Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C4
Abbreviation for the 4th generation of Corvettes built from 1984-1996....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 From my iPhone
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Hey Gurus! Just purchased an iPhone. Checking out how slow I am at posting this way. A little awkward, but not awful. Alien technology...
Posted on: 2007/9/9 0:03

daddue11 RE:From my iPhone
Senior Guru
Mountain View, Southern Mo.,
131 Posts

Are you posting this from your I phone?
Posted on: 2007/9/9 4:02

bogus RE:From my iPhone
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I post from my at&t 8525.
Posted on: 2007/9/9 4:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

daddue11 RE:From my iPhone
Senior Guru
Mountain View, Southern Mo.,
131 Posts

Oh dudes,that is so cool,my wife has one like that,I think it's called a blackberrie,she said I can do that on my sliver,I guess I need to get more with the times.Way cool.
Posted on: 2007/9/9 4:09

CSS996 RE:From my iPhone
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Yes I posted that from the iPhone. I'm a die-hard Mac guy. The iPhone is very cool, but has some issues that are pretty frustrating. For one, as a long-time iPod user, it stinks that you cannot just drag a playlist from iTunes directly to the phone. You have to turn on syncing, and choose playlists to automatically sync to the phone. This is really bothering me.

Also, I have not figured out how to watch Flash based web clips on the phone. ALSO, with my iPods, I could use them as an external hard drive and save photos, video or any other type of file to the iPod to transport the files from my office to my home. The iPhone does not allow that.

I'm guessing a couple of these things will be fixed or hacked, but I just got the phone, and I'm not a Guru yet.

Overall, it is an insanely cool device. I can check my email, surf the web, carry music around, watch movies on the super nice screen, hell, it even works as my alarm clock now.

There is a guy on You Tube who has his iPhone configured to control his entire house. TV, lighting, alarm system.... CRAZY!

Can't wait to learn all the tricks for this device.
Posted on: 2007/9/9 15:31

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

the 8525 is on a par with the iphone... except it doesn't have the killer UI.

It's actually more or less to my liking, because I am more Windows oriented.

Did you get the 100.00 rebate? Or were you lucky enough to buy one cheaper.

I am a little suprised that Apple dropped the prices that way. I more expected them to feature it up versus dropping the price... and in this case, they did BOTH.
Posted on: 2007/9/9 16:33

vetterami RE:From my iPhone
Guru Newb
Corner of No and Where Arkansas
1 Posts

New here to this forum but I saw your post and I have been thinking about getting one. Will it work overseas as I travel alot. Need to have that feature
Posted on: 2007/9/9 16:55

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Just bought the phone yesterday, at the new $399 price point. I don't think Apple should have given the $100 store credit to angry early adopters. That is the price you pay for being first. Especially with a technology product. Whining babies! :angry1:

Apple stock took a big hit after that announcement. Nearly 1 milion iPhones sold, and the large majority of those were the 8G units. So that means at LEAST 50% of the phones sold, and more than likely 70% are eligible for the $100 rebate. So that's about $700,000 in product that Apple may have to give away.

My personal HUGE issue is that the iPhone needs OS 10.4.1 or higher. My laptop is running 10.3.9. I am running a Final Cut Pro editing software package that I experienced problems running with 10.4 on another machine. So I had to activate my phone on my daughter's Mac Mini. I was planning on purchasing a new iMac and all new editing software in a couple weeks anyway, but I sure would have been pizzed if I wasn't!
Posted on: 2007/9/9 18:25

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

That is Apple's one huge fault... each new machine... each new release... means that the prior product is DOA.

I really don't know how they got where they are doing that.

My brother is a big Mac guy. He owns a print shop in Central FL, and he has an older G5, 2 Motorola CPUs, 2 gigs of ram, a ton of disc, 23" plasma... nice machine... but with the older OS, I wonder how much more support Apple will give that? If not Apple, Adobe...

I agree... the rebates were a bad idea... I wait for tech to settle... but in this case, at least, the consumer accepted that Apple would more than likely replace the product, versus lowering the price of it. Or, wait a year, reshuffle the line up and release a new one, taking the old top dog down a peg. Either way, that was acceptable. But this, 90days out was early...

but screw them! I swear... you want to be #1 on the street with a new toy, be willing to pay the price. No whining allowed.

I bought a Panasonic DVD-RAM a few years ago. Great buy, really. I bought it at the time they just touched $500.00. I waited for that moment, grabbed it and that was that... I did hit at the right moment - they stayed at, or near, that price point for nearly a year. Then the bottom fell out. You can get DVD recorders for about $100.00 now.

Same with our Visio... 37" 720p LCD. We got it at Christmas, 8+ months ago. And the prices are STILL within $50 of when we bought it.

As for Apple... I had no desire to get the iPhone... it isn't 3G and, AFAIK, won't do internet sharing/tethering. I can attach the 8525 to my laptop and use it as a wireless modem. Works well, too. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2007/9/9 19:07

j3studio RE:From my iPhone
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Show-offs!

The iPhone is a great 1.0 product, but it is a 1.0 product ...
Posted on: 2007/9/25 14:54

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Agreed! I am hoping the next version comes out in Jan-Feb. And I'm hoping that I have the money to get that one, and hand this phone down to my wife. She wants one, but she hates to spend money. (More for me!)

The recessed headphone jack on this thing is killing me! My cassette adapter in the Vette doesn't work with it. You have to use the skinny little original plug from the supplied iPhone headphones. AAAAARRRRGH! Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

And I would like to be able to watch flash-based movies and such. Apple killed the 'disc use' feature that I loved on the iPods too. I used my iPods to move video files from my work machine to my home machine and vice-versa. There is a program that lets you do this on the iPhone, but really.... I shouldn't have to pay extra to a third party company for this functionality.

Overall, it is still the coolest tech gadget I've ever owned, although my first iPod was simply magical, coz I'd never owned anything like it before. Now I'm so jaded. I want a thinner iPhone with more storage. And no damn recessed head phone jack, JEEEZ!
Posted on: 2007/9/25 15:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.