Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
255 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus Sebring 2013!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

In just 15 days!!

A schedule of events:

http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fil ... ng%20Event%20Schedule.pdf

The Reveal - the new look for American road racing:

http://www.alms.com/articles/reveal-save-date

As soon as I can find it, I will post the Corvette Corral data.

Posted on: 2013/3/1 5:53

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Member cor123 usually posts this info, but she is laid up having just had knee surgery!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/1 17:41

BillH Re: Sebring 2013!!!
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Interesting thet the USF2000 cars are running a support race.

They're the next level up from the car in my avatar, same horsepower, same builder (Van Dieman) but much more downforce, Should turn some respectable lap times.
Posted on: 2013/3/2 14:16

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Since Sebring is a downforce track - no banking to maximize mechanical grip - yea, they should scoot about pretty good.

I will try to get lap times!!!!
Posted on: 2013/3/2 15:48

BrianCunningham Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Bogus you heading down again?

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Member cor123 usually posts this info, but she is laid up having just had knee surgery!!!

hope he's feeling better
Posted on: 2013/3/2 17:59

j3studio Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Another sign of spring ...

thumbup

Posted on: 2013/3/2 20:47

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Bogus you heading down again?

Quote:

bogus wrote:

hope he's feeling better

Always... and he's a she.

but with this world, you had no way of knowing. She is a very nice lady, lives in Northern FL. Her husband is very nice, too. We are all fb friends...
Posted on: 2013/3/3 2:34

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Update:

The 12 hour race is being broadcast LIVE on Speed!

Coverage starts at 10:30am.

There is still a live feed, but I don't have the URL yet... I will search that out.
Posted on: 2013/3/8 19:13

cor123 Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Master Guru
935 Posts

Thanks for your help. Here is my latest:

2013 61th Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

Media INfo:

The Reveal:
DATE: Thursday, March 14
TIME: 2:30 p.m. ET
LOCATION: Chateau Élan Hotel and Conference Center at Sebring International Raceway
TUNE IN:
- Broadcast live on SPEED
- Live streaming on alms.com, grand-am.com & SPEED.com
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Unveiling of name, branding and logo for the new unified sports car series
- Unified series’ competitive class names for 2014

Live Qualifying:
Friday, March 15, 2013 - 1:05pm EDT

Television Broadcast: Speed/Fox
Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:30am EDT

Live Streaming:
Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:30am EDT

LIVE TIMING:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2003/lt/ltc.html
http://scoring.alms.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.alms.com/mobile.html

SEBRING PIT NOTES:
http://twitter.com/almsnotes

RADIO ALMS
http://www.americanlemans.com/

TICKET INFO: 800-626-7223
(scroll down & choose Corral Parking Packages & choose Corvette Corral:
http://www.sebringraceway.com/12hr_tickets.lasso

Sebring Entry List
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fil ... sts/Sebring%20Entry_0.pdf

Spotters Guide: (03/12/13)
http://www.spotterguides.com/

Corvette Corral:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fil ... al%20SIR%20Schedule_0.pdf

Sebring Schedule:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fil ... ng%20Event%20Schedule.pdf

Sebring Map:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fil ... Sebring%20Track%20Map.pdf

Sebring Team Communications:
http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?opt ... sk=view&id=792&Itemid=111

WiFi Communications Map:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2012/events ... WiFi%20Coverage%20Map.pdf

WEATHER:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick. ... 7&textField2=-81.4535&e=1

From Sebring:

Corvette Heads Epic GT Field-
Six Manufacturers to Battle

Corvette will be among the favorites to win.

In what could be the best GT battle in Sebring's six decades of endurance racing, six manufacturers will battle at Sebring's legendary once-around-the-clock classic. American muscle will be well represented as Chevrolet Corvette and Dodge Viper battle against European high performance legends Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Aston Martin.

Corvette has won at Sebring seven times during the ALMS era, but all five of their competitors have also won at Sebring, with BMW winning last year's race. The GT battle will likely go down to the wire, just like 2007 when the final margin was less than one second after 12 hours of racing.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 19:21

Master Guru
935 Posts

Knee surgery did well. Just hoping I can do a lot of walking at Sebring! Anyone else going?
Posted on: 2013/3/8 19:46

KPotter Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

I will be there ! Can't wait, looking forward to a great weekend of friends, sunshine, and racing.

Tradition will have me up in turn 5 for the start of the race.
Posted on: 2013/3/8 20:17

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

cor123 wrote:
Knee surgery did well. Just hoping I can do a lot of walking at Sebring! Anyone else going?

Great to hear it went well!

Call it PT!

I will be there, as will my wife!
Posted on: 2013/3/8 20:42

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Charley - any idea what it takes to get into the Reveal conference?

Posted on: 2013/3/8 20:45

Master Guru
935 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Charley - any idea what it takes to get into the Reveal conference?

Sorry, I don't know. I won't be able to get there until later in the afternoon. I am sure fans won''t be able to get even close to the conference room. They monitor the hotel closely as they don't want fans to go through the lobby and watch the race from the back of the hotel. A great viewing area.
Posted on: 2013/3/8 20:58

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

hm... thinking of ways...

It might not be that heavily traveled, either. It is thursday, and by then, 2/3rds the green park is already buzzed.
Posted on: 2013/3/8 21:59

Master Guru
935 Posts

85 ALMS CLASS WINS

AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES

CORVETTE RACING ADVANCE

61ST ANNUAL MOBIL 1 TWELVE HOURS OF SEBRING

SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

SEBRING, FLORIDA

MARCH 16, 2013

DID YOU KNOW? Both the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios. The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency.

CORVETTE RACING & TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles

CORVETTE RACING FOR THE FANS AT SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:

• Fans can visit the Corvette Racing Display in the Sebring International Raceway in the midway area, and the Chevrolet Ride and Drive will be located in the Skid Pad.

• Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: 2014 Silverado, 2014 Impala, Volt, Malibu, Traverse LTZ, Sonic Hatchback and Spark.

• On Saturday, March 16, fans will be able to see the C7 Corvette Stingray at the display.

• Fans can see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer.

• Other activities at the Corvette Racing Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids.

• Display hours of operation: Thurs. March 14th – 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Fri. March 15th – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. March 16th - 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.

• Ride and Drive hours of operation: Fri. March 15th 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. March 16th 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

CORVETTE RACING IN AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES (ALMS) COMPETITION:

• Corvette Racing has 85 ALMS class victories, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.

• Corvette Racing has nine Manufacturer and Team Championships, and eight Drivers Championships.

• They were the Michelin Green X Challenge GT Manufacturer and Team Champions in 2012.

CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK—SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:

• Chevrolet drivers have seven Sebring 12-Hour class wins at Sebring International Raceway (2002-04, 2006-09).

• Corvette Racing drivers finished 1-2 in the Sebring 12-Hour race three times (2007-09).

• Corvette Racing has qualified first in class 9 times at Sebring.

• 2013 marks Corvette’s 57th year in international road racing. John Fitch and Walt Hansgen drove a Corvette to a Class B victory at the 12 Hours of Sebring in 1956, the first step onto the world stage that established Chevy's sports car as a contender in top-level competition.

CORVETTE RACING at SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY – DOUG FEHAN, Corvette Racing Program Manager

"Sebring has so much importance and not just from an historic perspective. You have to remember it is the inaugural race of the 2013 ALMS season. Every manufacturer has worked all winter to present their most competitive product to both their fans and their adversaries. Along with all this, it is Corvette's 60th Anniversary year and all of the world will be watching. Don't forget, when you are the reigning champions, everyone has you in their sights. This year's 12 Hours of Sebring has the potential to be a monumental battle and all of us at Corvette Racing are fully prepared to defend our crown."

Chevrolet American Le Mans Series Statistics

Manufacturers and Team Championships

Total (2001-2008, 2012): 9

24 Hours of Le Mans Class Wins

Total (2001-02, 2004-06, 2009, 2011): 7

Drivers Championships

Total (2002-2008, 2012): 8

2012 Event Victories

(Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Virgina International Raceway): 4

Connect with Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles.

About Chevrolet

Posted on: 2013/3/15 1:08

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I met Bob Varsha today!!!

Attach file:

jpg  BobAndMe.jpg (873.72 KB)
3_5142930cbc52e.jpg 1874X747 px
Posted on: 2013/3/15 3:18

Master Guru
935 Posts

CORVETTE RACING QUALIFIES BOTH TEAMS IN TOP 5 AT SEBRING

(SEBRING, Fla., March 15, 2013) – Oliver Gavin, driver of the No. 4 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R, qualified second (1:58.934, 113.206 mph) in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) GT class for the 61st Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway – just 0.119 seconds off the pole. Antonio Garcia qualified fifth (1:59:348, 112.813 mph) in the No. 3 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R.

“I’m happy with what we’ve got,” Gavin said following his qualifying effort around the 3.74-mile track. “Yes, I’d like to have the pole, but this is a 12-hour event, it’s not a sprint. I think we can almost start in the back and still win this race. But, I’m pleased with the position we’ve got. I’m happy with our car.”

Garcia, too, is optimistic about the 2013 season opener following Friday’s qualifying session.

“That wasn’t the perfect lap; I just couldn’t get the perfect lap together like I should have,” Garcia said. “But, that’s not a big deal. It’s a long race and we’ll see about it tomorrow.”

Gavin and Tommy Milner, who won the 2012 ALMS drivers’ championship, will team with Richard Westbrook in the No. 4 Corvette C6.R for this weekend’s event. Garcia, Jan Magnussen and Jordan Taylor will drive the No. 3 Corvette C6.R.

“Going through the race tomorrow, I think our car’s going to come more and more to us,” said Gavin, who has four class wins and eight class podium finishes at Sebring. “The track’s going to come more and more to us. That’s from our years of experience from working here, driving here, racing here, competing here. You get a feel for it.

“I think that we’re in good shape. I feel confident. Our team has been doing seven-second pit stops. When you look at stuff like that, you go, ‘That’s pretty cool.’ As a driver, you know that when you come in for your stop, each time – boom – they’re going to be right there. It gives you a lot of confidence.”

Corvette Racing, the defending series Manufacturer and Team champions, has seven class victories at Sebring since 2002.

Gianmaria Bruni, driver of the No. 62 GT Ferrari F458 Italia, won his third consecutive pole at Sebring.

The 2013 Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring starts at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 16. GT Qualifying is at 1:35 p.m. on Friday.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 1:38

j3studio Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Oog ... not going so well.
Posted on: 2013/3/16 18:47

Master Guru
935 Posts

CORVETTE RACING OPENS 2013 WITH WIN AT SEBRING

No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R Brings 8th 12-Hour Victory to Corvette Racing

SEBRING, Fla., (March 16, 2013) – Tommy Milner made a late pass for the lead and then held on for the final 15 minutes as the No. 4 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R won the American Le Mans Series GT class 61st Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway on Saturday.

The No. 4 Corvette C6.R – driven by 2012 Drivers’ champions Milner and Oliver Gavin, and Richard Westbrook – overcame an early electrical issue and two key penalties to win the 2013 ALMS opener. It is Gavin’s fifth victory at Sebring; Milner and Westbrook each recorded his first.

“What an incredible effort by Corvette Racing; these guys never gave up,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet U.S. Vice-President for Performance Vehicles & Motorsports. “They came from behind multiple times. It was a focused team effort, with great driving and great calls in the pits, and great pits stops, and they delivered a big win. I’m proud of them.”

The No. 3 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R – driven by Antonio Garcia, Jan Magnussen and Jordan Taylor – retired with just over three hours remaining due to an overheated gearbox. The team, which also experienced an electrical issue early in the race, finished in 11th place in class, 120 laps off the pace in class.

Milner took over for Gavin with two hours to go and the No. 4 Corvette C6.R the No. 62 Ferrari F458 Italia by about one minute; when he pitted with an hour remaining, he was about a half minute behind.

“Those guys had an unreal pit stop at the end,” Milner said. “We were about a minute back and then 35 seconds at the next pit stop, and then we were 14 seconds back. And once I got to see him, I thought, ‘Here we go. I’ve got a chance here.’ Once I got close to him, he went wide in one and I knew he was pushing hard and he kept making mistakes, and that was it, that was the moment.”

“Really, it came down to when Tommy got on the back bumper of the leader, and that’s when I thought this is when we can really make this happen,” Gavin said. “Tommy was relentless – chasing him down, chasing him down, putting the pressure on. It was a spectacular victory for everybody at Corvette Racing. I’m really delighted.”

Gavin qualified second in the No. 4 Corvette C6.R, and on the very first lap gained the lead. The team was still out front in its class when, nearing the race’s third hour, Westbrook reported that smoke was coming from the dashboard.

“It was clear that we had a good car from the beginning, and then when I had that problem with the dashboard, which put us two laps down – it took a few yellows and some great stints by these two to get us back into position on the lead lap,” Westbrook said. “The pit stops and Tommy’s stint was just amazing at the end, and on balance I thought we deserved it, and we did it the hard way.”

Corvette Racing, which last year won the ALMS Manufacturers’ and Team championships, earned its ALMS-leading 78th all-time victory.

“You can’t start a better way,” Gavin said. “We had a very good year last year in the championship. We didn’t have a great Sebring last year, but this win just puts us up there straightaway, leading the championship off the bat. Tommy and I just sort of picked up where we left off last year, which is exactly what we wanted to do. Proud of all the guys at Corvette Racing today. They nailed every single stop. It was spectacular to watch.”

The No. 3 Corvette C6.R started fifth but experienced a couple of problems early. Garcia accidently ran into the back of a slower car which was in the middle of the track, and incurred a 60-second penalty, then he reported problems with downshifting. Starting on lap 20, the car three times came in for repairs – which included changing the gearbox, steering wheel and electronics.

The car is very, very good, it’s just a shame that we’re so far back,” Taylor said after his first stint. “We have a very competitive car.” The team used its remaining time on track as a test session before its night ended early.

GT Class, 61st Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring

1. #4 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R (Gavin/Milner/Westbrook), 333 laps

2. #62 Ferrari F458 Italia (Bruni/Beretta/Malucelli), 333 laps

3. #17 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Henzler/Sellers/Tandy), -1 lap

4. #55 BMW Z4 GTE (Auberlin/Martín/J. Muller), -3 laps

5. #91 SRT Viper GTS-R (Dalziel/Farnbacher/Goossens), -4 laps

6. #48 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Miller/Holzer/Lietz), -4 laps

7. #56 BMW Z4 GTE (D. Muller/Hand/Edwards), -12 laps

8. #97 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Turner/Mucke/Senna), -15 laps

9. #007 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Della Lana/Johnson/Lamy), -26 laps

10. #93 SRT Viper GTS-R (Bomarito/Kendall/Wittmer), -30 laps

Connect with Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles.

Attach file:

jpg  tropy.jpg (284.67 KB)
4907_514725f92464d.jpg 480X640 px
Posted on: 2013/3/18 14:34

BrianCunningham Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

GO Vettes!
Posted on: 2013/3/18 15:12

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I'm back!

I will be posting more pics... Keep an eye on the Guru's facebook page.

I am posting there, because there aren't the size restrictions, and, I reach more folks.

Remember, you do NOT have to have a fb account to see the photos.
Posted on: 2013/3/18 23:19

Ultraman Re: Sebring 2013!!!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Andy, did you get to see the C7 that was at Sebring this year? If so I'm wondering what you thought about it after seeing up close....?
Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Master Guru
935 Posts

Posted on: 2013/3/22 15:01

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Andy, did you get to see the C7 that was at Sebring this year? If so I'm wondering what you thought about it after seeing up close....?

Check out the Guru's facebook page.

I have a few shots from Sebring and the Petersen event 3 weeks ago.

I will link it later... but goto www.facebook.com and search for corvetteguru.com. You do NOT need an account!!

@Charley! Thakn's for the inks!!! How did your knee feel?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 15:36

Master Guru
935 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Check out the Guru's facebook page.

I have a few shots from Sebring and the Petersen event 3 weeks ago.

I will link it later... but goto www.facebook.com and search for corvetteguru.com. You do NOT need an account!!

@Charley! Thakn's for the inks!!! How did your knee feel?

Let's just say that the knee could not keep up with the rest of the body, lol.
Posted on: 2013/3/22 15:57

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

awe, sad... With my wifes health, I am leaning towards a golf cart next year!

I still owe you vinyl cut stickers... I promised them last year, but the cutter went sideways on me (it broke!) found out I screwed up a setting...

Posted on: 2013/3/22 17:50

Master Guru
935 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
awe, sad... With my wifes health, I am leaning towards a golf cart next year!

I still owe you vinyl cut stickers... I promised them last year, but the cutter went sideways on me (it broke!) found out I screwed up a setting...

Yes, get a golf cart, then you can give me a ride when my other knee goes out!

Looking forward to getting the stickers whenever you get the chance. Thanks!
Posted on: 2013/3/22 18:15

Ultraman Re: Sebring 2013!!!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Go to part 4 of the vids and then go to around 15 minutes left in the race to see Milner take the lead.......oh yeah...
Posted on: 2013/3/22 19:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Master Guru
935 Posts

Here is a link to some of my Sebring pictures:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/we ... kid=link5&cid=EM_sharview

and a link to some pics of the C7 at sebring:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/we ... kid=link5&cid=EM_sharview
Posted on: 2013/4/18 13:15

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Cool!!!

Posted on: 2013/4/19 1:41

CadillacTech Re: Sebring 2013!!!
Senior Guru
Indiana
132 Posts

Better late than never...here's some pictures;

photo IMG_6493_zps29db252b.jpg

photo IMG_6511_zpsa8939996.jpg

photo IMG_6561_zps54a1eea4.jpg

photo IMG_6901_zps0bec0108.jpg

photo IMG_6921_zps4664f87c.jpg

photo IMG_6952_zpsc2caaa89.jpg

photo IMG_6557_zps014a5f21.jpg

photo IMG_6547_zpsed01b56c.jpg

photo IMG_6962_zpsd951e302.jpg

photo IMG_7163_zpsac769819.jpg
Posted on: 2013/5/21 16:15

Senior Guru
Indiana
132 Posts

photo IMG_7182_zpseb5ed342.jpg

photo IMG_7199_zps95c96770.jpg

photo IMG_7365_zpscbd8cfb5.jpg

photo IMG_7378_zps909accd8.jpg

photo IMG_7414_zpsc95d521d.jpg

photo IMG_7618_zps46362eab.jpg

photo IMG_7718_zps339a3b8b.jpg

photo IMG_7780_zpsaa899989.jpg

photo IMG_7940_zps8d8675ac.jpg

photo IMG_8036_zpsaa3d0e3b.jpg
Posted on: 2013/5/21 16:25

Senior Guru
Indiana
132 Posts

photo IMG_8143_zps98c8b813.jpg

photo IMG_8153_zps532abcff.jpg

photo IMG_8175_zps18fb7b42.jpg

photo IMG_8213_zps56327ed4.jpg

photo IMG_8356_zps895c0a31.jpg

photo IMG_8385_zpsabce4045.jpg

photo IMG_8396_zps4420aa64.jpg
Posted on: 2013/5/21 16:29

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

you made it! We never saw you guys this year... I had been meaning to reach out... sorry

Great shots!
Posted on: 2013/5/21 20:05

Master Guru
935 Posts

Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: 2013/5/21 20:32

Senior Guru
Indiana
132 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
you made it! We never saw you guys this year... I had been meaning to reach out... sorry

Great shots!

We looked for you but didn't see you or the wife. It was fun to attend one last time before NASCAR screws it up.
Posted on: 2013/5/21 20:39

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

My wife was there only on Saturday. She had a conference in Atlanta and kinda caused a bit of disfunction in the trip. I got Wednesday night, had some family issues Thursday... had to head up to Orlando Friday to get her... it was a whirlwind for sure!

I am not convinced that NASCAR will screw it up. Remember, they helped form IMSA in 1970... and they see the result of the DP cars, huge grids, no attendance. And too many people from ALMS are still involved with USCR... also, they are still tied to AOC for GT and LMP2 rules.

I think it might actually create a real golden age of good road racing. The factories are big on the GT classes and they are using them as testing grounds for the street, so the ROI is there.

Ultimately, time will tell.
Posted on: 2013/5/21 22:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.