Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

bogus Re: putting together my 355 LT1, questions
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

bam wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:
I was running some logs on my 92 LT1, it's stock, but the advance seems to max at 36-40*.

Is your computer currently stock?

Make sure there aren't any vacuum leaks where the MAP meets the block....

As for Cunningham's suggestion on the IAC, it has little bearing on life once you get off idle.

did you use a degree wheel to dial in the cam? Just because they put a mark on it doesn't mean its right...

1. Bogus, even though my motor is not stock it seems like it would not need that much timing over stock except at idle, where I can tell that bumping the timing up really helps with cam lope and off idle power. I had almost no power before the recent tune off idle, had to slip the clutch a bunch to get the car moving.

2. Yes stock computer except for moat's prom adapter.

3. How do I check for leaks at the MAP? I am running 14" vacuum at idle, not bad for hot cam I think.

4. I agree, IAC has little to do with timing.

5. Didn't degree the cam, too late for that now. GM sold tons of them, never heard of one being out, never know though. Would that effect ignition timing needed? I suppose if it was far enough out it would kill low end tq right? The motor does pull really hard from about 4000 up to 6000. I can't remember which cam install, advance or retard that increases low end power? Thanks guys, hopefully in time I'll get this worked out. Two winters ago I installed the hot cam w/o the heads, I didn't have cam surge then. Same cam now but new TF heads and bored out to 355.

#3 - ah, yes, I read that and still typed my vacuum leak comment. d'oh.

#5 - degreeing a cam will eliminate error. Consider that a slightly out cam could be equal to being a half tooth off. It would have tons of impact.

It might be "too late" but it might be you only hope...
Posted on: 2012/8/5 17:24

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.