Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
211 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

red_johnny Update on life, mine that is
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Ok folks, some of you know that my sons bike got stolen last week. My plan to fix this from happening is to install cameras on around the house. I am getting four of them and they will be tied into my computer where I can record the signal.

Bathroom update: bathroom is 98% done! I am finishing the painting and I got a couple spots that I need to fill with silicone but that should be a quick job. I got the primer on and I just need to add the white paint then go back and hit the walls with a touch up job. I will supply pics latter. I might snap some pics tonight even!

The vette is still running good although I did have to replace the clutch two months ago, the old one was in pretty bad shape. I got the same kind, a centerforce clutch II.

I bought a shell of a arcade game and I am in the process of fixing that up. So far I still need buttons, a TV, new joysticks, and a RGB adapter. I already have two games, street fighter II and pitfighter. I am working on getting area 51 right now. Oh, did I forget to mension that I have a Jamma adapter which allows me to plug up 4 games at once and switch between them? I will supply pics latter with this also. Well thats about it. I will get the pics posted up latter.
Posted on: 2007/9/12 13:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:Update on life, mine that is
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

sorry to hear about the bike. I hate thieves. There is no space in a civil society for people like that.

Otherwise, sounds like things are going good! The clutch, tho annoying, it's fatal...
Posted on: 2007/9/12 14:28

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Update on life, mine that is
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Gday Johhny ;)

I had 2 arcade cabinets a while back but i gave them to a mate of mine cause i have nowhere to store them here, both were NEO-GEO, one was a 4 slotter and the other a single. I had about 46 carts for them, had King of Fighters 94/95/96 and 97, Fatal Fury 1, 2, 3, Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and RBFF 2, heaps of others too. Alot of great games, but then a few crap ones as well. Was great fun when i had room to have them set up and had my mates around!!

I had the 4 slotter mainboard connected into my projector here for a while, it died a slow death eventually though cause the backup Ni-Cad battery on the board leaked and corroded a couple tracks. Common issue apparently.

Ive got some pics for ya, if youre stuck for where to get the buttons and joysticks mate let me know, ill recomend some for ya ;)
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/9/12 14:37

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

And a dead 4 slotter NEO-GEO....

Resized Image

Ive converted that (and 2 others like it) NEO-GEO AES joystick to work through USB on the computer, so playing MAME emulator is now identical to playing a genuine NEO-GEO
Posted on: 2007/9/12 14:53

red_johnny RE:Update on life, mine that is
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

I lined up where I am getting everything already but thanks for thinking of me. I thought of doing a mame set up and running a PC but I decided to go the normal arcade route with a custom cabinet. My cab is going to have police lightbar arcoss the top, speaker grills are going to be cromed with LED's behind them (red on one side and blue on the other), still debauting on the color and trim color yet for the cab. Basically this is going to have 2 shooter games and 2 fighter games at any given time. I may swap out PCB's once and awhile though. I will try to keep everyone updated here about it.

Yeah Bogus, it is horrible to know that someone would steal a bike that had a broke peddle and a ripped up seat. Oh well, my son was too big for it anyway. We still filed a report with the Police though.
Posted on: 2007/9/12 15:27

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

What buttons are you looking at getting? (links are just to show products im refering to)

Id only use Sanwa: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/ordersanwapushbuttons.php

Or Seimitsu arent too bad either: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/orderseimitsupushbuttons.php

In that order, in my opinion there are no buttons or joysticks better than Sanwa. They are the most consistant available.

Not sure if youve got any guns yet, but ive always found these: http://www.coinopexpress.com/products ... parts/Namco_Guns_877.html

Or the SEGA guns to be the most accurate. The American Laser Games guns on the other hand are woefully inaccurate. Youll need a regular CRT type TV for any guns to work which im sure you know, they wont work on LCD (unless there is new ones i dont know about!!)

You can also rig up a PC inside a genuine arcade cabinet and have any games on there you want as well (with MAME or NEO-RageX), there is a video game shop near me that does this (can even have it setup so it requires coins to allow play, from the outside, you simply cant tell the difference from original). Its the most reliable way to do it cause alot of game boards are getting quite old now, and they never last forever no matter how well you treat them. (that 4 slotter in my pic above was made in March of 1990) If the PC fails you can easily put another one straight in and use the same hard drive.
Posted on: 2007/9/12 15:56

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Thanks for the links case! I will check it out. I do have guns already, stock area 51 guns. They may need repaired but I am not too sure. I am getting a lot of help from an arcade forum. The buttons and joys I am getting from ebay. There is a guy there that sells a two player set up fairly cheap with decent parts. I am not looking to build a competiton worthy machine but a nicely put together one.
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/9/12 16:16

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Well i just found this: http://www.hkems.com/product/xbox/LCDTopGun.htm

And bugger me im going to try my arse off to get one!!! If it works on projectors its what ive been waiting a long long time for!!

Should be able to get the old Lethal Enforcers up and running on a decent size screen now!!
Posted on: 2007/9/12 16:19

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

That gear looks like itll come up great mate, im looking forward to seeing more updates!!
Posted on: 2007/9/12 16:26

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

I will be sure to update here when I make progress. I have a 4 camera security system that I will be installing soon which will take up some time when it gets here plus I do have alot of house work to do. But inbetween things I will get done what I can. I am hopeing to have this running by Xmas
Posted on: 2007/9/12 17:23

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Casey... dude... you know too much.

That's some cool stuff!!!
Posted on: 2007/9/13 1:13

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Does this mean im in line for execution Bogus?
Posted on: 2007/9/13 4:35

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Johnny if you were ever a fan of Daytona, i finally got it to work emulated on the computer!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Resized Image
Resized Image

Also got Sega Rally working, Virtua cop, and a few others. Im off to grab a beer....
Posted on: 2007/9/13 13:22

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Case, I am a fan of alot of games. However, I really dont know what game Daytona is. Racing game? I would love to get a emulator package where I can get a ton of games on a dedicated cabinet just for that.
Posted on: 2007/9/13 17:50

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Daytona is a sorta racing game.
Posted on: 2007/9/14 4:02

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Its a real racing game, in every sense of the word. Just not a relistic one, but that wasnt the aim behind it. It was the game that introduced slidding sideways around corners into the racing game industry. That and Sega Rally are about the only 2 games i know of where you can come up to a corner full pace, throw the shifter into first to get the car into a drift, back into 3rd to hold it there, then up into 4th to exit the turn. Awesome fun
Posted on: 2007/9/14 13:43

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Sounds like a really fun game
I just got my street fighter 2 last night and the board is huge! I think I am going to have build a compartment into the back of the cabinet to make room
Posted on: 2007/9/14 14:06

VR-92 RE:Update on life, mine that is
Guru
68 Posts

Sweet thread.

I'm been dreaming of building my own Golden Tee Cab.

It is a Jamma game, and parts are all over Ebay for it.
Posted on: 2007/9/14 19:13

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:
Sweet thread.

Yeah I have seen it on ebay a bunch of times. I am guessing its a golf game and you need a track ball with that?
Posted on: 2007/9/14 23:52

NC Kid RE:Update on life, mine that is
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Why not wire cameras into a t.v. and run blank tapes thru it with a vcr that way you can have it accessiable need be it happened again Seems confusing and take up excess space on your computer but if you know how, id be interested in knowing how you had it all set up....Some stuff has happened like that to me to but it's best left in the past. I can't believe someone would steal a kids bike though....kinda low....
Posted on: 2007/9/15 1:03

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
Sweet thread.

Here ya go, ive got it here:
Resized Image
Resized Image

Is that the one youre talking about?
Quote:

Yeah I have seen it on ebay a bunch of times. I am guessing its a golf game and you need a track ball with that?

Johnny there is a few versions of that game, trackball and regular joystick

Black 86, the max time you can record on a VHS tape is 12 hrs, and once its out of tape, youre out of recording. With it recording to HDD on a computer, it can basically run 24hrs a day 7 days a week and never run out if its set up correctly.
Posted on: 2007/9/15 13:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.