Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

DrEvil SSGT for life!!!!
Guru
Get in mah belly!
71 Posts

Hell, I'm a damn E5 for life I made 1st class petty officer 2 weeks before my Navy enlistment ended, I was allready on terminal leave so alot of good that did me.

Joined the Air National Guard as civil engineering. Spent 4 years getting everything ready, waiting on a Tech Sgt slot to open up and when it did, I was 1 week from transferring from CE to the military police squadron. The conversation went something like...

Msgt - I hope you got your uniform ready, you're getting promoted next drill weekend.

Me - thats nice. Heres my paperwork for you to release me to crosstrain to military police.

Msgt - blank stare....silence.

Me - can I still have my tech stripe? :tongue:

Msgt - silence.

That was the end of that. Fast forward another year.

So now I have to start over again in this career field as an E5. Allready went to the school, recieved my 5 level, 1 month from my 7 level requirements and have completed the AF combat leadership course. In another month I'll have two 7 levels and 2 aas degrees.
I guess I shouldnt complain because the reason I cross-trained was two fold. I wanted to do something more than I was doing in CE. I'm not saying I'm all hooah and all but I wanted to do something besides sit on my ass.
The other reason was the security forces squadron is growing at our base and while room for advancement is thin, we're growing and I had the opportunity to get an AGR job, which I did. Now if I could just get a damn TDY and a tech stripe everything will be OK in my little world.

Sorry guys, I just needed to vent a bit.
Posted on: 2008/1/13 2:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny RE:SSGT for life!!!!
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Vent away! Its the best way to get things off your chest. I have vented many times here and at DM. Military life is hard especially in certain career Fields.
Posted on: 2008/1/13 3:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.