Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I hate this weather. It's supposed to be a high of 43 today. How is that possible? It was 80 two days ago. I'd even take the 50 from yesterday. Ugh. I want summer!

Dropped the block off last night along with a nice chunk of change to get things started. I ended up talking to the owner for quite some time afterwards. Nice guy. He chuckled at me a bit because I kept telling him every chance that I got that he was welcome to knock a couple bucks off a price and give me a discount But he's very knowledgeable and said he's gonna take care of this. OK, I trust him.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/8 11:33

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
He chuckled at me a bit because I kept telling him every chance that I got that he was welcome to knock a couple bucks off a price and give me a discount But he's very knowledgeable and said he's gonna take care of this. OK, I trust him.
Matthew

I'd bet he hears that almost daily. It's not like gearheads are gonna walk in and say; I've got a pocket full of cash and the skies the limit. Build me a monster. Wish I could though.

My wife amazes me. She has tenacity and motivation that most men don't have. She's up at the crack of dawn and out the door dragging her foot. I should say her foot is dragging her. I 've got a couple of minor chores to do then I'll go out and check on her. I've got two small trailers I need to scrape, brush, prime and paint. Sounds like a load of fun. Have a great day gang.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 12:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

djxib Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Another day on the road for me. So far this week I have seen Toronto, Winnipeg, Minneapolis and Dallas. Jackson this afternoon, home to ATL tomorrow afternoon. Anyone seen "Up in the Air"?
Posted on: 2010/4/8 12:36

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

itlgo2 Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Guru Newb
Missouri
288 Posts

Good Morning Guru's:

Chilly here In the St louis area, albeit sunny, in to open the store and work until only 3pm. then off to golf league, opening night, i am hoping my back doesn't regress.
Worked on the ZR1 yesterday, will finish her up on friday,
i am planning on coming up early sat. to Curtis's house.
Curt? could you let them know i'm coming?? Or let me know what to do? Have a wonderful day ... Guru's. Every day is a Present.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 12:54

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I took Mrs. Pianoguy to see Bon Jovi last night. I've never been much of a fan, but her iPod has 2 categories - Bon Jovi and Other Stuff, and she'd never seen them live. So I ponied up more money than I've ever spent on a concert or likely ever will again (barring a miraculous Beatles reunion) and hoped for the best.

I have to say, they put on a great show - the sound was excellent, they played well, were very engaging and seemed to be having a good time. I thought they rocked "Keep The Faith" particularly hard. He made an effort to get around to all parts of the stage to make sure even the folks in the cheap seats had a good view, and they also had a runway out into the crowd to get closer to the unwashed swooning masses. They had a most impressive video system - well over 200 motorized panels that constantly changed configuration - it was very cool. I don't think anybody sat down for the duration, and I have never heard an audience sing along louder - whatever his formula is, the ladies love it. He's a money machine - lines at all the souvenir stands were very long. Mrs. Pianoguy thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the gal sitting next to her who shrieked into her ear all night.

I'm hoping the day passes quickly so I can get home and take a nap - I was up past my bedtime :-P
Posted on: 2010/4/8 13:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning, sounds like everyone has things in line. I got all my paperwork sent in to the KPERS retirement office yesterday. Today we are hosting a middle school track meet and I have to work the girls discus. Hopefully it will be over quickly.

We had the grandsons last night and the two younger ones didn't want to go to bed, and guess what, they didn't want to get up this morning, so it was a battle...especially the youngest one (5).
Posted on: 2010/4/8 13:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

itlgo2 wrote:
Every day is a Present.

Every day is the present too.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 13:25

bastet44 Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Thursday, April 8, 2010

interlard
\in-tuhr-LARD\, transitive verb:

To insert between; to mix or mingle; especially, to introduce something foreign or irrelevant into; as, "to interlard a conversation with oaths or allusions."
Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:08

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

What does a fathead have between his ears? Interlard

Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:22

Curtis1974 Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Quote:

itlgo2 wrote:
Good Morning Guru's:

Chilly here In the St louis area, albeit sunny, in to open the store and work until only 3pm. then off to golf league, opening night, i am hoping my back doesn't regress.
Worked on the ZR1 yesterday, will finish her up on friday,
i am planning on coming up early sat. to Curtis's house.
Curt? could you let them know i'm coming?? Or let me know what to do? Have a wonderful day ... Guru's. Every day is a Present.

Keith,

We will all go together and there is no need to preregister. In fact you don't have to register at all to park in the show. If you want the car judged then you can register. I rarely preregister as you never know what the weather will do and I would hate to be out the money if the weather sucks. There will be about six cars leaving from my house and going to the show which includes you. The show is less than two miles from my house.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:28

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I forgot to mention one of the highlights of our evening last night at the concert. Before the show started, a guy came down the steps carrying a couple of beverages and a plate of hot dogs. He ran into a gaggle of women near our row and had to stop there. As he stood there, the flimsy paper plate decided to give way, and his hot dogs splatted on the floor, meat side down. He had to wait for a bit before he had room to stoop down and pick them up - he just kind of smooshed them, leaving a big smear of ketchup and mustard on the steps. We watched him as he went to sit down a few rows in front of us - my wife said, "I bet he eats them." He did.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 21:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Thursday, April 8, 2010

interlard
\in-tuhr-LARD\, transitive verb:

"

Tommy was walking down the beach with his shirt off. A pretty young girl walked by so Tommy sucked interlard to give himself a flat belly.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2010/4/8 22:49

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sounds like you had a good time, Brad. Funny stuff about the hot dogs. Guy probably figured "These mf's were $7 each!"

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/8 22:50

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
He chuckled at me a bit because I kept telling him every chance that I got that he was welcome to knock a couple bucks off a price and give me a discount But he's very knowledgeable and said he's gonna take care of this. OK, I trust him.
Matthew

I'd bet he hears that almost daily. It's not like gearheads are gonna walk in and say; I've got a pocket full of cash and the skies the limit. Build me a monster. Wish I could though.

Actually, no. He builds some like $30,000-40,000 engines! He said guys may be on a budget, but guys spend a lot for his motors. He was telling me about one guy that kept adding crap...stroke it..then forge it...then blow it...total was like $43,000 along with some cage work. He does a lot of drag racer stuff, too.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/8 22:52

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Matthew

Actually, no. He builds some like $30,000-40,000 engines! He said guys may be on a budget, but guys spend a lot for his motors. He was telling me about one guy that kept adding crap...stroke it..then forge it...then blow it...total was like $43,000 along with some cage work. He does a lot of drag racer stuff, too.

Matthew

You better start saving now then.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 23:55

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Actually, no. He builds some like $30,000-40,000 engines!
Matthew

SBC race motors (semi-Pro) have been in that range for a long time (no blower). Especially the circle track stuff.

I've been in shops that build only race motors 15 years ago that were at $35k.

It's called "Cubic Dollars"
Posted on: 2010/4/9 2:01

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 04.08.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

I can't imagine a $40,000 motor, but I'm quite sure I'd like one if I had it....

Didn't know Bon Jovi played anymore? But, then again, around here at Tunica, seems all those old bands from high school are coming back out of their retirement homes......

Not to elaborate, but I had a crappy day today. Every minute of it till I got home. My ENTIRE day sucked, pissed off everyone, worked late, vette wouldn't start and already had it dusted off top out and crap, and came home to a box with two containers of chocolate covered macadamias from a friend from Cali. Very sweet indeed!
Except my ass will now be too big to fit in the vette seats, but oh well.... they're great tasting!
Posted on: 2010/4/9 2:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

VB, Bon Jovi was #21 on the celebrity earnings list last year at $50 million, and their 2008 tour brought in $170 million. The boy is building himself quite a nest egg. BTW, I have a hunch that a few chocolates aren't gonna hurt a bit - enjoy ;-)
Posted on: 2010/4/9 3:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.