Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
268 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Some things will never change ...........
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Posted on: 2009/6/18 3:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

skirlin Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Wow, that is truly pathetic.
Posted on: 2009/6/18 5:40

Matatk Re: Some things will never change ...........
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Check the date, Tommy. I think someone posted that up a while back? Besides - that's typical, you expect anything less?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/6/18 11:42

TommyT-Bone Re: Some things will never change ...........
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

It was just linked to the current "Why do people bash C4s?" thread. But it's still the same old song and dance. It's really more of a trap to see if you fall for the bait. If they bite ..... reel em' in.
Posted on: 2009/6/18 12:33

crash Re: Some things will never change ...........
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

THAT IS INTERESTING. WE ALL HAVE CORVETTES AND LOVE THEM. EACH PERSON BUYS WHAT THEY WANT AND LOVES THEIR RIDE.
WHAT I MAKE OF ALL THE BASHING WEATHER ITS C4 AGAINST C3 OR C6 AGAINST C4 0R WHICH EVER AGAINST WHICH EVER. I THINK ITS A FEEBLE MIND TRYING TO EXPRESS IT SELF.
LONG STORY SHORT WE ARE ALL VETTE OWNERS AND SHOULD ADMIRE EACH GENERATION FOR WHAT IT IS. BECAUSE WHEN EACH WAS NEW THEY WHERE THE CUTTING EDGE OF TECHNOLOGY.
SO WHEN I READ THESE BASHING I JUST CONSIDER THE SOURCE AND WONDER WHY THEY HAVE A VETTE AT ALL.
SO AS THE BEATLES SAID COME TOGEATHER RIGHT NOW AND LETS ENJOY OUR VETTES.
Posted on: 2009/6/18 13:02

Sweet90 Re: Some things will never change ...........
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
It was just linked to the current "Why do people bash C4s?" thread. But it's still the same old song and dance. It's really more of a trap to see if you fall for the bait. If they bite ..... reel em' in.

I saw that thread this morning, I laughed and added
Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/6/18 15:36

bogus Re: Some things will never change ...........
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Wow.
Posted on: 2009/6/18 18:37

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

95Vert Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Really, double WOW!

I can't figure out what is with these guys. They are like little kids constantly berating each other, though with the prices these bring, I know they're adults. I see the Supra and Rx7 kiddies doing this. Pretty sad.
Posted on: 2009/6/21 3:11

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I have learned something about Corvette owners:

Unless it's brand new, it had better be uber vintage.

This isn't always true, but for a lot of Corvette owners, they are such snobs, that only super valuable vintage cars or the latest newest only count.

That leaves a lot in the middle that seem to fall off the radar.

Much of what those assholes are bitching about are sadly true. However, it is all caused by perception. You see, many C4 owners are stretching their budgets to keep their cars running. So instead of lauding us for keeping heritage on the road, they belittle us for being cheap bastards.

I find that annoying as hell. Cause we all know that in 20 more years, C4s will be modern collectables (certian models, sure, all? to a degree) and then will be desired.

Personally, the attitudes in that thread are really poor. They slam those of us that fall into the middle, if only to justify their $600.00/mo payments.

I donno about you all, but I like my cheap registration fees, low insurance and no car payment.

If there is one thing I hate are those new owners with huge checkbooks, who then have the balls to talk down to those of us with older, less perfect Vettes. I am proud that I have done almost all the work on it, and with 170k miles, it has shown a long term durability.

Also, don't forget, many of those tools are showing their internet muscles. Confront them in person and they get all agreeable. Which is their real opinion? Or are they naturally two faced?

I just wish people could leave their ego at the door.
Posted on: 2009/6/21 4:00

Touringmike Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

Also, don't forget, many of those tools are showing their internet muscles. Confront them in person and they get all agreeable. Which is their real opinion? Or are they naturally two faced?

This has been my personal experience at quite a few of the cruises and shows I've attended.

The Interweb is a fascinating tool. Sort of like web-dating; you post a picture of Angelina Jolie claiming to be yourself, while in reality you look like the Goons from the old Popeye cartoons.

Same with opinions on any OT forum where C4 bashing occurs.

I take the bashing with a grain-of-salt attitude. Most that do it wouldn't do it to my face. In fact, I've had normal, good natured or serious conversations with a lot of them concerning other subjects, including the OPs biggest violator, Sven.

I think the original poster of this thread takes it too personal. Most of the time, it's good natured ribbing.
Maybe as I get older, this stuff slides off my back easier. Either way, it doesn't bother me.
I like my underpowered, ill-handling, rattling car, and that's all that matters.

:thumbright:
Posted on: 2009/6/21 13:34

BillH Re: Some things will never change ...........
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

Unless it's brand new, it had better be uber vintage.

This isn't always true, but for a lot of Corvette owners, they are such snobs, that only super valuable vintage cars or the latest newest only count.

Well said, Andy.
Ya know, it wasn't always this way. I've owned Corvettes for a very long time. I quit the shows, cruises and club offices in the mid '80s (not for any reasons involving the way Corvette owners acted). But up until then, this crap really didn't exist, with very few exceptions.
The people that got together in the clubs, shows, etc. were from all walks of life, all income levels and you never heard this bashing no matter what vintage or condition your Vette was in. People got together and had a good time just enjoying their passion for Corvettes. Even in the early years of NCRS, people would show up at the meetings with modded cars and nobody stuck their nose in the air.

It's a shame.
Posted on: 2009/6/21 13:44

wesmigletz Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

I never got the C4 bashing. I never owned one, but can somewhat relate, having been the guy in high school with the primered 73 Nova. There just wasn't a whole lotta love.

Being "trophy" cars, I think Vettes seem to attract the "mine is better than yours" crowd, and those idiots like to vocalize it. There are plenty of them in the Solid Axle and mid-year circles too.

Here's a shot of the original 327/300 HP engine(not a bogus, restamped NCRS block), in our "relatively undesirable, low-horse, secretary's car"
Resized Image

Some people ignore the azzhats, but I like to give a little back. At some point in the future, I will own a beautiful, restored, NCRS-credentialed fuelie. I cannot wait to cut it up and race it. I will document the de-restoration with pics and post them at the NCRS forum until I am banned (again).
Posted on: 2009/6/21 17:25

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I donno about all that, Wes... I do feel there is a responsibility to keep original original.

If you want to trash a mismatched wreck, rock it... but for a numbers matching original? It feel it is akin to painting a fake mustache on the Mona Lisa. Sure, it can be done, but why?
Posted on: 2009/6/22 0:12

DaleD Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

It's an odd dynamic.
You don't get the bashing and dick measuring here. But over at CF, it's the order of the day. I see that as being the difference between car guys, (here), and kids, (there).
A car guy likes cars. I like to go to shows, and when I do, a well preserved Maverick will get my attention before a brand new Corvette. If I want to see a new Corvette, I can go to the dealer. If I want to see an old Maverick, or GTO, or Chevelle, or whatever, I have to go to a show.
My C4 is old, it's imperfect, but it's paid for, and it makes me happy, (most of the time).
Those C4 bashers are missing the point. They're either insecure kids, or raging a-holes. Either way, they don't bother me, I don't worry about it.
Posted on: 2009/6/22 1:10

Durango_Boy Re: Some things will never change ...........
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I'll second that, word for word, including the respect for how cool an old Maverick can be.

[IMG]http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/07/30/01/58/pic-49304.jpeg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2009/6/22 1:36

DaleD Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

That's pretty cool!
I've seen Mavericks with 289s and 351s dropped in them. That's fun stuff.
Posted on: 2009/6/22 1:53

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I love old cars. All sorts of old cars!

I am a docent at the Automobile Driving Museum and it's cool. I get to share stories about when some cool old car was made, why it was so popular, why the name of a long lost automaker STILL raises strong emotions - I mean, all you have to do is mention Packard and eyes ALWAYS spring. For a brand that has been dead for over 50 years, it still ellicits a positive vibe.

I will clarify - Packard does still exist. They make electrical bits. Plug wires and the like.
Posted on: 2009/6/22 2:50

wesmigletz Re: Some things will never change ...........
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

Andy,

I can appreciate the effort it takes to maintain a stock car, or even restore one, but it's not for me.

I try to use my Corvette as it was intended to be used. Somehow, I don't picture Duntov reveling at the thought of barely-running, over-restored trailer queens being pushed on and off trailers at Vette shows... all the while their owners walk around and berate other Vettes. Just not my cup of tea.

I will continue to beat on my cars, and if it offends those that need offending, even better.

Wes

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I donno about all that, Wes... I do feel there is a responsibility to keep original original.

If you want to trash a mismatched wreck, rock it... but for a numbers matching original? It feel it is akin to painting a fake mustache on the Mona Lisa. Sure, it can be done, but why?
Posted on: 2009/6/22 5:08

Matatk Re: Some things will never change ...........
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

wesmigletz wrote:

I will continue to beat on my cars, and if it offends those that need offending, even better.

Wes

Yup. I drive my car. If it breaks, I fix it. Otherwise I don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/6/22 13:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.