Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
247 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Seats
Both could be power, neither could be.

However, if they are, they should move fore/aft and up down with little more than an electric motor whine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

mseven ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

This is a 1990 coupe that came with all options including both roof panels. The car currently has 66,000 original miles on the body, and was purchased in 2004. The car had two previous owners, both of which had worked at the GM tech. center. This car has never seen rain snow etc. from the start and has been garage kept with a cover for its entire life. All maintenance records, original factory window sticker, build sheet, owner’s manual (including owners package, cassette, vcr), and helms manuals were provided from the previous owners. In addition I have all the bills/receipts since I have owned the car, which will all be given to the new owner. I am selling the car because I have a new toy/project and just don’t want to keep up with two cars, and need the additional garage space.
Drive train:
This is a 396c.i. built by T.P.I.S. It has a studded 4 bolt GM block, which was align honed and bored .030 over. It uses a forged Callies crank, Comp star rods, forged SRP 16cc dished pistons, Custom billet core T.P.I.S. cam 236/242 @50 with 610 lift., Melling select pump and a Canton road race pan. Cylinder heads are AFR 190 comp port (older version, with ti retainers, and Comp Cams 1.6 ratio pro mags.) that flow 286@.600, with a matched mini ram, billet T.P.I.S. 58 throttle body, 36 # injectors, Stewart stage II water pump, March under drive pulleys using all ARP fasteners. It was dynod at T.P.I.S and produced 547hp @ 6300 rpm on a conservative tune. I have all dyno sheets, flow sheets and blueprint file for the build.
Transmission is a 700r that has been completely modified to support approx. 700+ hp. and has a Pete Kane 2800 converter with ATI, sfi flex plate, and ARP fasteners.
The Dana 44 is an Exotic Muscle “Gladiator” that was actually built by Tom’s differentials, and comes with a 4:10 gear. The drive shaft and half shafts were all balanced and spun to 7500 rpm by DynoTech Engineering and have new solid spicers.
The exhaust uses Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated), and a modified all stainless and welded Random Tech exhaust. It utilizes 3 “tube from the collector and “X”, it then necks down to 2 ½” with stainless straight through Magna Flow mufflers and OEM lt-1/4 tips
The intake, fuel rails, water neck, alternator, pulleys, transmission case, trans. pan, oil pan, inspection cover, C-beam, beam plates, batwing and drive shaft/half shafts have all been powder coated. All plumbing parts for motor and transmission are Earl’s flex 350 with Black anodized ends. N20, and fuel/ brake lines are all Teflon core Earl’s hose. It also has a Dewitts Radiator, and external trans. cooler.
I have QA-1’S (single adjustable) on the front and Van Steel coil over package on the rear. All hub bearing assemblies have been replaced with all new OEM parts along with all tie rod ends. The brakes are all brand new OEM parts along with Hawk pads, Earl’s braided lines and Valvoline dot 4 type synthetic fluid. The wheels are billet specialties (powder coated) 4x15 and 10x15 rears with MT Sportsman series fronts and MT dot Drag radials (295/55/15, 27.2 x 10) that have less than 1000 miles. The entire drive train, including: brakes etc., suspension, starter, alternator have less than 3,200 miles !!
The interior is original with ZR-1 cluster (8K tach), raptor shift light, B&M pro mag shifter. The nitrous system has its own electrical system located in the glove box using relays and a 7 circuit Painless fuse panel for switched power. The bottle temp gauge (for the heater/blanket) and switches are in the cup holder with the N20 controller located in the center consol. All new wiring uses TXL wire, relays, appropriate wire size, weather packs (where needed) and all connections are silver soldered and shrink wrapped. None of the stock wiring has been adulterated in any way to run any of the add-ons on the car. If someone chose/wanted to re-install the AC, fx3 etc. all the stock wiring is intact. Headlight gear assemblies, bulbs etc. are all new, and the body is excellent, with no issues. The paint still looks great with no rock chips, lines etc. The interior is excellent plus, including the original sport seats, all trim perfect, and the car has a Kenwood receiver with 4 speakers in the original enclosures along with new OEM power antenna. ALL the weather stripping has been replaced with new OEM GM weather stripping, including window swipes.

I have ALL the original parts that I have taken off the car including wheels and tires (except the block and heads) and along with all documentation/paper work (including Helms manuals) will be given to the next owner.

This list is just off the top of my head, I’m sure I’m forgetting something’s that I have done to the car. If you are looking for one of these cars that is done right with all good parts this is the car for you …………some pics below. If there is anything in particular someone wants to see, I will send pics of any part of this car. I can tell you that it looks exactly the same in person as it does in the pics ! I am asking 25,000.or reasonable best offer. I can be contacted through email tuokaerf@yahoo.com
Thanks for looking,
mseven (Mick)

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/6 1:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Wow, Mick, I can't believe you're selling it! Good luck for an amazing car.
Posted on: 2013/5/6 2:08

TommyT-Bone Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Amazing! No really. Amazing! I hope the right buyer meets the right seller.
Posted on: 2013/5/6 2:53

joeld Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

WOW! I always assumed you had a nice C4, but that car is very nice! Good luck with the sale.

BTW, good to see you're still knocking around. What's the new toy? Hemi?

Joel
Posted on: 2013/5/6 3:47

mseven Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Wow, Mick, I can't believe you're selling it! Good luck for an amazing car.

Yeah I know never thought I would sell either, but decided to go in a different direction.
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Amazing! No really. Amazing! I hope the right buyer meets the right seller.

Thanks....me too
Quote:

joeld wrote:
WOW! I always assumed you had a nice C4, but that car is very nice! Good luck with the sale.
BTW, good to see you're still knocking around. What's the new toy? Hemi? Joel

No hemi, somewhat of a different direction this time around, big inch Chevy pump gas motor in a 69 tubbed chassis camaro.
Thanks for the compliments guys......whoever ends up buying this car will be getting a really good car.
Posted on: 2013/5/9 11:06

Ultraman Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

That car is artwork on wheels.....wow! Very nice Mick!
Posted on: 2013/5/9 14:53

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

EngineDoctor Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Master Guru
La Habra Ca.
791 Posts

Sweet ride !!
Posted on: 2013/5/9 19:54

bogus Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The attention to detail is amazing. Just amazing.

Can't wait to see the next project!!!
Posted on: 2013/5/9 20:56

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

Ultraman and Engine Doctor,.......thank you for the compliments !!
Quote:

bogus wrote:
The attention to detail is amazing. Just amazing.
Can't wait to see the next project!!!

Andy,
I never forgot when I was first got started with the vette and you helped .....Thank You!
so here you go, and for you bro' a couple shots of the "new" project:

on the way back home !!
Resized Image

NHRA certified 7.50 chasis:
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
and next year it will be injected and on the hose !!!

Posted on: 2013/5/10 5:35
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 5:58:41
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 5:59:53
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:01:56
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:04:38
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:07:25
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:08:47
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:10:26
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:12:20
Edited by mseven on 2013/5/10 6:18:14

Matatk Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Wow.
Posted on: 2013/5/10 17:09

EngineDoctor Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Master Guru
La Habra Ca.
791 Posts

I'm jealous.....
Posted on: 2013/5/10 18:59

Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

Thanks to all that have responded............The car is SOLD!!
Posted on: 2013/11/16 19:08

TommyT-Bone Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Congrats on the sale and good fortune on the new project. I said good fortune, not big fortune.
Posted on: 2013/11/16 20:47

BillH Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Excellent !

That's the way to go, I haven't put money into engine mods on street cars for a very long time.

A dedicated car is where it's at.
Posted on: 2013/11/17 0:18

bogus Re: ~F/S 1990 COUPE.......done right !!~
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Mitch - that is ONE bad ass Camaro!!!

I can't wait to see how damned near perfect it will be once you put your hands to it.

That Vette of your's said nothing but "QUALITY" in loud large neon letters. It was seriously sano, to dig into the past.

And you are most welcome for any assistance I gave... your knowledge base is impressive, I just pointed you in a direction and you did the rest... if that!

Posted on: 2013/11/17 1:23

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.