Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

istter1 FUEL RETURN LINE
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

When my belt snapped it broke off the rubber hose at the FUEL RETURN LINE . I haven't run her down to the shop to put her up on the lift yet . Is there an easy way to remove the SS line so I can take it over and have another rubber line put on for me?

I don't feel like calling for a tow to get her to the shop.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/8 5:38

bogus Re: FUEL RETURN LINE
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

it should be a rubber hose to a bracket on what was the old fuel pump, that's where it hooks up. Shouldn't be but a 20 minute job.
Posted on: 2012/2/8 6:21

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteoz Re: FUEL RETURN LINE
Senior Guru
453 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
it should be a rubber hose to a bracket on what was the old fuel pump, that's where it hooks up. Shouldn't be but a 20 minute job.

On my TPI cars ,the front fuel lines are 1 piece (combo of steel and rubber lines) from the fuel filter all the the way to the rails.
You disconnect the return line at the coupling by the filter and pull the line out from the rear because it runs through a hole in the A/c bracket
Posted on: 2012/2/8 12:39

istter1 Re: FUEL RETURN LINE
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

vetteoz wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

On my TPI cars ,the front fuel lines are 1 piece (combo of steel and rubber lines) from the fuel filter all the the way to the rails.
You disconnect the return line at the coupling by the filter and pull the line out from the rear because it runs through a hole in the A/c bracket

When you follow the lines down from the rails there is a small bracket to hold the lines in position is it hard to get to. I have been looking in the dark with a flash light. Other than that the pressure coupling is where the line was brocken off less than a 1/2" sticking out.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/8 13:27

marv02 Re: FUEL RETURN LINE
Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

I had the Pressure fuel ilne go bad on me twice thats under the A/C pump I end up replacing Pressure and return line with Briaded steel hose from the fuel filter to Fuel rails.

I also ran the New hoses up next to the inside wheel well then over to the motor so if it ever starts leaking again you can see it and you can get to it with out removing the A/C pump to do so.

The first 2 times it did leak you could smell you could see the gas under the car but you could not see the leak.

The car wanted to die and Number 1 it a fire waiting to happen Fiberglass car go up very fast when they are are on fire.
Posted on: 2012/2/8 13:45
383 4 bolt main (10.5 to 1) Balanced, Flat top , pistons LT-4 Hotcam, C C ultra pro magnum steel 1.6 RRA, Trick Flow Heads Super 23 (195 runners) 62cc , SPL runners, Hi Flow intake base, 24# FIC Bosch 3 Injectors, Chipped, Melrose full headers, 3 way Main

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
I had the Pressure fuel ilne go bad on me twice thats under the A/C pump I end up replacing Pressure and return line with Briaded steel hose from the fuel filter to Fuel rails.

I also ran the New hoses up next to the inside wheel well then over to the motor so if it ever starts leaking again you can see it and you can get to it with out removing the A/C pump to do so.

The first 2 times it did leak you could smell you could see the gas under the car but you could not see the leak.

The car wanted to die and Number 1 it a fire waiting to happen Fiberglass car go up very fast when they are are on fire.

So do you have to pull back the ac unit to get to the bracket to pull the line as they go down from the fuel rails to get them out?

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/8 13:56

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

[quote]
marv02 wrote:

quote]

I like your idea of using the Briaded steel hose to replace those lines. Do you have a guestament of the legnth of line you used?
When the other line broke the drivers cabin filled with gas fumes. It was like driving a bomb. The ease of replacing the old SS lines with the Briaded steel hose should help with any future problems.
I have a three day weekend so sounds like an easy project when I start this sat.

Thanks

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/9 2:58

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Here is the parts list I use to build my SS hose system.

It's not cheep when it all added up but it worth it in my eyes.

I rather spend a little money now rather than be standing on the side of the HWY wacthing my car burn to the ground from a fuel leak that I could not see.

At least this way if starts leaking all you have to do is pop the hood and find the leak very easy now.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-100106-BL/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-112006-BL/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220009/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-230610/
Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:54
Edited by marv02 on 2012/2/10 3:27:48
383 4 bolt main (10.5 to 1) Balanced, Flat top , pistons LT-4 Hotcam, C C ultra pro magnum steel 1.6 RRA, Trick Flow Heads Super 23 (195 runners) 62cc , SPL runners, Hi Flow intake base, 24# FIC Bosch 3 Injectors, Chipped, Melrose full headers, 3 way Main

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Here some pictures of the SS Fuel lines and yes they are tall valve covers.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll60/KTM06/Vett%20Fuel%20lines/
Posted on: 2012/2/10 3:19

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
Here some pictures of the SS Fuel lines and yes they are tall valve covers.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll60/KTM06/Vett%20Fuel%20lines/

I like the way they look. On my way home from work and we will be towing the vett to the shop. I will check with the local speed shop and see if those parta are in stock.

Thanks

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/10 22:48

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

I hope it helped you out Make sure you tie the SS braided line every couple inches if starts rubing on things it can act like a hack saw and cut it way though things.

There anouther way to run the fuel lines with Nylon braided hose.
Posted on: 2012/2/11 1:09

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
I hope it helped you out Make sure you tie the SS braided line every couple inches if starts rubing on things it can act like a hack saw and cut it way though things.

There anouther way to run the fuel lines with Nylon braided hose.

I like the idea. I really disliked the gas spraying every where when the belt broke the line. This feels a lot safer. The best part is it will now be easy to get to.

Have a three day weekend should be able to find parts here.

Thanks again

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/11 1:39

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

I could not beleive the price of these parts compaired to Summit. Three Speed shops in town and If it was the March meets I could get these parts for next to nothing from the same shops. What a rip. Monday I will hit one 4x4 shop and all the hydralic shops. If no luck I will be ordering from Summit.

Steve

Posted on: 2012/2/12 5:36

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

LOL I know what you mean about prices Some times if you need it now you have to pay the high prices if you can wait online lot times is the way to go I beleive Summit parts come out of AZ so you should get them in a couple days.

If you do this Hose job you're self remember use some Masking tape and wrap tight around the Steel braided hose where you want to cut so it willn't fray as much.

I also used a high speed cuting wheel with a high speed air grinder how I cut mine.

Some time putting the ends fitting on the hoses can be a pain just take your time they do fit and you will end up poking you're fingers with the steel braid trust me.

As for the nipple adapters your going to need 2 sets 1 for the fuel rails there other for the fuel filter and return line fitting under the car.

I used the 120 degree fittings at the fuel rails and the straight at the filter area I think if i was going to do it again 45 degree could work a little better at the filter area just heads up.

The Stock hard line has a mount attached to the cars frame rail where the A Arms are at is a Pain to get at but it can be done.

I also made a custom mount about 7 inches in front of the fuel filter you can use some pipe clamps so yu can mout the hose to the frame to keep the hose away from the exhaust.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=adel+c ... tart=6&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:6

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=adel+c ... tart=6&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:6

I had my engine pulled out when I did mine I was sticking in my 383 at the time.

The 2nd time the fuel line started to leak I pulled the motor at the same time ya thats alway been my problem LOL stats out as a fuel leak end up putting in a 383 at the same time.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 16:30

BillH Re: FUEL RETURN LINE
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
LOL I know what you mean about prices Some times if you need it now you have to pay the high prices if you can wait online lot times is the way to go I beleive Summit parts come out of AZ so you should get them in a couple days.

If you do this Hose job you're self remember use some Masking tape and wrap tight around the Steel braided hose where you want to cut so it willn't fray as much.

I also used a high speed cuting wheel with a high speed air grinder how I cut mine.

Some time putting the ends fitting on the hoses can be a pain just take your time they do fit and you will end up poking you're fingers with the steel braid trust me.

Yea, good advice especially using a cutoff wheel.
Your pics look good Marv.
We had Kool-Tools in the race shop, makes installing the fittings a breeze but they cost a bunch.

I've switched to the good, fabric covered push on hoses on the racecars mainly because I'm tired of bleeding.
That's another reason to secure them like you suggested, if they flop around, you'll get one strand broken in the middle of a hose and bleed everytime you get your hand near it.

I think your Summit parts are being shipped from here not AZ. I'm really lucky that I can walk in Summit's door and get parts (no shipping charges either).

Attach file:

jpg  summit.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/2/12 17:14

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

marv02 wrote:

We had Kool-Tools in the race shop, makes installing the fittings a breeze but they cost a bunch.

I've switched to the good, fabric covered push on hoses on the racecars mainly because I'm tired of bleeding.
That's another reason to secure them like you suggested, if they flop around, you'll get one strand broken in the middle of a hose and bleed everytime you get your hand near it.

I think your Summit parts are being shipped from here not AZ. I'm really lucky that I can walk in Summit's door and get parts (no shipping charges either).

This is how we use to do it on the farm before they had cut off wheels.

http://youtu.be/dkqO6wbKLZg.

Sons gor a cut off saw and I have cut off wheels for my dermal tools and a big chissel.

You were talking about using a 45 to hook into the fuel filter. Any adapters for the other line. Just picking your brain as you have been here before. Oh and any adapters needed to conect from the fittings to the old fule lines.

Just to make my son happy we are going to the 4x4 shop monday to pick up parts for his rock crawler jeep. He said they have fittings there.
So I will be calling on summit later Monday LoL.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  fu.jpg (151.34 KB)
5144_4f3804080222a.jpg 1344X1008 px
Posted on: 2012/2/12 18:27

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I keep forgetting... bastet44's 87 was such a pieced together pile of parts, that I forget it wasn't built to a standard...
Posted on: 2012/2/12 18:52

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Like I said you need order 2 set of the nipple adapters 1 set go's on the fuel rail other set go's on the fuel filter O -Rings side go's into the fuel filter and fuel rail.

Now you can go with a straight type B nut fitting from the fuel filter area I would hook this side up first with either fitting you deside to use in this area installed to the hose you see the straight will work but a 45 degree type fitting will make a better transision up to the upper well wheel area.

Also feed the hose from the top down makes life much easyer I did not cut the 10 foot hose I ordered yet I was just looped as 1 hose still, temp tie wrap the hose in to place to get your lengths right run the hose how you want it to the fuel rail fittings I used the 120 Dergee type tape and mark where you think it needs to be a couple extra inches of hose wont hurt any thing either just in case Murpheis Law LOL.

Remove hose assy I put a extra tie wrap on either Press
sure or return ONLY both ends so you can tell what, what just in case you need to remove the line latter to do some kind of other work to the fuel lines latter.

Remove the lines cut and install upper fittings reinstall new fuel lines retie wrap the new fuel lines every couple inches for good and nut and bolt everything MAKE sure the fuel lines dont rub against the hot exhaust ect it could be a very bad thing if you dont do this.

(I put some old rubber heater hose over the A/C hard lines ect just in case just to make sure the braided SS line dont saw it way though).

Like I said the straight B nut fitting do work But I think 45 been better fit.

You can cut the hose with the cave man Hammer and Chisel way of doing things but it seems you're have a better chance in fraying the steel braid wich will make it a nightmare to get the fittings on.

I also didn't use the fancy blue wrench either LOL in the video.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

marv02 wrote:

This is how we use to do it on the farm before they had cut off wheels.

http://youtu.be/dkqO6wbKLZg.

Sons gor a cut off saw and I have cut off wheels for my dermal tools and a big chissel.

You were talking about using a 45 to hook into the fuel filter. Any adapters for the other line. Just picking your brain as you have been here before. Oh and any adapters needed to conect from the fittings to the old fule lines.

Just to make my son happy we are going to the 4x4 shop monday to pick up parts for his rock crawler jeep. He said they have fittings there.
So I will be calling on summit later Monday LoL.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/12 19:20
Edited by marv02 on 2012/2/12 20:06:04

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Ok missed understood on the adapters. Two sets of these.

Better to ask questions instead of screwing up the job.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/12 19:37

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Yep those are the puppies.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Ok missed understood on the adapters. Two sets of these.

Better to ask questions instead of screwing up the job.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/12 19:57

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

If I was you ISTTER1 I would put a new Fuel fitler as long your under the care looks like the one in the pictures been there for a while.
Posted on: 2012/2/12 20:09

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
If I was you ISTTER1 I would put a new Fuel fitler as long your under the care looks like the one in the pictures been there for a while.

reading my mind

Thanks
Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/12 20:24

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Ordered parts (Funny Bill,Sparks NV) should be here this week. Next week is also a 3 day weekend for me. Teacher
Should have it done.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/12 23:59
Edited by istter1 on 2012/2/13 0:19:37
Edited by istter1 on 2012/2/13 0:30:54

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

O'Reilly's has Wix fuel filters for the C4. Very good filter.
Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:16

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
O'Reilly's has Wix fuel filters for the C4. Very good filter.

Funny Andy just got back from there they were on sale. Needed a 16mm line wrench.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:23

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

4 Day weekend for me then again it mite be a 3 day work week my kid sick I mite have to take tomarrow off from work to stay home with her.
Posted on: 2012/2/13 1:03

BillH Re: FUEL RETURN LINE
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Ordered parts (Funny Bill,Sparks NV) should be here this week. Next week is also a 3 day weekend for me. Teacher
Should have it done.

Steve

I was in there this week, picked up some roto-lok surface conditioning discs.

Seems like I'm in there every other week for something.
Posted on: 2012/2/13 1:07

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Also I would start spraying the old fittings with some LIQUID WRENCH, WD40, something on the fitting now and the rest of the week It just might make you're job on breaking those tube fitting that much easyer.

Kinda like when I do transmission work I pull the pan a couple days early so it can drip it self dry so you dont have the ATF dripping on you face as you on you're back looking up at it Ya that sucks when that happens.
Posted on: 2012/2/13 1:11

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
Also I would start spraying the old fittings with some LIQUID WRENCH, WD40, something on the fitting now and the rest of the week It just might make you're job on breaking those tube fitting that much easyer.

Kinda like when I do transmission work I pull the pan a couple days early so it can drip it self dry so you dont have the ATF dripping on you face as you on you're back looking up at it Ya that sucks when that happens.

Marvin you are really funny. I left about 30 minutes ago to pick up some Liquid wrench. When I got back home my son had the hood up. He was trying to break the lines from the Fuel rail lose. One worked, He was getting ready to use vise grips on the other. No back up wrench on the rail nut.

Nothing brocken yet. Lol

Young ones hurry hurry .

Sounds like parts are just around the corner for you Bill.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/13 1:51

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Take the Vise grips and pliers away from you're Son LOL.

The precision Calibration Adjustment Tools Called a Big F-ing Hammer is my weapon of choice when everything else has faild LOL.

Hey if you're know it screwed you cant make much worse why not.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Quote:

marv02 wrote:

Marvin you are really funny. I left about 30 minutes ago to pick up some Liquid wrench. When I got back home my son had the hood up. He was trying to break the lines from the Fuel rail lose. One worked, He was getting ready to use vise grips on the other. No back up wrench on the rail nut.

Nothing brocken yet. Lol

Young ones hurry hurry .

Sounds like parts are just around the corner for you Bill.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/13 2:12

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

I wrapped the lines and sprayed them with PB Blaster while he watched me. He was going to use his propane plastic welder to warm up the lines.

There in these pictures of his last vehicle fire.

Marvin he can do more damage. LOL

Attach file:

jpg  little fire problem.jpg (27.77 KB)
5144_4f387da6945e3.jpg 320X240 px

jpg  final burn.jpg (3.83 KB)
5144_4f387e0e40e7f.jpg 150X113 px
Posted on: 2012/2/13 3:10

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Some duct tape bondo touch up paint and elbow grease the jeep will be good as new they make al kinds of aftermarket hop parts for them LOL.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
I wrapped the lines and sprayed them with PB Blaster while he watched me. He was going to use his propane plastic welder to warm up the lines.

There in these pictures of his last vehicle fire.

Marvin he can do more damage. LOL
Posted on: 2012/2/13 3:31

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Now the vehicle are two different one. The second one he burned up by some mine that has been abonded for years. Out in the desert by you. They needed something to start a fire with . He unhooked his fule line over a hot vehicle cat. Boon

He has two more of those one I installed a new 4.0 in last summer.
I have to keep buying tools as he has all of mine at his house.

A father's love.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  ready tio pull.jpg (4.35 KB)
5144_4f3888913f924.jpg 150X113 px
Posted on: 2012/2/13 3:50

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
I wrapped the lines and sprayed them with PB Blaster while he watched me.

Worked like a charm. Marvin will the return line that is connected to the fuel rail connect to the SS line by the fuel filter using the fuel line end? It will be conecting to a Male end.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/15 1:39

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Good deal glad it worked out for you.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Quote:

istter1 wrote:
I wrapped the lines and sprayed them with PB Blaster while he watched me.

Worked like a charm. Marvin will the return line that is connected to the fuel rail connect to the SS line by the fuel filter using the fuel line end? It will be conecting to a Male end.

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/15 2:39

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Parts should be here tomorrow. Hope to be over what ever crap I caught nose running sinus going crazy feel like head will . Will put it all together this 3 day weekend. knock on wood

Thanks for all the help.

life goes on

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/15 3:38

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

The addapter work on the fuel filter just like the ones on the fuel rail.

The end of the addapters go's in to the fuel rail same for the fuel filter and the return line fitting under the car next to the fuel filter it self.

Did you go with the straight fitting at the fuel filter or the 45's.

[/quote]

Steve[/quote]
Posted on: 2012/2/15 13:43

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
The addapter work on the fuel filter just like the ones on the fuel rail.

The end of the addapters go's in to the fuel rail same for the fuel filter and the return line fitting under the car next to the fuel filter it self.

Did you go with the straight fitting at the fuel filter or the 45's.

Steve[/quote][/quote]

Will be using 45. The return line coming from the fule tank is a male fitting on the end.. From that fitting to the rail on the return line conection is a female.
Will I need a a femal coupler to hook both males together ?
The adapter I ordered are two sets male.
Posted on: 2012/2/15 22:46
Edited by istter1 on 2012/2/15 23:43:15
Edited by istter1 on 2012/2/15 23:45:52

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Summit was quick everything arrived. hoping for good weather this 3 day weekend.

steve
Posted on: 2012/2/16 2:23

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

4 day weekend for me ya I rubbing it in LOL.

I will be working on my Vett also cutting off the old exhaust fixing the lock up convertor wire on the trans pulling the Govener out of the trans I changing the shift points so it shifts higher RPM's.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Summit was quick everything arrived. hoping for good weather this 3 day weekend.

steve
Posted on: 2012/2/16 4:32

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

marv02 wrote:
4 day weekend for me ya I rubbing it in LOL.

I will be working on my Vett also cutting off the old exhaust fixing the lock up convertor wire on the trans pulling the Govener out of the trans I changing the shift points so it shifts higher RPM's.

Quote:

istter1 wrote:

steve

Sounds like a lot of fun. 4 days LOL

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/16 6:01

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Nope a couple hours a day no hurry the Vett is my toy car I normaly drive the SUV during the weekend to haul the family around in.

And been driving to work during the week. I dont like Driving the Vett it in the Rain sometimes it get hairy when it wants to step out on you(He He Oh SH-T That was to close He He).

I am also and bringing Boxes home from work we are having new home built and we are packing to move next Month.
Posted on: 2012/2/16 13:46

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

I know in the rain they can spin on a dime. I love it. loved the soap pads we use to train on. It all changed when we got the front wheel jobs (SKUDS).
Son already been over ready to start. I told him no rush i like to do it in the day light. Do it right. I am lucky we aren't at his house he would have lost most of the parts already.
These ADHD kids are very smart but hurry too much.

Off to school soon .

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/16 14:04

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

The world has come to an end !!!

I was asking my son what size my return size fuel line was. thought 3/8. Need to pick up a JP hard line 3/8 to 6 an to connect return line to ss 6 an. He thought I needed my flaring tools. 90% of my hand tools are at his and his friends house. He is coming by tomorrow night to return almost all my hand tools. Not the cherry picker, transmission jack or the engine stand, air compresser and air tools, etc, but it is a hell of a start.

steve

He will more then likely bring back the sae mechanical ajuster. pipe wrench
Posted on: 2012/2/17 4:19

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Well any up dates.
Posted on: 2012/2/18 0:48

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Question on this 3/8 nut and flare when you hook it to the line do you flare the line the silver fitting is flared??

Attach file:

jpg  38line.jpg (332.66 KB)
5144_4f3efc13eaf23.jpg 2048X1536 px
Posted on: 2012/2/18 1:18

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Put the B nut on first then the Sleave then Flare the line Is it single or double flair.

If you're were closer I just take to my work we have a machine that flairs.

We do this kind of work at least once week Aircraft lines alway going bad.
Posted on: 2012/2/18 1:43

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

it is a single flare only goes on one way. Seamed funny to put a flare on a flare have all the tools.

thanks
Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/18 2:02

Senior Guru
California City Ca
130 Posts

Dont Laugh we make line with lot bends from blueprints you have make sure is right ect to make sure the line in specs cut it to lenght flair the ends then find out you forgot to put the fitting on before you flaired it man that ruins your day LOL.
Posted on: 2012/2/18 2:08

Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

As long as it works

When son gets here we will get her done. Daughter in law here with the girls eating me out of food. LOL

Love them

Steve
Posted on: 2012/2/18 2:14

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.