Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Ours was good, spent time with the family and ate way too much.

Weather was beautiful yesterday and I took the Corvette out for the first voyage of the season. Ran flawlessly so I was happy.

Did the spark plugs in the Accord yesterday with the assistance of RR#2. He was semi interested. Trying to get him interested in something other than video games.

Should be another nice day here.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2023/4/11 11:27

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

NICE DAY HERE TOO, CLEAR, CALM, 50 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH. 74 THE PREDICTED HIGH AND THE WIND WILL PICK UP A BIT THEY SAY.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY. THIS COULD BE THE FIRST TOP-DOWN DAY OF THE YEAR :-)

ALWAYS FORWARD, Y'ALL
Posted on: 2023/4/11 12:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Ya...81 degrees here today wid sunny blue skies.... is this Florida? The problem is the cedar tree pollen is kicking my allergies into high gear.... pills not helping so much... only lasts a couple of weeks but with the wind we have had and the dry conditions it's especially bad this year....

So the best first days of the year and I'm inside because of pollen.... wth.......

Keep up doing whatever Guru's....
Posted on: 2023/4/11 14:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Allergies suck. Count me in on the pollen crowd. November/December seems to be the worst time of year for my allergies though. Weather here is wet. Supposed to be through the week till Friday. Dottie the pig hasn't been feeling well. The vet is coming by tomorrow to take a look. She is 11 years old now. Her sister passed away a couple of years ago from cancer. Hope the vet has some answers. ... I've been aching from my arthritis lately. My back hasn't been in the right position in a couple of months. Pain routinely wakes me in the morning. (Let's me know I'm alive.) Fortunately I get between 6-8 hours of sleep on most nights so at least I can function. Fatigued though I try to keep busy despite of it. I've been in pain from arthritis for 4 decades. Every once and awhile I get a reprieve and get a month or two of a relatively pain free life but those times are rare. I'm not enjoying the cars or the boat as frequently as I once did. Seems like I always have something that needs to be done. Calling somebody in wouldn't help much. I'd have to wait for them to show up and then be here while they work. Might as well just do it myself most of the time. Enough of the moanin and groanin. Doesn't make it get any better. Hope you find what's ailing you, Letty. Getting older beats the alternative, I think.
Posted on: 2023/4/11 17:02

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon. Still at the hospital, supposed to be going home . Doc will get me set up in couple weeks to get kidney removed he said. He feels some horrific hip pain is what got me here and the mass on my kidney was an unfortunate accidental find. At least found now and not later. Mass is 6cm she showed me the scan last night.
Been beautiful weather here, wished I could be out in it. If they let me out early enough I will go home and lounge. Supposed to have soup and grilled cheese coming so they might as well wait
Posted on: 2023/4/11 17:30
Edited by vetteblondie on 2023/4/11 18:09:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Holy moly VB....that is not good... will put you on our prayer list and will be praying for it all to work out well for you....
Posted on: 2023/4/11 18:21

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, warm here today too.

Heard about your problem on FB, Letty. Praying for a good outcome.

Haven't accomplished much the last 2 days. Yesterday, a track meet... a beautiful day for it, mid-upper 70s and very light breezes. Today a little work in the shop before a friend, member of our church came over needing some 'computer help'. The computer in question was FiTech fuel injection unit for his 58 Impala.... He was sent an update file for it and couldn't make heads or tails for what to do. Four hours, 2 calls to FiTech tech support and 3 emails later I got it where he could get things going. Wanted to pay me, but I told him "No". Just a few minutes ago, he came back and had an old woodworking bar clamp and gave it to me, saying "I saw the sign in your shop," (my 'You can never have too many clamps') "and thought you may as well have this one." An antique bar clamp, he said "was always in the way"

I'm seeing a Dr in Wichita Thursday about my shoulders, just having a few issues with them. Was having issues with all my joints, then had a friend tell me about what his 'Cholesterol' medicine was causing similar issues and he stopped using it and his issues cleared up. So I stopped 2 weeks ago and hips and knees have improved dramatically, but shoulders not so much.

Posted on: 2023/4/11 21:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

..OMG...we're falling apart..... damnation.....
Posted on: 2023/4/11 22:51

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 04.11.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WE'RE ALL PULLING FOR YOU, LETTY. WISH YOU THE BEST!
Posted on: 2023/4/11 23:52

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.