Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
215 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SuperRam Intake System
Originally designed by John Lingenfelter at LPE and manufactured by Accell, the SuperRam was the 1st aftermarket intake to improve upon the stock lon...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7617 Posts

GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2023/1/17 14:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TUESDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7617 Posts

CALM, COLS AND SEMI-SUNNY, 42 ON THE FRONT PORCH, 68 THE HOPED FOR HIGH.

THE TOMATO WOULDN'T START YESTERDAY SO CARS DIDN'T GET ROTATED. THE WRENCHMEISTER'S APPRENTICE IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE A HOUSE CALL TODAY, I THINK IT'S FUEL RELATED, WE SHALL SEE---

CLEARED UP THE UNDER PAYMENT WITH THE TIRE GUY; HE WAS RIGHT HAPPY I CAUGHT IT AND PAID UP :-)

TIME TO FEED THE WONDERDOG---
Posted on: 2023/1/17 14:43

teebee Re: TUESDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12358 Posts

Hey guys, up and around, packed and ready to head east. Going to KC. Tomorrow the GGD has her first surgery to fix the cleft lip. The palette has to wait until she's 18months old, and then, that will be the first of several to repair as she grows.

Chilly start, but close to 'normal' with highs in the mid to upper 40s...again 'normal' for the middle of January.
Posted on: 2023/1/17 16:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14723 Posts

..prayers for the GGD that all goes well Teeb.....

I also had a Gris moment...the HD dealer is servicing Carman Electra Glide and getting it ready for the summer runs.... they called and said they were so sorry that the wrench working on it had accidentally dropped the key fob and barrel keys on the tank and put a small nick in it.... and that they would send the tank back to HD and HD would repaint the tanks.... I said send me a picture... so he did and I called back expressing my outrage and then told them I was only kidding.... I had put that ding in it when I was putting on the drink holder on the handlebars..... much relief and happiness at HD....and a vow to cut my bill and use some touchup paint to fix my ding....I told them not to worry about it..... I had a WWGD moment...(what would Gris do)

very nice day here today but hang on the other shoe to drop tomorrow as a winter storm has potential to drop 12" of now on us..... I figured as much as I just washed the Duramax.... geez

Go forth and be honest Guru's......
Posted on: 2023/1/17 17:12

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33754 Posts

Woke up at 04:30 but I went to bed at 09:30 so I'll be OK. Had a delivery in the Keys again this morning. Woke up to the high 40's and is currently 75. Start the day with jean pants on andchange into jean shorts. That's how we do it in SoFlo. I was feeling like doing some investing today so I picked up some microchip tech stocks. I bought MU QCOM and AMAT. Holding off on NVDA as they already had a little run up. Wait for a dip in the action and then pick up a few shares. Can't make any money with it just sitting in the bank. I jumped in back in March 2019 and my overall return is over 20% but I had 3 companies beat the living shite out of me with losses of over 85%. So that 20+% ahead has already accounted for a couple of dismal investment failures. What is it they say: It's better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all. Or something like that. What I invested today was some of Sue's money I had sitting in savings. She said why haven't you invested it? And I told her she didn't want me to invest if there was a chance I could lose money. Had to get her to understand there is risk in stocks. No guts, no glory. Rule of thumb. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Posted on: 2023/1/17 17:31

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14723 Posts

...I'm thinking it would be more fun to invest in a new C8 then drive the dog out of it while you still can.... F the stock market..... at my age if it goes to crap then I don't have the luxury of waiting 10 years to come back...... Or maybe a pristine C2 Corvette....that would never lose a lot..... the one sure thing in life is you can't take it wid you.....
Posted on: 2023/1/17 19:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4637 Posts

Good afternoon, prayers for the baby Tee hope all goes well.
Marcus that was nice of you to help the folks out at HD. Anybody else would've just let it ride so to speak. Honesty is the best policy.
I got my investment report in the mail over the weekend, I'm losing too. I didn't have much to start with and losing 12% so far pisses me off. FJB. Something has to give. Yes I can wait a bit but rather not.
Not too busy at work today, dude with semi is now mad at who he went to after he came to me. He badmouthed me when I tried my best to help and offer a solution and talked over an hour with him. Now guess what? Yep, he and his crew were in a meeting for an hour with me this morning. Work will get RE-done here, after all. Hoping for a quiet rest of the day.
Posted on: 2023/1/17 21:05

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33754 Posts

2022 was a kiler year in the market. Lots of people lost money. It's an averages game over a period of time or day trade if you like to gamble. I'm just tired of getting literally pennies on a savings account. Not C-8 money. More C-5 money. I have my checking, savings and investment account linked so I can pull from one and put it in the other. But I'm long term on the investments over a couple of years. My losses offset my gains but really it's only entertainment, like gambling. Something to try and offset some of the effects of inflation. I don't have the balls to risk big money. No way I'm going broke at this stage of the game. Money in the bank is still money in the bank, even though inflation takes a bite out of it. Mid 50's Chevys are like an investment. Right?
Posted on: 2023/1/17 23:55

GRIS Re: TUESDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7617 Posts

YOU ALL MUST UNDERSTAND THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAS VAGUS AND THE STOCK MARKET: IN LAS VAGUS GOOD-LOOKING WOMEN BRING YOU WHISKEY WHILE YOU LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

:-)
Posted on: 2023/1/18 0:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33754 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

YOU ALL MUST UNDERSTAND THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAS VAGUS AND THE STOCK MARKET: IN LAS VAGUS GOOD-LOOKING WOMEN BRING YOU WHISKEY WHILE YOU LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

:-)

I knew there was a reason I prefer going to Hard Rock, Hollywood. Gambling and the stock market have one thing in common. You put your assets at risk. Like I said though, I'm a lowball gambler and a lowball stock investor. You should never put money into play that you can't afford to lose.

Attach file:

jpg  Hard Rock.jpg (182.06 KB)
852_63c74498ba22d.jpg 1200X799 px
Posted on: 2023/1/18 1:00

Matatk Re: TUESDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Sorry I haven't checked in, been busy. Hope the surgery goes well, TB.
Posted on: 2023/1/18 1:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.