Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

Calm What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

What street/City did you cruise in High School? (from hamb forum)

And please include a few details?
Posted on: 2011/8/21 3:57

tjpreul Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

I used to cruise the I-70 Business loop here in Columbia, MO. We would go from the Sonic to the Hardee's. There were a total of three lights within a mile (one way). It was a long tradition of a cruise spot. Now its dead. I actually went through there tonight in the Vette, on the way back from dinner. Stopping at the DQ for ice cream. You were always guaranteed a race and several modified cars. People would even BBQ in some of the business parking lots.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 4:06

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

A favorite cruise spot where I grew up was Rt2/Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie, Maryland. This stretch of straight road with businesses and stoplights about every 1/4 to 1/2 mile was just too tempting. Everyone would hang out at the local Burger King and congregate at a large parking lot across the street. There was another road about two miles from there that was called "dump road" and that is where the street races were held. It was a long flat road leading to the land fill. By the early eighties the cops were patrolling regularly and eventually broke up the Burger King hang out. I understand that there are now big cruise-ins in the big parking lot across the street from Burger King now. Its a Pep Boys super store now and some other strip mall stores.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 10:59

crash Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

i lived in st louis co mo. we cruised st charles rk rd.the hot spots were steak n shake and chuck a burger. the serious street racing was down on hall street. guys used to trailer in gassers and gas dragsters. it lasted about 6 yrs then the cops busted it up. man those were some good times and shows.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 11:37

tjpreul Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

We had access to a Dodge nine door station wagon too. Every door had been painted a different color the radio was missing and there might have been a few dents in it. The engine was a very tired 440. We could fit a lot of people in with four bench seats and a huge cargo area. A different turn around spot had to be used for this thing.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 13:00

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

Ultraman Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

I cruised west Dodge Street in Omaha back in the mid 60's. There was one particular drive in place that I can't remember the name now.......and that is where the big boys hung out. Everyone would back in and after awile you would here a couple of cars fire up and they would head out to race....There was a drive in theater next door and a MacDonalds just down the Street with lots of stop lights to do some burn outs at.

The main cruise route was from maybe 50th up to 90th streets but you could go all the way downtown if you wanted to. I had a 64 Dodge Polara 500....spent a lot of fun summer nights cruising the strip with my buds or my steady. We would all chip in a buck and fill the car up for 5 or 6 bucks.....Niiice!
Posted on: 2011/8/21 14:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

JeffK Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

We cruised rt611 in Stroudsburg, PA the Jamesway parking lot was the hang out spot. If you put your CB on the right freq you could actually broadcast through the PA system inside the store. If we weren't at the Jamesway then we were up the street a little at the Burger King. There were lots of black marks in both parking lots.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 14:27

Huskerland
14736 Posts

I remember now the Drive In was called Todd's. All gone now....A burger King there I think.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 14:31

vetteblondie Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

I grew up in a podunk little town named Trumann, Arkansas - bout 6,000 or so. The local highway was not very long but there was a Guy's Discount store on one end, we'd all sit in that parking lot, and on the other end, there was a small toolbox factory that had a front parking lot just big enough for us all to turn around in. We'd sit on the tailgates of trucks and hoods of cars at Guy's and watch all our friends. On Saturday nights I worked at Walker's Dairy Freeze and our friends would come in there to flirt and visit. A little later they built a McDonald's a little farther down the highway that lengthened our route. My boyfriend worked there so I'd pull by by the drive thru window and wave or give him a kiss.
Crossing that highway was another more deserted route that the guys would take their cars and race.Kids still run up and down that road...
Posted on: 2011/8/21 17:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Podunk....? I grew up in a little central Kansas town of about 900 (500 now). We cruised up and down Main Street all five blocks of it. For excitement we would head over to one of the neighboring towns (all about the same size) and pester the locals there. I, too, had a 64 Polara 500, but it was a dog compared to the cars my friends drove. Hemi GTX, Hemi RR, LS6 Chevelle, 427 Chevelle, 427 Corvette roadster, Mach 1's, etc. I wouldn't race them, waste of time and effort.

The hang out was the local Dairy King....no Queens for us we were better than that.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 22:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Podunk....? I grew up in a little central Kansas town of about 900 (500 now).

Ah, hell, I can beat that. I didn't even have a town, grew up in Greenvillage, maybe 30 houses.
The "town' was 5 miles away. Main street was 2 lanes one way, 2ond street was the same, formed a loop.
Nobody really cruised, it was drag racing at every stop light. And only one town cop.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 23:54

biggrizzly Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

Ah, hell, I can beat that. I didn't even have a town, grew up in Greenvillage, maybe 30 houses.
The "town' was 5 miles away. Main street was 2 lanes one way, 2ond street was the same, formed a loop.
Nobody really cruised, it was drag racing at every stop light. And only one town cop.

Did they have cars way back then?
Posted on: 2011/8/22 1:51

Vetron87 Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Growing up in South Bend, Indiana we had brick streets and fast cars in the sixties, the reason I bring up about brick streets it was a major traction and braking problems on well worn brick. Therefore to catch the green light from Azars Big Boy to Bonnie Doones(another burger joint)you had to reach 80mph to make the light, if not it become equally as challenging to stop. The local police were pretty cool about the dozens of cars running the curcuit on and Fri and Sat nights. The sleeper cars back then were the Studebaker Larks R2 Supercharged coupes. They were fast, light and pretty much bullet proof. The R2's would make life miserable for Chevelles, Dodge Darts, and Buick GS. The Lag in the Supercharger would be just enough to allow the Lark to hook up on the brick streets while others would do impressive burn outs. I worked at a local Chevy Dealership and my car at the time was a 58 Corvette. Not very many corvettes then, but the interesting thing with my muscle cars buddies was none of them wanted to race me. I guess the small block, straight pipes, and Goodyear Blue streaks on the back spoke volumnes. BTW The Larks were no challenge for my 58.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 2:46

movnviolation Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

Early to mid sixties used to cruse and street race in Pomona (So Calif). Held my own usually with a 66 SS396 Chevelle. Got smoked real bad by a girl in a pink 65-66 mustang. Rumor was a girl in a pink mustang named Debbie Richie, niece of Les Richie (drag racing fame some old guys might remember), went to Cal Poly college in Pomona. Story was she used to like to do that with her highly modded, totally stock looking Mustang. Could never confirm anything, however, it didn't hurt so bad believing it.
Went to Orange county once to a couple drive-ins but was sent home early. Moral to that story is "Don't come to Orange county with only 400 hp.!"
My Chevelle and My Vette are the only Chevy's I ever owned.
All the rest have been Fords.
Loved the sixties. Never got caught up in the bullshit.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 3:31

Steve40th Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Of the 3 High Schools, in Alabama, it was just cruising from Enterprise to Ozark Alabama.
In California, we would go from Seaside to Salinas
And in NY, we walked. I was only 13...LOL
After High School though, 82nd Street Portland Oregon.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 5:31

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Ron, there was a kid in our home town in Kansas before we moved to Omaha and he had a Saddle Tan 63 Split Window and nobody would race him because it was just known that the Corvettes were always the fastest cars in town....They did hook up better on the rags we called tires back then.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 13:04

flyboy Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

During high school in the mid sixties in Berwyn, Il. my friends and I all drove what our dads drove, when they would let us have the keys.
Let's see, '59 Ford "6" pitted against a '63 Rambler Classic, against a '60 Ford "6", etc., real excitement there.
Ogden Ave. (rt.66) was the strip. There was a McDonalds, one of the first.
I wonder if my dad ever figured out it was the neutral drops that blew the trans on the '59.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 13:17

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

Yea, Henry had been around for a while.
In my senior year, I had a 60 Chev, 348, 3 duces, 4 speed and a new Honda 305 Scrambler.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 13:26

JeffK Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

I wish I had been born about 2 decades earlier. Growing up in the sixties always sounds like so much more fun than the 80's.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 13:48

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

JeffK wrote:
I wish I had been born about 2 decades earlier. Growing up in the sixties always sounds like so much more fun than the 80's.

It certainly was exciting (car wise) Jeff.
The anticipation of the new car models was something else, a big event.
My buddie borrowing the old man's new Chrysler with a 440, taking the air cleaner off and street racing (the guys with 57 Chev wondering how something that damn big could be so fast ).

Riding in the very first GTO convertable or the first 383 Dodge Charger.

Buying a 57 chev for $300 or a 63 Corvette for $1,300 (I did).

Fun times, especially for car freeks.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 14:11

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

In my senior year, I had a 60 Chev, 348, 3 duces, 4 speed and a new Honda 305 Scrambler.

You mean like this one....My first one was a 250 CC then I move up to the big power....a 305....oh yeah...we bad!

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:04

Huskerland
14736 Posts

There is a 250 CL-72 in town in a guys garage and I offered 1500 for it but he said $2000. It has the red frame and he thinks he has all the stock pieces for it. He bought it new in 64 and still has it.......I think I will go take another run at him see if he has softened up any. They are fairly rare I think. 64 was the only year they made the 250cc. My last one was a 67 305 which like a dumb ass I sold to a Honda Rep back in the day......
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:17

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

You mean like this one....My first one was a 250 CC then I move up to the big power....a 305....oh yeah...we bad!

Resized Image

Yep, and I had to pull the muffler off and put in "Snuff-Or-Not's" in the pipes.
What I do remember about the Scrambler was that it was a tad heavy to ride in the dirt.
But my 72 Yam wasn't.

Attach file:

jpg  881_4a2fbb438a5ff.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:24

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
There is a 250 CL-72 in town in a guys garage and I offered 1500 for it but he said $2000. It has the red frame and he thinks he has all the stock pieces for it. He bought it new in 64 and still has it.......I think I will go take another run at him see if he has softened up any. They are fairly rare I think. 64 was the only year they made the 250cc. My last one was a 67 305 which like a dumb ass I sold to a Honda Rep back in the day......

I got the very last 305 that was imported from Japan. The '69 model was sold out and the dealer got one shipped, it was titled as a '69 but had the seam in the gas tank like the '67's.

Traded it on a 750 Yamaha 3 cyl.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:27

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I got the very last 305 that was imported from Japan. The '69 model was sold out and the dealer got one shipped, it was titled as a '69 but had the seam in the gas tank like the '67's.

Traded it on a 750 Yamaha 3 cyl.

Geez I hated those smoking 3 holers.....they went like stink though....
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:33

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Geez I hated those smoking 3 holers.....they went like stink though....

Nah, different animal, a 4 stroke crusier with shaft drive.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-02-06 00-34-49_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:41

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Cruised in this right before I got my first Vette.

Attach file:

jpg  pontiac.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:50

95Vert Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Bill, Bonneville or Catalina? 1960?ish? Nice car!!!

Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills. Usually ran on Woodward Avenue between 13 mile and 16 mile. Usually though stopped at Maple or 15 Mile. I had a 1968 Camaro convertible with a 327. This is the late 70's early 80's. Never did Gratiot Ave, though I hear there was a lot of racing there.

The big guys trailered their cars to the then new I-96, several cars jumped in after the racers and blocked traffic. Then the racers would floor it.

Both those venues and days are gone now outside of the dream cruise which friends of mine won't stay in Detroit for since its just nuts and too crowded from what I'm told. I'd like to see it...
Posted on: 2011/8/22 17:58

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Nice Poncho......I love those big cars. 3 2's?
Posted on: 2011/8/22 18:42

bobges Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

Broad St Elizabeth N.J. A short run turned at the hospital and down at the train over pass. We used to car hop, at a light we would jump out and jump in with a car load of girls.I think its called car jacking now. We had a lot of fun.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 21:09

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Nice Poncho......I love those big cars. 3 2's?

Ralf & Marcus,

OF COURSE it had 3-2's

It was a 60 Bontiville.

Get this, I used this as a tow car for the drag race team I was on.
I towed an our 60 Bontiville with it. The cars looked the same except the race car was blue and had stickers all over it. The race car was a national record holder.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 23:49

lesfriendly Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Guru Newb
3 Posts

6th and 7th street........grants pass oregon
Posted on: 2011/8/23 3:12

istter1 Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

Resized Image

Was that a Honda Dream. My first street bike.

In Bakersfield it was simular to Modesto Ca. Chester avenue in Bakersfield was about 4-5 miles long. There were side streets in the downtown area. It started in the fifties and the serious racing moved from there to the Famoso Drag Strip

I had George Lucas in a class at Cal State Long Beach. He was sort of weird lots of energy. American Grafitie maker.

God am I old.

Steve
Posted on: 2011/8/23 3:37

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Ya the Honda Dream was the streat bike version of the scrambler. It was a CB designation and the Scramblers were CL's if I remember. That's cool about knowing the Maker, and American Grafitie was a great movie also. Yeah you are getting right up there Steve along with the rest of us....
Posted on: 2011/8/23 12:53

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:

Was that a Honda Dream. My first street bike.
Steve

Marcus's pic is the Scrambler. And yea, correct on the CB/CL thing.

Dream:

Attach file:

jpg  084muo.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/8/23 13:17

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Honda Scrambler

Attach file:

jpg  t_lt_side_s30_592.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/8/23 13:19

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Bill.....stop light? What the heck are stop lights? We barely had stop signs.

A couple of buddies had Honda Scramblers... I'm a little younger than Bill and Marcus, the big bike back then was the Kawasaki triples 500, 750 and the 1000. Those babies screamed once they hit the power band, suckers would jump right out from underneath you.

My first two cars: 56 BelAire 2 door post (freaking rust bucket)I eventually rattle can painted it, didn't look too bad then.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/64%20vette/56chevy2.jpg[/IMG]

My 64 Polara 500 383 mag torqueflite.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/64%20vette/64dodge002.jpg[/IMG]

My third car the 64 Coupe.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/64%20vette/1964Corvette5.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2011/8/23 13:25

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Bill.....stop light? What the heck are stop lights? We barely had stop signs.

We had to drive 5 miles to see stop lights.

Didn't even have a stop sign in GreenVillage.

But if my mom wanted fresh eggs, she made me walk across the street to the neighbor's chicken coop.

I also carried a rifle over my shoulder at age 12 headed for the woods and nobody even batted an eye ovet that.
But today??????????????
Posted on: 2011/8/23 13:38

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Five miles? It was 25 for us. We did have stop signs....not that we totally obeyed them.

Aint't that the truth.... In high school all the guys carried shotguns and/or rifles in our cars, hanging in the back windows or on rear deck. Never thought a thing about it.
Posted on: 2011/8/23 13:53

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Bill, in high school (the same high school I retired from) we had a rod and gun club. Bring your Shot Gun scabbered to the Wood Shop Teacher on a Thursday and shells on Friday to shoot clays Friday afterschool at the range less than a 1/4 mile from school. Try doing that today!
Had a Honda 160 Scrambler that I picked cheap from a kid that splattered himself hitting the back of a stopped school bus. Had to replace the front rim, tire and then it was my turn to hit something.
My second car was a 61 chevy conv,409, four speed. The impala weight tons and the x frame was not strong enough to handle the aggressive driving I did. Had a buddy with a 64 tripower Pontiac Catalina Conv. Gawd what a beast! His brother had a 65 Charger 500 with a Hemi. The Charger was quick but didn't hold up at all. GM and Fords you could beat on all day and would run stronger, Hemis would let loose at 5400rpm.
When the kids in the hood would get a BB gun at age 7 or 8 I got a 22, when they got a 22 I got a shotgun.
Hah growing up in the 50"s
Posted on: 2011/8/23 14:11

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
When the kids in the hood would get a BB gun at age 7 or 8 I got a 22,

Ha, I still have my 22.
Mossberg, ex-Army practice rifle. It had peep sights (front sight has 4 different ones) and I put on a Mossberg scope.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-06-05 14-18-44_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/8/23 14:42

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
[quote]
Vetron87 wrote:
When the kids in the hood would get a BB gun at age 7 or 8 I got a 22,

Ha, I still have my 22.
Mossberg, ex-Army practice rifle. It had peep sights (front sight has 4 different ones) and I put on a Mossberg scope.[/quote

Stock looks great. I still have mine to, JC Higgins (Sears) I think it was a Savage or Ithiaca.
Posted on: 2011/8/23 14:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Stock looks great.

I did that when I was a kid. The old finish was scraped, not sanded and used boiled linseed (IIRC).
Posted on: 2011/8/23 14:52

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Calm wrote:

Hey Rod, did we screw up your thread with enough details yet?
Posted on: 2011/8/23 14:53

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Real wood! Todays synthetic stocks are durable but add no character.
I finished building a match grade AR-15 with a Marine heavy grade barrel and nice modified trigger pull with a Burris Scope this spring. I have never had a chance to dail it in. Life got in the way! Recovery dives are tappering off now so maybe I cab can get some trigger time in. Got involved for a brief period of time with a sport combat shooting team. Involved use of a shotgun, M-4, pistol or revolver. Sounded good but I was surrounded by wannabes that were cops and fire fighters. Don't need macho punks carrying guns.
Posted on: 2011/8/23 15:07

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Calm wrote:

From cruise nights to guns, how cool is that Bill!
Posted on: 2011/8/23 15:10

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Calm wrote:

From cruise nights to guns, how cool is that Bill!

Kinda like crusing in college in a 68 Mustang CS, holding pop bottle rockets out the window.

Did you know that at 60mph, a pop bottle rocket fired from your fingers will pace the car speed for a few seconds before taking off towards the car you're aiming at?
Posted on: 2011/8/23 15:38

bogus Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

when I was a kid, growing up in the big town of Dover DE, we cruised Rodney Village parking lot.

I went a few times... the crowd was rather icky at times, and the center piece to the event was an arcade. Fights, drinking, drugs... as the rumours started to spread, I was forbidden from go there. It all came to a head on Friday night in January when 100+ police raided the place.

I was there that night - but not participating. There was a big RC Car race the next day and I needed to fix my soldering iron... so at about 8:30pm, my buddy, Bryan and I headed over to Radio Shack and watched the entire raid from inside the store! Didn't see it all, because the arcade and its associated lot were on the other side of the big vacant anchor store. We hung out there for a good hour... before the manager unlocked the door and let us out. Several ppl tried to get in, but that wasn't happening.

In fact, the manager locked the door a couple of minutes before all hell broke loose!!! He knew it was coming and he also knew we had zero to do with the problems over there... so we were protected inside.
Posted on: 2011/8/23 15:40

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Huskerland
14736 Posts

A buddy of mine had a ski boat....Merc 90hp outboard and we would go out to the State lakes and take some girls and spend the day skiing and swimming......mmmmmmmm....anyway one day we brought some M80's and when one of the girls was up we dropped a lit M over the side and it went off right before she got to it....hell of a wreck....suckers were like a depth charge going off.....she got over it.....at least I think she did....
Posted on: 2011/8/24 0:59

Calm Re: What street/City did you cruise in High School?
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Calm wrote:

Naa....It's all good!
Posted on: 2011/8/24 1:21

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.