Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
206 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NCM
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 4 OCTOBER 2022
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7623 Posts

GOOD MORNING---

If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four U.S. presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.
Posted on: 2022/10/4 13:21

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7623 Posts

ANOTHER FINE FALL MORNING, 59 DEGREES, CLEAR AD CALM.

LEFT HARVEY AT THE SHOP TO CHECK OUT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. I HOPE THIS IS NOT ONE OF THESE OFF AND ON PROBLEMS YOU CANT DIAGNOSE TILL IT BLOWS UP.

MEANWHILE, THE TOMATO IS OUT AND IT'S TOP DOWN WEATHER :-)

TIME TO LET THE DOG RUN---
Posted on: 2022/10/4 13:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4640 Posts

good morning Gris - beautiful day here also, supposed to be like this for another week or two. Still no rain here, burn bans have been put in place statewide now. Of course that don't apply to farmers. It's illegal for you to burn your leaves in a contained barrel but it's quite allright for that farmer to set fire to 200 acres at once which could easily spread to trees and other people's property.
Have another ambulance to wrap, and supposed to have a smart car and a small bus brought in, kinda hoping the latter two come tomorrow as I have enough for today with the ambulance. I can reuse the cab and front upper from the last one but the rest of the box is completely different so new templates for those then proof.
Yall have a good day.
Posted on: 2022/10/4 14:41

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Time is closing in fast on our cruise Oct 15th. Broke out the suitcases. Sue's trying desperately to save the kittens. Out of 6 3 have passed. She has been bottle feeding them kitten formula. She brought one that was struggling to the vet this morning and it died in his hands. Didn't charge Sue anything. They do a lot of visits gratis for her bedcause they know she is active in animal rescue. Interestingly she cries when one dies. Yesterday in the back yard Schatzie, the rottie mix, trapped a rainbow agama (lizard) with her paw. When she lifted the lizard ran and Sue stomped on it's head and killed it. I asked Sue why she killed the lizard and she said " I'll kill every one of those bastards." They're invasive. There is an iguana in the back yard that just looks at me and doesn't run when I'm in the back yard. I call him Iggy. Iggy Pop. These poor critters didn't ask to be here. They're here because of irresponsable pet owners that either set them free or they escaped. Now they're everywhere. Morning and evening temps here have been nice.

Here is a pic of Sue feeding a kitty.

Attach file:

jpg  1000000009.jpg (16.92 KB)
852_633c4e70eb16b.jpg 256X256 px
Posted on: 2022/10/4 15:09

Ultraman Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14727 Posts

...yeah we don't have no lizards roaming around up here... something about the winter that is not good for dem.

Went over and took my CDL physical today and passed it. So I'm good to go for another year....

Rode the bike over and it was a bit chilly this morning but had my coat and stuff on.....

working on the greenhouse this afternoon..... won't be long until the freeze warnings start up....

keep chugging along Guru's.....
Posted on: 2022/10/4 18:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

All the kittens have died. They were really sick and the vet put the last two down this afternoon. Sue of course was very sad about it. I didn't have as much emotionally invested. Not that I'm pleased with it either.
Posted on: 2022/10/5 0:00

teebee Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys, been a busy few days here. Trying to catch up from the days we took off last week. Monday, I went out to hang kitchen cabinets for a lady building an addition on her daughters' house. Base cabinets were in but Home Depot has no idea where thee uppers are or when they might show up. But the countertop guys are coming to measure Friday, so I had to get the base in, and then modifying and adding in a cabinet to the end of the base run. Built a custom countertop for the bathroom and a small cabinet to go underneath. Also, the chest of drawers I started a couple weeks back, got some attention today. Built the drawers, dovetailing the fronts/backs and sides. Getting close to finishing the construction of that.

Weather has been warmer than normal, Sunday and Monday, today much cooler and it started off this morning drizzling. Going to be cool tonight, lows in the upper 40s, highs in the mid 70s the next few days.
Posted on: 2022/10/5 1:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: 4 OCTOBER 2022
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Sorry about the kittens, Tommy. Glad you're fit, Marc. Hope the Check Engine light is an easy fix, Gris.
Posted on: 2022/10/5 1:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.