Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Vetron87 Monday Chat 04.12.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Beautiful day in Indiana. First day back from spring break. My student's are unusually quiet! Seniors are counting the days (33) until reality hits them. Nine leave for basic training in 41 days. 36 days until retirement.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 12:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Monday Morning chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Those 36 days are gonna go by in a flash! Mojo to those seniors heading for basic training.

Nice day here yesterday - did a few light chores around the house and washed up the Vette, with the Masters and the Twins game on in the background. Glad to see Phil win - they've had a rough year. My son is hoping the rain holds off today - he's got tickets for the Twins home opener in the new ballpark. Should be a great time if it stays dry.

Have a great Monday, all!
Posted on: 2010/4/12 12:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Monday Chat 04.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome back to the daily grind. I am feeling a little better today. Yesterday I was recovering after a little over-indulgence on Saturday night. Man, I am not young and resilient like I used to be....lol. But everyone had a good time celebrating my BIL's bday. There were about 25 of us total that took a limo downtown to the club. A few got left behind....lol. Oh well, they were told to be out at 3 am and the limo left at 3:15...not our fault. Can't babysit adults.

Unfortunately I didn't properly cap off the fuel lines in the vette, I just kind of left them hanging. Well, they slipped down and poured a little fuel all over the floor. That's no so bad, except now the entire garage and part of the house smell like gasoline. Wife isn't happy, neither am I. Oh well. Air it out is all we can do. At least the weather will be nice.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/12 12:36

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4647 Posts

Morning! Can't believe I'm already up, showered, hair done, dressed, all that. Geez. Something must be wrong with me. Hopefully I'll get in those new (to me) visors courtesy of Chris and a new header trim piece that was so kindly given to me, nails done and maybe a tan!
Hope you all have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/4/12 14:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Morning guys, VB....37 days for me (counting today). And yes, Brad, they are flying along and I will be done before I know it. The kids must be recouping from prom Saturday night as things are pretty quiet here too.

I think that I'll wash the truck when I get home today. Yesterday the wife and I went to see "Date Night". I don't believe it was Steve Carell's best work, but pretty good none the less. When we got home I washed the Corvette and put it back up on the lift.

I am taking Friday off, I have one personal day left and I'm going to use it then. Going to head for KC to visit the daughters/husbands/grandkids. One granddaughter had her 10th birthday last Friday, and another has her 8th this Friday. Might take the Corvette.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 15:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus

I'm sore all over this morning from working in the yard all weekend. I need to get back to the gym for some stretching and weight work. Oh God!!!!

I was an hour and a half getting to work this morning because of the damn Nuclear Summit in DC. Seems like they shipped every dignitary and their envoy through Andrews Air Force Base where I work. Security was EXTREMELY high (higher than I have seen in five years). It took 40 minutes alone just to get on base and to my office. Unreal! There's got to be a better way. Anyhow, that's my morning rant.

I think this is the week I get to put my car back together, but I'm leaving for Georgia for a week come Sunday and won't be able to play with it until I get back..

Matt - I'm glad you are feeling better after your "leftover" from Saturday night. I played harder than usual on Friday night too, so I know how you felt.

You School Boys are lucky to have the summer off. Do you really get that time off or do you have other school related activities to fill that time? Both my undergraduate degree and Master’s are in Education, but I was afraid to go into the field teaching because I had been spoiled by higher paying government jobs. I had planned on teaching shop classes for high school or Vo-Tech, hence the undergrad degree in Industrial Technology. However, I wound up doing Corporate Training & Development instead. Sometimes I wish I had gone the other route.

Enough of my blabbering - Hope you all have a good day.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 15:55

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello all. Just got back from Miami. Traffic sucked as it does in most big cities. Sue had her stitches removed this morning and is free to walk without the boot. We're giving the boot the boot so to speak. She's happy to be free of it as she is regaining strength in her ankle and foot. Yesterday we didn't do much. Don't anticipate doing to much today. I hear my pillow calling me........... Tommy ..... Tommy ........
Posted on: 2010/4/12 16:28

383tpimachine Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Master Guru
Corpus Christi
976 Posts

Up early. Got to class before the previous class was out so had to wait. Gonna be a breeze of a day.

Psychology personality day. pretty good
Posted on: 2010/4/12 16:34

itlgo2 Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Guru Newb
Missouri
288 Posts

Absolute, perfect day today in Missouri, opening day
for Cardinal Baseball, might go and hit a few golf balls after while. could actually drink a bud or two also, i seem to be over my 4 week long sickness. no coughing.
life's good today
Posted on: 2010/4/12 17:36

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Morning Gurus

You School Boys are lucky to have the summer off. Do you really get that time off or do you have other school related activities to fill that time? Both my undergraduate degree and Master’s are in Education, but I was afraid to go into the field teaching because I had been spoiled by higher paying government jobs. I had planned on teaching shop classes for high school or Vo-Tech, hence the undergrad degree in Industrial Technology. However, I wound up doing Corporate Training & Development instead. Sometimes I wish I had gone the other route.

Well, if money is any indication, I'm pretty sure you took the better route. It took me 22 years to make it to $40k/year. Granted cost of living here in SW Kansas isn't what you face in the DC area, but it still isn't all that great, for the amount of education it takes and continues to take. Which is where many of my summers went. I, too, have a masters in Industrial Tech Education. The Masters allows me to take fewer classes between license renewals.

Sometimes I wish I had taken another route.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:00

Resized Image

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

I thought today was gonna be mellow, but I've been pretty busy so far with work emails and phone calls!

Off to do more calendering.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:52

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Monday, April 12, 2010

neologism
\nee-OLL-uh-jiz-um\, noun:

1. A new word or expression.
2. A new use of a word or expression.
3. The use or creation of new words or expressions.
4. (Psychiatry) An invented, meaningless word used by a person with a psychiatric disorder.
5. (Theology) A new view or interpretation of a scripture.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:52

BillH Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Well, if money is any indication, I'm pretty sure you took the better route. It took me 22 years to make it to $40k/year. Granted cost of living here in SW Kansas isn't what you face in the DC area, but it still isn't all that great, for the amount of education it takes and continues to take. Which is where many of my summers went. I, too, have a masters in Industrial Tech Education. The Masters allows me to take fewer classes between license renewals.

Sometimes I wish I had taken another route.

Teaching's been kinda noted for that, it's a shame.

Back when I started my career, entry level engineering didn't pay very well either. And it would take years to boost your income or you had to go the "change your ob every 3 years" route.
I changed to sales engineering and immeadiately tripled my income.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You guys ...........

If I coulda, woulda, shoulda I would have gone to college and got an education instead of going in the military and going the civil service route, There are rewards and penalties for every decision. I was pretty good at picking ones with penalties.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Monday, April 12, 2010

neologism
\nee-OLL-uh-jiz-um\, noun:

1. A new word or expression.
2. A new use of a word or expression.
3. The use or creation of new words or expressions.
4. (Psychiatry) An invented, meaningless word used by a person with a psychiatric disorder.
5. (Theology) A new view or interpretation of a scripture.

Neologism fun at ......

Attach file:

jpg  Neo-Nazi Summer Camp.jpg (144.18 KB)
852_4bc3812112dcd.jpg 500X333 px
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:23

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Tommy, not sorry that I went the route I did, just thinking. Teaching allowed me to spend lots of time with my kids.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:26

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Nothing wrong with reflection on the past tee. I understand how you feel and you expressing it. I'm in your corner Bubba.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:34

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

As I draw near to the end of my teaching career I've been doing alot of thinking of what I've done. No regrets! worked every summer honing my trade in construction and welding. I now have students that I had their grandparents. Holy sh**! Over 6,000 students later I think I made a difference. Surviving 2 tours in Vietnam and only being hit twice, happly married with a great daughter.
So Tee I hear ya!!!!
Posted on: 2010/4/12 21:03

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
As I draw near to the end of my teaching career I've been doing alot of thinking of what I've done. No regrets! worked every summer honing my trade in construction and welding. I now have students that I had their grandparents. Holy sh**! Over 6,000 students later I think I made a difference. Surviving 2 tours in Vietnam and only being hit twice, happily married with a great daughter.
So Tee I hear ya!!!!

Yea, that's the other thing summers allowed me to do, hone my skills. I've built my Cabinetry business to the point that it's going to supplement my retirement pension. And keep me busy and (hopefully) out of trouble.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 2:55

Resized Image

JrRifleCoach Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
neologism

An invented, meaningless word used by a person with a psychiatric disorder.

Hey! You posted this? :D
Posted on: 2010/4/13 3:25

bogus Re: Monday Chat 04.12.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Beautiful day in Indiana. First day back from spring break. My student's are unusually quiet! Seniors are counting the days (33) until reality hits them. Nine leave for basic training in 41 days. 36 days until retirement.

Eh, but who's counting...
Posted on: 2010/4/13 5:06

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.