Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z16
Also known as the Grand Sport.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, fr...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Should be a warm day here and clear. It was raining the past few days off and on so I'll take it.

In-law's water heater is well past expiration and needs to be replaced. Guy was there doing some furnace work and mentioned it, gave an obscene quote to replace it. BIL picked up a new one and I'll have to install that in the next day or two. Plumbing work....right TB?

Sometimes I wonder how many people are actually capable of doing their own work in any type of repair or field...plumbing, building, automotive, landscaping, etc. Seems like not as many as there used to be. At least that's how it seems to me. I couldn't imagine how much money it would cost me if I couldn't fix most things myself. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2023/5/16 12:28

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning Matt. Sunny here and cool front moving through and allegedly taking the humidity with it. Hope so, the last few days have been rough. At the office today, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully slow up here this week.
We try to do our own repairs also around the house, I don't think there's much Arron can't do. He has a list lol. and, I'm grateful for his skills although he stays busy. I can do a lot too, but I keep his underwear clean, and him fed so he can do the other stuff.
Yall have a good day
Posted on: 2023/5/16 13:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.... Up and around, sunny and seasonably cool. I'll be busy today. Work in the shop and a few other things.

Grandma Rosie is headed over to the 'city' to stay with GGD. Leo is busy today with writing "Thank you " cards for graduation gifts. He'll start with me Monday. Track meet friday. Hopefully he'll have practice next week by qualifying for the state meet. His 4 x 800 relay has a really good chance, they've got the 2nd or 3rd best time in the state in their class.

Posted on: 2023/5/16 13:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

...yeah.... and it helps also to have a friend with a lift in his shop to do the DIY on the cars.... decided to do all the lawn fertilizer and stuff myself saving some serious money this year.....lawn looks great also....

Plumbing..... not so much.... something simple maybe but the big jobs we go with the professionals..... cloudy and cool today.... no real rain just mist and drizzle....

keep the shiny side up Guru's
Posted on: 2023/5/16 14:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WOW, REALLY SLEPT LATE THIS MORNING, UNUSUAL FOR ME. IT'S A MISTY 62 OUTSIDE, HIGH OF ONLY 71, ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER WIZARDS.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, MAY TAKE THE BUMBLEBEE OVER TO MUSKOGEE FOR AN OIL CHANGE IF I FEEL AMBITIOUS.

DID YOU KNOW:
TODAY COMMEMORATES ST BRENDAN THE NAVIGATOR, WHO CAMPED OUT ON THE BACK OF A WHALE. ALL WAS WELL TILL THEY LIT THAT CAMPFIRE :-O SOME SAY HE MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO NORTH AMERICA. UNLIKELY BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE AN IRISHMAN :-)
Posted on: 2023/5/16 15:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I thought that was going to be something about Branden the agitator who is camped out on the back of a Kamala trying to find the real America..... never underestimate an old fool.....
Posted on: 2023/5/16 17:12

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 05.16.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The more I do at home the more I can spend my dispoasable income on. I can do pvc plumbing but nothing that involves a torch. I change the breakers and do minor electric but won't touch inside a panel. Painting, woodwork, minor mechanical landscaping and some other tasks are all ways I can save $$$. General maintenance on most things as well. But, I won't do any oil and filter chages on the vehicles. I bring them to the shop with an appointment and wait for them.
Posted on: 2023/5/16 18:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.