Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Liter
Metric unit of measure. In the case of engine displacement, it measures the total volume of all combustion chambers. Therefore in a 5.7L V8, each cha...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Eagle223usa 1995 owners. Any body know where this connects to?
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

It's on a heater line above the steering shaft. Thanks!
Posted on: 2022/8/22 14:53

Eagle223usa Re: 1995 owners. Any body know where this connects to?
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

The picture didn't post. It's a vacuum line on the heater line above the steering shaft.
Posted on: 2022/8/22 14:59

Matatk Re: 1995 owners. Any body know where this connects to?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

You'll have to resize your photo to get it to load, then we can see what you're looking at.
Posted on: 2022/8/22 15:08

bogus Re: 1995 owners. Any body know where this connects to?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

yea... we have a 1mb limit.

1995? heater hose? that's all on the passengers side.

power steering is on the left, AC goes over the top and heads to the passengers side.
Posted on: 2022/8/22 16:21

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Copy that.
Posted on: 2022/8/23 10:00

Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Test

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_20220822_104925251_copy_1200x1600.jpg (478.83 KB)
757_6304b3f2a48ba.jpg 1200X1600 px
Posted on: 2022/8/23 11:04

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

emissions.

It is part of the evap/egr system. Not cooling. Not with those wuss assed clamps!
Posted on: 2022/8/23 16:32

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

upon reflection, this is the evap system. It runs from a valve gang under the ASR servo, and vents fuel vapours into the charcoal canister.

you see, evap emissions are a real problem. As gas evaporates, it is a hard core pollutant. And this is a simple way to pressurize the fuel system and capture and burn off the vapours. This makes an epic impact on emissions, without effecting performance.
Posted on: 2022/8/25 16:07

Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Ah, copy that Bogus... So, does it attach to a vacuum line anywhere? I have to be honest with you Bogus, I could really care less about emissions. Just more regulation from an out of control special interest agency, it's main purpose appears to be to bankrupt the U.S. and infringe on peoples freedoms...
Posted on: 2022/8/26 11:53

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Chill on the special interests...

The reality is very real. Gasoline, as it sits, is a toxic material. It is made up of unchained hydrocarbons and as such, is a known atmospheric toxin. The average lawnmower will leach more gas vapour into the atmosphere in a day than a car will in a month... or some stupid statistic like that.

A vintage car will absolutely pollute more with a full tank of gas in it, just sitting there, not running, than a modern car will driving... I don't remember the ratio off hand, but the numbers are mind boggling.

I have stated this before, but I do live in Los Angeles. I have seen pollution first hand and it lives in the basin.

You see, LA is basin. There are mountains on the north, east and south sides, and a cold ocean, with an ever present inversion layer, to the west. This keeps the area stuck in it's own air for long periods of time. The native indigenous population called LA the "great smoky valley" even 200 years ago, because of the way the smoke hung in the air.

Back in about 1968, after SMOG was first identified and named, they put air filters on the roofs of tall buildings in downtown LA. These filters were white things with slats and a thick white filter paper inside. They captured particulate emissions.

After 1 day - ONE DAY - they were pitch black.

Fast forward to 1983 (or so), and those same filters could sit up there for 90 days and turn just a light shade of off grey. Improvement. Yes, it had its cost, but the benefits are worth it.

The reality? The simple act of adding the PCV to an engine cut emissions by a real percentage and didn't effect performance one damned bit. EGR, same thing. And it helps cut down on knock, win-win. The real ding was the early catalytic converter, those things were junk and sucked power like a cheap hooker. Add in the drop in compression ratios, the change in horsepower ratings, and yes, the regulations sucked...

However, tech caught up making modern hot rods impressive as hell... You can walk into your local Dodge dealer and walk out with a 700hp sedan that still gets 20mpg on the highway, for not insane money. Deals exist on used Corvette Z06's, where you can get 505hp, 24 mpg highway, for under $40k!!! And it's daily drivable. Insane in the membrane...

1948, or so, the steel industry in Pittsburgh was polluting the air so bad that it left the city cast in permanent midnight. And don't forget when the Monongalia river caught fire! Look it up.

I am not some leftist tree hugger, but I am a realist and I like to breath clean air and drink clean water. That requires thoughtful regulation.

So, if you want to breath clean air, think before you let some conspiracy theories or neo-NAZI propaganda confuse the issue.

As for the emissions part, yes, there is a vacuum line. As I said, the valve array is under the ASR servo. There are a couple of lines that feed it and come off the left side of the intake. You should see a couple of 1/8" hard lines, and some soft lines, down below the A/C compressor, heading to an area below the ASR servo. Not hard to follow, just be careful what you disconnect and what you connect, I think those lines also feed the ductwork inside the car.
Posted on: 2022/8/26 19:32

Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Wow.
Posted on: 2022/8/27 12:48

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Is that a good "wow" or a bad "wow"?
Posted on: 2022/8/28 3:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.