Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
238 user(s) are online (199 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird 97 c5 new to me
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

had battery un hooked so fobs dont werk , did the dic deal but ony one programed , hopin dead battery , will try new tommora,,also pass. side locks fine but drivers door wont lock by remote or door,,hafta lock by hand or key..but will unlock..any cheap easy fix besides finding relays etc???
next seems i cant git the horn or lights to panic wid the panic..if opin door when locked it flash lights..duh im thinkin horn isnt werking..guess hafta check that before i ask more..perfect car chit is there such a thing..
Posted on: 2013/4/18 1:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pappyfreebird Re: 97 c5 new to me
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

update here is have both fabs werkin now , and had lights flash when hit panic but no horn , have set fer light n horn jus horn etn..long end short is horn blows fuses (havent had chance to look) and now cant seem to make the lights flash fer panic , yet werk fer alarm...so now two more questions..why wouldnt lights flash with the panic and why would horn blow fuse ,yea i know dead shrt somewhere but is it common etc?also when found blowed fuse i ony had a 25 n that werked fine but bought right size later (20) n pops em right away..any insite be groovy..been to busy to evin git ta play wid it n weather suks too
Posted on: 2013/4/22 12:07

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey why cant i edit?
also wanna add kin hear relay clickin as panic is hit but no lights n horn ,horn is no fuse as said ,b ut seems relay er juice gittun to it..i know i rattle cause i ain home werkin on it...again easy fixes be preciated
Posted on: 2013/4/22 15:03

Ultraman Re: 97 c5 new to me
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

edit button goes away after a bit....no one knows why....
Posted on: 2013/4/22 16:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

kinda like wives heyhuh blawahahahahahahaa
Posted on: 2013/4/22 17:45

teebee Re: 97 c5 new to me
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Mine doesn't......
Posted on: 2013/4/22 17:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: 97 c5 new to me
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Pappy... you are on my bucket list of people I have to meet in person... you never cease to amaze me with your wit and insights...
Posted on: 2013/4/22 22:36

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well that goes back at ya bog...still havent been able to look at car, n wated edit above to add in thought i dont think its deadish short, that should blow a 25 too im thinkin its drag er too much draw n pops the 20s yet 25s ok..to much draw could be a bad horn? ain sure how the lights are tide inta panic flash,,could be lightsa too,,but they werk in the alarm..i know i shoulda kept this in chat ,,cause i too hate readin throu tons a chit ta find the end fix..hope there is a end fix n one like me cheap n easy
Posted on: 2013/4/23 11:42

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

jus fer de sake of sayun,,,now a 20 amp pops soon as touch horn..yet 25 horn at wheel n panic werk fine,,so this means that de relay is jus fine too heyhuh..so hasta be a horn doggin out,,er (yea no book yet) is there lights er cig lighter etc on that fuse..anybody knowd that one? im gonna make de time n unplug horn n test the hick way,,but ifn has cig light er other chit on ssame fuse i may nawt hafta lay on floor..
Posted on: 2013/4/23 19:27

Huskerland
14734 Posts

Quote:

pappyfreebird wrote:
jus fer de sake of sayun,,,now a 20 amp pops soon as touch horn..yet 25 horn at wheel n panic werk fine,,so this means that de relay is jus fine too heyhuh..so hasta be a horn doggin out,,er (yea no book yet) is there lights er cig lighter etc on that fuse..anybody knowd that one? im gonna make de time n unplug horn n test the hick way,,but ifn has cig light er other chit on ssame fuse i may nawt hafta lay on floor..

Gotta be the horns or wiring at the horns....Put in a new fuse and unplug the horns one at a time if it pops the fuse then you got horn trouble..if both are disconnected and its still popping fuses then you have a short between the relay and the horn.....that's my 2 cents worth....don't know but don't think anything else is on that circuit....
Posted on: 2013/4/23 19:47

1Fast04Vert Re: 97 c5 new to me
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

First unplug both horns, if fuse still blows then unplug the relay and see if the next fuse blows. A shorted relay would really be rare, but worth a quick test. If fuse stays good then hook up one of the horns and test. If fuse stays good unhook that horn and hook up the other one and test.
Posted on: 2013/4/23 23:59

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

ok ony tooks few minutes ta peel horns out n low tone is spent ony clicks etc,,so will find one after werk ...but sure thats it,,ifn i unhook low de high tone werks good then unhook it n plug in low tone n wapfugganzingo pops de fuse..plus on a bat it jus clicks..so theres that saga..sarry i babbled so much befoe i looked..but as said hope fer easy fix er common one..thanks rednecks
Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:22

1Fast04Vert Re: 97 c5 new to me
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Glad you got that sorted out. Now what is left to do?
Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:40

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

drivers door wont lock wid fob or door buttin,,but unlocks as should...figure must be one a them relays in the control box in door...nnot going in there jus yet..long as i kin hit the flipper as git out n then she unlocks wid fob i be fine wid that fer now ,,member i had n 84 n dint have a fobbar,,plus id really like ta jus drive it once wahahahahaha dang weather ..posed ta actaully git warm 50s hoyaaaw..thank guys paps
Posted on: 2013/4/25 13:24

pianoguy Re: 97 c5 new to me
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

You will have that baby on the road soon! Mine is coming home today ;-)
Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

awrighty pianmayun..i run her a lil this weekend,,it is a very noice car...drivers door wont lock by remotes but will unlock,,so recon bad relay in the door..nawt to werried bout it right now...horn deal is fixed ,was one horn burnt out.
seem to have a low coolant light now n then ,but alls full so thinkin bad sender in tank...runs 212-218..fluched the hydro in clutch master looked ugly,,gonna be real fun toy..everyday driver has me whinnin a bit ifn rains n chit,,still have truck insur. thou..n have ratrod too...plus nomrally ifn sez rain showers i ride n ol hog n bring bar soap n kilt two birds wid one stone....
Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:27

pianoguy Re: 97 c5 new to me
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

LOL! Glad to hear you got her out on the road!
Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14734 Posts

hahahahaaah
Posted on: 2013/4/29 19:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.