Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
241 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SuperRam Intake System
Originally designed by John Lingenfelter at LPE and manufactured by Accell, the SuperRam was the 1st aftermarket intake to improve upon the stock lon...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY 26 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

HI EVERYBODY---

Attach file:

jpg  ALGORE2.jpg (76.47 KB)
12496_62dfdc11955f7.jpg 480X480 px
Posted on: 2022/7/26 12:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

AN EARLY START THIS MORNING, WENT TO BED AN HOUR EARLY, GUESS WHAT? WOKE UP AN HOUR EARLY :-o

82 ALREADY AT 0724 HRS WITH 61% HUMIDITY. GONNA BE 104 THEY SAY. AIN'T THAT NICE---

YESTERDAYS ACTIVITIES WERE DISRUPTED BY THE APPREHENSION OF THE ELUSIVE BARN COON. SHE IS NOW LIVING "ACROSS THE WIDE NEOSHO".

AND THERE WAS THE PEDICURE, MUCH ADO ABOUT TOENAIL TRIM, ELABORATE AND EXPENSIVE. VIETNAMESE GUY, BETWEEN FACE MASK AND ACCENT I COULDN'T TELL WHAT HE WAS SAYING MOST OF THE TIME. HE DID LIKE MY '87 THO---

DIDN'T GET THE CARS ROTATED, THAT WILL BE DONE TODAY. AND THAT WILL FULFILL TODAY'S REQUIREMENTS.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, Y'ALL.
Posted on: 2022/7/26 12:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys... well yesterday was one big pile of sh!t. All my plans got changed minutes after going out to the shop. Thought I was going to cut 5 boards, simple job. I made the first cut was fine. Went to the table saw to make the second cut and pushed the start button and all the saw did was "Hummmmm" then silent (kicked breaker) Try to spin the blade by hand and it's tight, check a few things out and determine the motor has to come off to go to a motor shop. This is NOT an easy chore. Cabinet I built under saw table extension has to be disconnected and moved, motor cover removed and dust cleaned out. Then bolts removed, a pin that the motor pivots on has to be pulled. Motor spins freely, so thinking it is a start/run capacitor, simple enough, but I decide it needs to be checked out by the motor shop (half hour away in the 'city'. To get this far has taken us 3 hours. With the motor out, I decide to check the arbor bearings...I have suspected they were getting bad, as when it gets cold, I hear a slight squeal on startup. Yup, they are BAD...not sure how they were even running as well as they were. Luckily for me, I anticipated they were needing replaced and ordered a new arbor/bearings kit last fall. Thinking this would be an easy swap, I think I'll swap this out before I run to the 'city' to drop off the motor. EASY swap? NO freaking way....limited space, inaccessibility and rust is holding everything tight. I finally get the arbor out and the bearing and spacer are almost welded to the arbor on the one end. So I start soaking the spacer (the only part still on there that I needed) with penetrating oil. soak it for more than an hour, try, no go, soak and sit, try no go. Put a little heat to it, no go. Decide to let it soak while I run to the 'city' to drop motor and when I come back it will 'fall apart'.
When I get tot the 'city' I have three choices in motor shops, all within three blocks of each other, so stop at the first one "Our tech is out on lunch and we don't usually do 'small motors'" This is a 60lb 3hp motor, they deal mostly with 100-150hp motors. So I stop at the next one, locked up tight for lunch (I guess). So head to the third one, the guy in there is a flunky, but says they'll look at it 'sometime'. I say is the boss out for lunch? Yes. Will he be back soon? Should be. OK I'll be back. So I go down to the grocery store and call Rosie, "do you need anything?" No not really. So we go back down to wait for the 'boss' sit there for almost an hour, finally go in and ask the flunky if the boss is coming back. Sometimes he doesn't come back until closing time....so I told him I was taking the motor and going back down the street. So back to stop 2 and they are open and the tech there looked quickly aat it and says he'll look at it...in 2 or 3 days. So we run back home to find the spacer and bearing still tight. My puller wouldn't budge it. So I decide to take it to the parts store to see if they can press it off....nope, but came up with a solution that would work. Then went down to where #2 works (County road and bridge shop) and her boss (former student) says let me try, and within a few minutes has it off. So we go home and are able to put the thing back together. Just in time for me to go out to mens night golf, which was not too good this week.

Weather is predicted to be much cooler this week.
Posted on: 2022/7/26 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Being a little older now I have a lower tolerance for sh!tstorms. Not that I can do anything about them. Sh!t happens. My mechanic told me awhile back that working on a car is nothing more than working on a puzzle. In all my life I never thought of it that way but since he told me that I have taken an entirely different approch to mechanical issues. Organize the pieces and remember the order of disassembly. You tube and google have been great resources but beware, some of them take steps that don't need to be taken and making the job harder than what it really is. Thunder and lightning with rain today. My back is on the mend. It's been hurting bad the past several days. Taking it easy today.

Good thing I came home yesterday when I did. The pond UV housing exploded at a coupler shooting out like a fire hose. The pond had drained by about half when I woke up from my nap. Shut down the pump. My repair failed. Have new part on order to be in later this week. I have aerators keeping them alive till later this week when the part comes in. (hopefully). Past experience and major fish kills have taught me how to minimize my losses. So far only lost a number of small fry that were trapped in plant pots. My Koi are hanging in there. Like I said, good thing I was here because my petsitter would have been at a total loss, and so would I.
Posted on: 2022/7/26 18:19

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Oh wow, sorry yall for the shitstorms. I am not very good at putting up with stress and BS either. I just can't. And now, after a nice relaxing afternoon in the pool yesterday, which was sorely needed - came into an entire hallway full of dog pee. She's 16 going on 17 and I guess is starting to have issues. This is about the 5th time this has happened. She knows when she has to go and will ask to go out but once in a while, she gets up from her bed and heads toward the hall walking and pissing and comes back tracking it everywhere. Problem is, we have wood floor and it's ruined it. It already needs replaced but now it reallllly does. I have spent 12 years taking care of crap and I seriously need to get back to my own self and for the moment I'm sick of taking care of other living things. I need a break. I had a meltdown. So now I will peruse Amazon and look for dog diapers. Ugh.
Lot going on at the office today, owner will have a stroke if crap don't slow down. Same here - I'm either bored or overwhelmed. Ya'll try to have a better day
Posted on: 2022/7/26 18:47

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I dread the day when I'll be pissing my way to the bathroom .....

Anticipating a response from Matt .... Like, Tommy you have to sit down to pee? We don't have a pissing emoticon.
Posted on: 2022/7/26 20:35

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

well......sounds like hell has come calling on some of yous.... and I am still going around with State Farm and with our medical insurance of which I think we may have things starting to work out..... I have been very pleasant and have waited until I am about a block away to yell the F word as loud as I can....

My wife the wizened Doc goes to the phone store and is in and out before you know it. She has a gal she works with that has pink hair and tats and nose rings..... you know the type.... Doc has treated her nice when she is in there and she gets stuff done fast..... Nose rings told her everyone is always pissed off when they are in the phone store..... no chit...I usually am.... so from now on.... it's all about the nice...which is going to be difficult for me to do when I have to deal wid idiots... I mean young millennia's.....who think they know everything...

have a most wonderful fulfilling day Guru's...... Kumbia My Lord Kumbia....
Posted on: 2022/7/26 22:08

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Posted on: 2022/7/26 22:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  nose ring.jpg (79.72 KB)
852_62e0855fdc03e.jpg 1024X768 px
Posted on: 2022/7/27 0:23

teebee Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, did get some good news. I did order a new motor off eBay last night, with thoughts of it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a spare on hand. Bad news is, they list for $1100. Found one on eBay "new, open box" for $635 + $88 shipping and $50 some odd in tax. $777 total. Originally, expected to be here next Wednesday, just got notice it will be here Friday....That works. I should be back to "normal" in short time. Still will have the other repaired and in the wings ready to go in case I need it.

In other GOOD news, it is RAINING here. REAL RAIN! Don't know how much it is dropping but the sound of thunder and the smell is undoubtedly like Heaven.

Delivered the china cabinet today. The lady loved it. After getting it set up, She said "Oh, I need to get my checkbook and pay you." She looks at my bill and says "Can I make it out for more than this?" ... Ah, sure. So when we get into the pickup I look at the check and she's given me almost $400 more than the bill. That more than makes up for the lady that bitched about the $100 charge for spending 8 hours on the conversion of the double bed into a queen.

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2022/7/27 0:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY 26 JULY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

that's a beautiful cabinet. I'm sorry about the other lady, I can't stand people like that. Hot here again today, but we are supposed to be on a cooling trend. Truck payoff is complete so my search is on for me a daily driver. I've chosen to look for a 2014-2017ish Range Rover Sport with supercharged V8. I'd like one with all the packages, bells and whistles as I'll be driving it till it falls apart around the wheels. This will be my daily driver plus trip vehicle for beach runs, what I drive in snow and bad weather etc. I want it to go fast when it needs to and have all the creature comforts since it will be driven the most. And I absolutely cannot handle vehicle body roll and the dynamic package these come with counters that - all the reasons for my choice. I'm looking for black on black sittin on 22's, interior color is optional but they have a white interior they call ebony/ivory that I like. I've also seen one that's exterior is burnt orange I kinda dig. If any of you sees one at a good price, heads up appreciated.
I'm off to try and get a transit van approved and then onto a food truck. I like Mexicans and their food and culture but having to deal with them on vehicle wraps is horrible. I don't know what it is, they never can make their mind up and drag stuff out then want all kinds of junk for free. Had a van approved last week, printed that same day then come back and not like it and want to change stuff and couldn't understand using 12 linear feet of material plus my time and install would not be a freebie. Wasn't my fault that it didn't make him happy, he let his wife approve it. once I have an approval it's on them after that. If he's not printed yet I can sometimes catch and pull order and redo but this time, it went through fast and was already printed for 2 days before she wanted it changed. Then I was accused of 'playing games' wtf.
Posted on: 2022/7/27 14:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.