Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Launch of December
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin.

Saw this tragic story and somehow related it to our chats.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm ... ead-church-174232098.html
Posted on: 2022/12/1 13:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Launch of December
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Loss of another. Christine McVie, 79.

Posted on: 2022/12/1 13:30

GRIS Re: Launch of December
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

ANOTHER COLD MORNING IN THE NATIONS, 34 AT TAHLEQUAH GOING FOR 51, ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER WIZARDS.

FIXING TO TAKE THE BUMBLEBEE OVER TO MUSKOGEE TO CHECK OUT THE FRONT END. DARLING WIFE WILL FOLLOW ME OVER AND WE WILL BREAKFAST AT JIMMY'S EGG OR IHOP.

BIG JEWELRY SALE THIS EVENING, I'LL TRY TO SCORE SOME CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR THE GIRLS.

ALWAYS FORWARD GURUS!
Posted on: 2022/12/1 14:01

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Launch of December
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...chilly again this morning, but the south winds staerted blowingearly promising to bring warmer air in.

Tommy, that is odd about the priest. I've heard stories about lathes. I had a friend who had a student die after a lathe accident. He was turning a large bowl and the blank came loose from the faceplate flew off and hit him in the chest causing his heart to stop, couldn't get it going again.

Got to go to church. Another funeral...the wife of our friend who died in August. She fell and died the next day. But no matter what the death cert says, she died of a broken heaart.....

Got to go.
Posted on: 2022/12/1 15:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Launch of December
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Cold is the word of the day. Not sickness related but it sure makes me sick. 18* as it sits. No snow right now, though. I did stock up on salt the other day in preparation so probably won't need it for a while. You're welcome.

Letty, were you able to get the photos you needed?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/12/1 15:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Talking about weather, it's a mirror forecast for the upcoming week. 83* high with around a 73* low. Perfect for me would be 75* high and a 65* low. I'm waiting.
Posted on: 2022/12/1 16:24

bogus Re: Launch of December
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Death by lathe? Sounds gruesome.

Sad about Christine McVie. Lovely artist. I have used this metaphor a few times.... The George Harrison of Fleetwood Mac, not the most prolific, but what she did write was magic.

Happy December... Been chilly here. Chance of rain, about 60F today.
Posted on: 2022/12/1 16:42

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Ultraman Re: Launch of December
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Sunny and windy should get into the 40's..... just doing my thing..... I need a project.... the shop is all cleaned up the tools in place.... I need to do a few things to the 56 but most of those require an upholsterer... Bikes are done....... hmmm.... better call my Cuz up in Big Sky and see if he is ready to sell his C5 yet...... that would be a nice project....

I was in 8th grade woodworking making a lamp on the lathe when the kid behind me who was making a bowl cut to deep and the rim of the bowl came off the base and flew apart....missed me by inches but hit my machine..... Mr. Greenough our shop teacher was not pleased....I remember him paddling kids who misbehaved with one of his famous hardwood paddles with the holes drilled in it so no air pressure would build up on the downswing..... I was perfect of course and never got in trouble.... we still use my projects to this day in the house..... the breadboards and the big fruit bowl I made for my Mom and now we have them. The fruit bowl is filled with snacks... I love a good snack......

Keep it up Guru's
Posted on: 2022/12/1 18:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Talking about weather, it's a mirror forecast for the upcoming week. 83* high with around a 73* low. Perfect for me would be 75* high and a 65* low. I'm waiting.

...feeling bad for you Tommy T........... Not!
Posted on: 2022/12/1 18:14

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Posted on: 2022/12/1 18:16

vetteblondie Re: Launch of December
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Hate to hear that about MvVie. So many of the artists and such from before are dying. That story about the preacher is horrible, bless them all. you just never know.
Marcus, the client did hire a photographer with a professional camera to take photos but they were still too grainy to use. This will be seen up close so it needs to be clear at 14 feet wide. I don't know anyone that has a camera of that high pixel caliber. Someone that shoots for large posters and such maybe but none of that is around here. What I did yesterday was a last resort. A combination of many images can produce a larger whole image that one single shot. And I can stitch together in photoshop. But the large size that he wants this thing to be I just don't see it happening. My "pieces" are better but it will be a sh*t ton of work and very time consuming. It will take me hours. I'd just rather not. I need to call him and let him come see my assembled parts to see what he wants to do. He wants to put the car up for the winter which will not be where I can get any more photos of it. my only other option is to look online and try to find someone that has shot one at a size that would reproduce this large and try to buy digital rights. Not the first time I've had to for other things. It would help if there was one in an online art service but I've not found one.
Very cold here today and being out in it yesterday so long I think caused my croup I have to suffer a setback. Rather not be here today but have stuff to do. Need to be here tomorrow too to get caught up but if he dont' want to fork over the cash I won't be here.
Posted on: 2022/12/1 20:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I still have a small table I made in shop class. I messed up the middle on the lathe so I turned out about a 6 inch circle out of the center and inlaid a peice of mahogany or walnut. I'll have to ask tee what it is. LOL Got a good grade for my effort.
Posted on: 2022/12/1 23:52

teebee Re: Launch of December
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I've made a few things in shop class Made quite a few things on lathes...I love turning on the lathe. In high school, Rosie was pretty good turning things on the lathe as well.

Tommy, I'll guess Mahogany... it was less expensive back then. Walnut has always been expensive. I always gave good grades for effort.
Posted on: 2022/12/2 3:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.