the stuff. Nope. And, they're not reliable on a trip. That one truck I just saw had to stop every 100 miles towing a car to recharge. I guess the government wants us all to stay home and not do cross country travels. All while they ride around in jets and suburbitanks. I need to quit while I'm ahead.
HOt here again, some rain chances next week till then I water best I can but it don't seem to be helping. Water hose water just isn't the best for yard or plants. The sprinkle we got a few days ago turned everything green again. My watering doesn't. All the crap in the water, chlorine and who knows what else.
Posted on: 2022/7/25 15:52

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 25 JULY 2022
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

..preach it Sister.... let it out.... we gonna take back dis country ya........

You may want to get a sample of the water run... if its city water it may have some chem in it but unless it has a lot of salt which I doubt if it does it should work on the grass.... takes at least an 1" of water a week and maybe more if its real hot and dry... most folks can't afford the water bills to keep it green...I run each station 30 minutes 4 days a week when the weather gets like this....

we are lucky to have our own well that we can irrigate with or we would have brown grass right now....
Posted on: 2022/7/25 17:41

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: 25 JULY 2022
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Cooled off a bit here, it's actually enjoyable. Just took the dog for a walk. I'm exhausted from the weekend. Getting up early three days in a row and a lot of physical stuff. I'm ready to go back to work to take a break

I would have to see the electric Vette before I make any judgement.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2022/7/26 1:15

TommyT-Bone Re: 25 JULY 2022
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

You can get pissed off at a lot of shit in a lifetime. in the end your stll gonna die.

Back from our mini cruiseof 4 days. It was enjoyable. Carnival rewarded us with a free cruise each. Sue has a balcony offer and I have an oceanview. (We only pay port fees and taxes.) Keeps us coming back for more.

Yup. Still gonna die.

Posted on: 2022/7/26 1:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.