Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
211 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Injector question.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

I was loooking at the chart to determine injector flow. In the rails right now looks like stock multecs. I've got a Crate 383 rated at 350 HP, a ProCharger SuperCharger at 8 psi boost. I was giving it a modest estimate of 425 hp. I was thinking of ordering some 32lb injectors. That seemed like it would certainly be a vast improvement over the existing multecs though probably a little less than optimum. I was reading on the website that a move up in injector psi would require an adjustment on the tune. Would my GM certified mechanic be able to make the needed changes or is that more of a pro tuners job? So, I need a set of injectors for the above mentioned improvements in a 91 Corvette with L98 fuel rails. I'm not a mechanic. I farming this out to my mechanic to get me up and running again. I'm just getting the injectors and gasket kit and passing them along for the installation. Recommendations?

This will be my second purchase with FIC. The Bosch injectors I got for my stock 90 have it running better than ever. I'm a very happy return customer. Thanks guys.
Posted on: 2010/3/31 22:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

FICINJECTORS Re: Injector question.
Gold Sponsor Vendor
117 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I was loooking at the chart to determine injector flow. In the rails right now looks like stock multecs. I've got a Crate 383 rated at 350 HP, a ProCharger SuperCharger at 8 psi boost. I was giving it a modest estimate of 425 hp. I was thinking of ordering some 32lb injectors. That seemed like it would certainly be a vast improvement over the existing multecs though probably a little less than optimum. I was reading on the website that a move up in injector psi would require an adjustment on the tune. Would my GM certified mechanic be able to make the needed changes or is that more of a pro tuners job? So, I need a set of injectors for the above mentioned improvements in a 91 Corvette with L98 fuel rails. I'm not a mechanic. I farming this out to my mechanic to get me up and running again. I'm just getting the injectors and gasket kit and passing them along for the installation. Recommendations?

This will be my second purchase with FIC. The Bosch injectors I got for my stock 90 have it running better than ever. I'm a very happy return customer. Thanks guys.
Tommy I sent out your new injectors today
thanks
Jon
Posted on: 2010/4/1 16:19

TommyT-Bone Re: Injector question.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

This is from daily chat 03/06/10

Quote:
Fuel injector story continued.

So I've been waiting for my injectors. I called FIC, our Guru fuel injector connection. They gave me a tracking number that showed the package was delivered Saturday at 11:00 AM. Usually I would have been here but I had to run my spouse around due to her inability to drive. I was home around 3:00 PM. I checked the mail in the hopes that I at least had a notice of attempted delivery. Nope, just mail. Monday came, I checked the mail. I should have had it in 2 days. Nope, just mail. Today when I didn't get them I started getting antsy. WTF, where are my injectors. I tracked down my letter carrier. She's really nice, concientious and helpful. She had been off the past week and a half. If it she was working I would have got my package. I went by the Post Office to see if it was on the rack and mis-scanned as delivered. Nope. Talked to a postal supervisor about my issue. We all know how that turned out. Laughable. When I call tomorrow to talk to the delivery supervisor I'm sure I'll get the, Maybe a squirrel took it and used it to build a nest or Is it possible it was in your mailbox and you just didn't see it? or Are you sure they sent it to the right address? Anything but have a good answer for me. I worked for the USPS for almost 30 years. I know what I know. Thanks to Jon and Bill at FIC. They're going to send me a second set with the hopes the first set shows up either to me or back to them. They are the bright spot in this potentially agrivating situation. As many have said before, they are more than helpful and go out of their way to provide a top notch service. I'll give you an update when all is said and done. Luckily, my blood pressure is starting to settle down a bit.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 18:17

BillH Re: Injector question.
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Same chit with FedX ground last week, the tracking # showed it deivered, I was here all day. Called customer service.

At least the local supervisor called me the next morning. But, by that time, a neighbor 9 doors down had delivered it to me.

Good Luck T.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 19:18

TommyT-Bone Re: Injector question.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

New injectors are in and the 91 is up and running. The idle is far better. It should be. I had 3 bad injectors on the left bank. The second package arrived on time. I was sitting on my front bench waiting for the letter carrier. The first one has still not shown up. I talked with the carrier, station supervisor and wrote a letter to the local Postmaster requesting a written follow up. I hope it turns up.
Once again, I am totally satisfied with the product and support of our supporting vendor FIC. Thanks Jon and Bill for all your assistance.
Posted on: 2010/4/10 20:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.