Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SMC
Sheet Molded Compound.

This is the material that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It's similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The onl...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY 9.V.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7584 Posts

HI EVERYBODY
Posted on: 2023/5/9 13:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: TUESDAY 9.V.23
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Tuesday, Gris. Hope everyone had a good start to the week. I noticed that the speakers in the Camaro didn't sound very good. I started inspecting them yesterday and found that they had already been replaced with good quality aftermarket speakers. The problem is that they left the factory amp in place which runs at a different impedance so they sound like crap. Guess I have to rewire everything. I'm not really looking forward to that but it is what it is.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2023/5/9 13:50

GRIS Re: TUESDAY 9.V.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7584 Posts

AN UNEXPECTEDLY PRETTY MORNING, CLEAR, CALM, 71. 86 THE PREDICTED HIGH, LOW ORDER RAIN CHANCE THIS AFTERNOON.

CONGRATS ON THE 40TH, MARCUS!

GREAT YOU'RE FEELING BETTER LETTY.

YESTERDAY WAS A CLUSTERFK. MOWER WOULDN'T START, BATTERY OR STARTER SEEMED LIKE. AFTER A WHILE, BEFORE CALLING FOR REPAIR PICKUP, I TRIED IT AGAIN. IT STARTED, SO I THOUGHT I'D MOW WHILE IT WAS RUNNING. GROUND WAS STILL A LITTLE MUDDY, POOR TRACTION, HIGH CENTERED ON A BIG TREE ROOT. HAD TO GO GET THE ARGO TO PULL IT OFF. THEN WITH PART OF THE YARD UNCUT IT SPUTTERED AND DIED. WOULD NOT START; IT'S SITTING DERELICT WAITING FOR PICKUP.

WAS NICE ENOUGH TO OPEN THE HOUSE UP, BUT THEN GOT SO HUMID I TURNED THE AC ON.

DOG ID FED, I'M NEXT. IF THE RAIN HOLDS OFF I'LL TAKE HARVEY TO MUSKOGEE FOR AN OIL CHANGE.

YESTERDAY WAS MONDAY ALL DAY LONG :-(
Posted on: 2023/5/9 13:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY 9.V.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I'm taking my 08 Toro riding mower in today also.... it's not charging the battery when its running.... I had a new engine put in a few years ago when the OEM engine gave up with a bang... they tried to get me to buy a newer model but I did not like them as well.... to many safety items.....

kinda cloudy and looking like rain so I better get moving.... don't get fooled again Guru's.......

hmmmm....that reminds me of a song......
Posted on: 2023/5/9 15:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY 9.V.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Posted on: 2023/5/9 15:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY 9.V.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning, kinda overcast here today, stormed unexpectedly last night, keeps us from having to water stuff. I think disaster was in the water for everyone yesterday it surely was a long screwed up Monday. Arron tried to take bike to work and it quit on him, got it going and came home to get the truck. then fixed a truck for customer, took it for test drive and it started pouring oil, not anything to do with what he was working on. So new repair for that one too, delaying him on the next one who has a new vette and wanted to be a 'waiter". He said eff it, he came home for lunch. I don't understand ppl who want to 'wait' especially on a lunch hour. Those guys are busy on scheduled jobs and they need a break too. Entitled minded I guess. and all day here anything I touched hit the floor, and I really can't pick stuff up just yet. Then, opened my cabinet door to find a shit load of ants in there. WtF. also needed him home to help me with stuff and one dude insisting on a key fob repair, knowing our situation kept arron from getting here till 8 then I was mad. I need his help here I don't care about someone's stupid key fob. And arron should've told him no but he tries to take care of folks. Sorry but this is one time he needs to learn to say no. Hoping for a better smoother day today.
Posted on: 2023/5/9 16:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY 9.V.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The benefits of learning to say "NO" are priceless. Pretty much that's all I say anymore. "No".

Congrats on the big 4-0 to the both of you, Marcus. She must be some kind of woman to have lasted that long. Same with Sue. This year will be 39 years for us. I consider myself lucky that I don't have to live alone. There's nothing like a good challenge.

Sue's 911 headed back to the shop by tow truck. Ate another fan belt. Hope thyy can figure out why the bottom pulley is so hungry. Keep on keeping on Letty.

Matt, you're not the young whippersnapper you once were either.
Posted on: 2023/5/9 17:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.